Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• I don't know who has poison, I just know it exists.  
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Just to quickly check, does scum cover serial killers as well as mafia?
  • Then all eyes turn to Eldanien
  • Oh thanks Arix, I knew keeping you around was a good idea.

Vote: Eldanien

Lets hear some explaining.

• Ugh.  Well, it was a gamble but it was my work schedule that ruined it for me.  I had hoped to break the ruse before too much harm was done.  I am fully responsible for the new info the mafia may have now, as a result of this attempt.

So yeah, I'm looking crazy suspicious.

This was meant as a gambit.  Apologies for the charade and to Kalikai, but I needed bait and Kalikai was my best bet.  My plan was to see if the trap bore the fruit I expected and then reveal the trap - my actual target was (is) Sylandra.  I was relatively convinced of Kalikai's townliness, while her townliness wasn't overwhelmingly obvious, making it plausible that I'd consider her mafia.  So I went all-in on another townie with grandstanding and fanfare and implications of secret knowledge, providing the mafia with a tempting train, the fault for which could easily be placed on me.  I succeeded at that, hah.

My goal was to wait for (and assess the details of) Sylandra's vote, to help tip the scales of a circumstantial case I was working out in my head.  And possibly lure another into action.

Why do I suspect Sylandra?  Because of variances in level of aggression based on the target, which lead me to a 'how likely is this' model turning up Sylandra as mafia despite her very townlike posts up to this point.  Iffy, too much conjecture.  So I devised a test.  Sylandra is the one who was affected by ruby color energy last night.  I know this because I'm the one who sent it her way.  No, it's not an investigative power per se.  I wish.  But one of the qualities of this power is that it is very high priority.  I took advantage of that quality to 'ping' her with a night action that I was sure she'd receive.  I then gave my suspect a good reason to help out town by speaking up about it.  I asked for a hint from the person whose night involved ruby color.  I gently pled.  I put pressure on her by suggesting this information was key to solving towards identifying mafia.  Use of the word 'lynchpin' was a bit of a conceit on my part.  But there you have it.  She did not speak up.  Nightingales, peaceful night, she responded.  Of course, townies should be careful with sharing knowledge, just as I wrote in vaguely targeted response to Kalikai revealing info.  But I am reading Sylandra's unwillingness to speak up as an unwillingness to help town.  I expect some may not see it that way.

So here we are now, and I am in the unenviable position of trying to explain how I was lying to everyone for a good reason.  Oi.

If this results in my lynch, as I suspect is highly probable, bear in mind what I wrote here and who it is I suspect.  I can't offer a guarantee that Sylandra is mafia - she's damn good at this game with all that this entails.  But my knowledge and conjecture were compelling enough to make me think outside the box in order to test her.

And yes, I do suspect another, depending on Sylandra's role reveal. I choose not to say whom or why, because gambit and not sharing info with the mafia, et cetera.

Unvote
    Vote: Sylandra

I'll do my best to pop in to post as much as I can, but I'll be crashing hard when I get off work.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What the hell. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm out and about but will process this when I'm at a computer. Whatever the ruby business is I can genuinely say I'm baffled by it because I received no such message about it.

I saw nightingales last night that's it. And if you investigated me you know I'm the definition of harmless.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Truth my post if you want btw. I ain't lyin.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    There does seem to have been an error made with the previous night. I have informed relevant party(s).
    I'll put it out there that I didn't receive a correction so I can only assume @Eldanien did.

(For emphasis: no rubies last night. None. Why would I lie about that when I admitted to coins and nightingales?)
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Dys: Scum to me is anyone that gets in the way of town wins.

On the Eldanien affair: I am not quite sure how to process that and I do not think it is a tree worth barking up for, considering we are halfway done with the day phase. We should move forward on someone but I am not sure Eldanien is the best person to vote off. I really don't understand what is going on with the ruby color and it seems like you a WIFOM situation.

I also do not think we really needed that confirmation on Kalikai, we could have pursued other options, there really isn't a point to posting declarative statements of truthing your post if it has already been used in the day.

However in the interest of moving things forward at least in one direction: Othero got turned invisible last night, and no one has followed up on that. Since Othero has said that, he has gone mostly unnoticed and hasn't made many posts at all. If it weren't for the misquote by Sylandra, Othero may have gone unnoticed even further.

He was the 6th vote on the No Lynch bandwagon, and then has been mostly silent since. He was the 3rd person on the Tarkenton bandwagon and was the person right before Phoebus voted.

Vote: Othero

I would like to know more about being turned invisible. Did you take an action and get turned invisible? 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Nope, no night actions taken by me last night. I was turned invisible last night with no indication as to what that meant. 

