I got goop too :(
    I got a present. with 93 goop. :(
    1.5 tonics.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    5 dingbats. Woooooooooo.
  • Thalkros said:
    Aeldra said:
    Thalkros said:
    Kagato sent message #5902 at 06/08 00:19: //In all seriousness, you guys MIGHT want to ease up, especially on the perpetual cay-tainting. I'm pretty much the ONLY person that seems to give a damn about the cay anymore and I'm pretty much burnt out. You won't get ANY more strongarms raised if you don't have anyone willing to do the counterquest. I even tried BRIBING people to do the counterquest and got no bites."

You haven't even seen my final form, arkarkark!

Sadly, the cay quests main problem is not that people are trying to do it nor that it can be griefed. The main problem, imo is, that it's a two hour time investment ( on celest's side at least) with you having no chance to actually pk the people who trying to stop you. Make cay a pk zone and we can talk :)

edit: just to clarify, am not saying it's a good idea to make it a pk zone, but for me, as it is right now, it's not in a place where it's any way fun for me. If I have a whim I'll do it, but otherwise? 

Without being hindered I can do Cay in roughly 15-20 minutes if I'm firing on all cylinders. Does celest need 50 or 25 spheres to charge the Talisman? I forget but the spheres are stupid easy to influence so the time frame couldn't be much more than maye an extra 15 minutes or so. Not sure where you are getting 2 hours from as the quest mirrors almost exactly to both sides outside of bashing 50 starfish/influencing however man spheres.
    I don't really think that you're a good benchmark for how long a quest should take. Unless you're not using your Ascendant powers or a giant pile of artifacts.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • The 3-4 other people I have do Cay probably have more artifacts than me. I just have max fire buff, and a weaken rune. I use exactly 0 ascendant powers for bashing or influence nor have a giant pile of artifacts. 
  • Pardon me if I don't believe the giant troll.
  • Thalkros said:
    The 3-4 other people I have do Cay probably have more artifacts than me. I just have max fire buff, and a weaken rune. I use exactly 0 ascendant powers for bashing or influence nor have a giant pile of artifacts. 

What fire damage do you do as a mag?
  • I don't have any artis that would help in achieving the cay, and I have managed to pull it off while others try and prevent me. It isn't about artifacts, it is about perseverance and learning from your mistakes and knowing your enemy. 
  • Doing the cay isn't about artifacts or ascendant powers. Doing it in under 20 minutes almost certainly is.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Veyils said:
    Thalkros said:
    The 3-4 other people I have do Cay probably have more artifacts than me. I just have max fire buff, and a weaken rune. I use exactly 0 ascendant powers for bashing or influence nor have a giant pile of artifacts. 

What fire damage do you do as a mag?
    I'm gonna guess fire whip.

These numbers might be getting affected by how quickly the number sudoku thing is getting done (if there's a useful online solver, people might be doing that instead of crunching it out on their own). Having maps for all the mazes at the end also makes a difference.

That said, there's no way to do it in under 20 minutes if you're influencing instead of bashing. But two hours makes it sound like you've never done the quest before, or don't have any tools set up to help make it faster.

• Yeah lol doing the cay is all about just punching mobs people influence and pettily standing there and killing single seagulls/starfish.
    It's all about being petty, which doing the Cay is in the first place.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yarith said:
    Yeah lol doing the cay is all about just punching mobs people influence and pettily standing there and killing single seagulls/starfish.
    It's all about being petty, which doing the Cay is in the first place.
    Yeah lol
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • only now do I realize I typoed two billion as two million
  • Yasei said:

The thing that is bothering me that the gold isn't melted
    There used to be a giant pile of cactus weed in there. Few million sprigs of it. I have no idea where it went.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited June 2017
    Brother Sun secretly Snoop Dogg

pic for proof

Ianir said:
    Yasei said:

The thing that is bothering me that the gold isn't melted
    There used to be a giant pile of cactus weed in there. Few million sprigs of it. I have no idea where it went.
    Kalikai did return in the last few months. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shedrin said:
    We are especially interested in applicants from Celest, Glomdoring,
    Magnagora, Gaudiguch and Serenwilde. We are unlikely to consider
    applicants from Hallifax at this time.

This slight will not be forgotten.

Man, I didn't even notice that part. How rude.

#HallifaxPrivilege 
  • Charune, Lord of the Hunt says, "I suppose the closest would be children, though it is a different 
    bond. Imagine slicing off your own hand, only to be able to feel what it feels and see what it sees 
    and hear what it hears, assuming hands could hear and see."=

Happily, you chime, "Well that's not absolutely terrifying to imagine at all!"
  • You reach out and touch a tall obelisk.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'What's That?' Achievement! You have earned Instant Experience.
    8175 100% 6675 100% 7425 100% Orimi 24.98%  (+0.010000000000002 xp) 

ALL THAT XP

• edited June 2017
    The most boring room in the Havens.
    Several cubicles line this plain, nondescript meeting room, large white walls rising from the carpeted floor into a flat ceiling. Fluorescent lights shine down from the ceiling, the halogen bulbs emanating a bright light and a soft glow. Several bits of kitsch can be seen within the individual cubicles ranging, colourful knick-knacks and posters covering the inside walls. The meeting room itself is large and spacious, (with) small posters on the walls usually involving small kittens in unlucky or precarious scenarios overlaid with motivational text such as "Hang In There", "Only You Can Prevent Untrapped Errors", "You Never Fail Until You Typo In A Gamewide Emote", "I Can But I Won't", and "The Customer Is Sometimes Wrong."
    You see exits leading north and south
    I will typo this in game if I have to
    Kalaneya said:
    The most boring room in the Havens.
    Several cubicles line this plain, nondescript meeting room, large white walls rising from the carpeted floor into a flat ceiling. Fluorescent lights shine down from the ceiling, the halogen bulbs emanating a bright light and a soft glow. Several bits of kitsch can be seen within the individual cubicles ranging, colourful knick-knacks and posters covering the inside walls. The meeting room itself is large and spacious, (with) small posters on the walls usually involving small kittens in unlucky or precarious scenarios overlaid with motivational text such as "Hang In There", "Only You Can Prevent Untrapped Errors", "You Never Fail Until You Typo In A Gamewide Emote", "I Can But I Won't", and "The Customer Is Sometimes Wrong."
    You see exits leading north and south
    I will typo this in game if I have to

Just remember to make sure and be in the room at the time and TYPO HERE. Else, it doesn't count. 

• ----[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]----------------------------( 2017/06/17 04:55:30 )----

Mobpocalypse should naturally resolve itself within an hour.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, the Crows being all over was a bit weird. THough could also cool if tied to an intentional event....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Don't Blink!