And I've been quiet because I don't have a ton to add and I assumed Phoebus' death was enough to mark me as likely being town. 

If you want me to add something I well say that I believe Phoebus' death to be the work of an SK and not a vigilante. We have 5 non-town and I don't think it is a 5 person mafia. I'm discounting a survivor because I'd expect the Phoebus dying+The count would get them yup reveal so that they could get ahead of being labelled an SK.
    @Vivet can we get a vote count?
    Daraius said:
  • On the one hand, I believe in Lynch all liars. On the other hand it sounds like Eldanien got tricked by his powers. I'm torn.
  • Yeah, I'm going to wait for a follow up from Eldanien before deciding this is a "lynch all liars" situation.
    I was honestly debating if I had been stealthily bus driven and Eldanien had mistakenly targeted someone else without realizing it, but Vivet's post makes me think it's an honest mistake behind the scenes.

I think Eldanien has just the one vote right now, but iirc a few other people (Lehki, Othero) were voted as well and I'm trying to sort who has whose vote.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Eldanien said:
    Hmmm.

I may be out of pocket for a couple of days, so I'm going to lay a couple of things out there.

If your evening involved the color ruby, I would love to be hinted your story.

If your evening involved a rainbow of colors... same.  I'm hoping the story involves leprechauns, but that would be too good to be true.

Also, @Yomoigu, when you get around to posting, please include the details of your death that aren't obvious by the large hole in your heart.
    Anyone want to respond to this, btw? It means nothing to me.
    (This post is also hilarious to me in hindsight. Lol. Eldanien must have thought I was full of crap.)
    Daraius said:
  • Fun times.

Unvote

Operating under the assumption it's inappropriate to quote ModPMs, I'll paraphrase.

I did perform a night action on Sylandra.  I expected the action to be visible.  I was informed that the action may or may not be visible.  My power does something if another condition outside my control is met.  As it turns out, that something else did happen but my night action was overlooked.

And since I was using that night action to tip the scale on my suspicion, I now have insufficient suspicion to push for Sylandra's lynching.

To make up for last night, I was given to know that Sylandra was acted on by another.  I was given no other details.

• Silvanus said:
    I guess in the interest of sharing things that town can benefit from, the reason my role doesn't have another name is because I am an animal, though it does mention elves.
    You're a talking animal? Ha, that's awesome!

Why are you at the inn?
  • Othero isn't really screaming scum to me at the moment. Why would him turning invisible make him scum?

I think the nightingales and the mice may be related, using critters to their own ends. Nobody saw nightingales the first night right? This would likely be Eldanien's actor. 

I'm also thinking that Lehki's (or Othero's) mysterious double shuriken blocker is more copycat, less two ninja's. I again don't think we've seen that tonight on anything else. Though unless our SK is Ayano and they both blocked night 0 and killed last night. Reading back, Lehki alluded to be acted on, but did not reveal it. Was revealing it now to make sure town doesn't make a mistake in writing off Othero too quickly, or a way to quickly discredit Othero that we are unable to disprove? The more people we can write off as town, the better for town, but writting off a scum as town is definitely bad news bears.

But mostly, I had made an assumption based on comments that lead me to believe Tremula knew about my supermajority and she's now denying it, which again brings her into question.

Choice choices. 

Vote: Tremula - I thought you were good but then you had to go and show me the only thing I had to give you a pass was incorrect. Why did you bring up supermajority again?

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Vote Count

Lehki <- Weiwae (1)
    Othero <- Silvanus (1)
    Tremula <- Kalikai (1)

• Kalikai said:
    I'm also thinking that Lehki's (or Othero's) mysterious double shuriken blocker is more copycat, less two ninja's. I again don't think we've seen that tonight on anything else. Though unless our SK is Ayano and they both blocked night 0 and killed last night. Reading back, Lehki alluded to be acted on, but did not reveal it. Was revealing it now to make sure town doesn't make a mistake in writing off Othero too quickly, or a way to quickly discredit Othero that we are unable to disprove? 

For what it's worth, not writing off Othero too quickly is why I choose to bring it up. And I'm also leaning back towards it being a copycat power since there was no shuriken block tonight.

That also makes me suspect that the second kill tonight might possibly also be a copycat since both of Tark and Phoebus died in the exact same manner. But the implications of that are kind of weird when I think about it.
  • Honestly my head is spinning following all of this as one lead after another gets shut down.

I worry about Eldanien with his scattergun approach to lynching everyone but can't deny that a lot of information has come out of it and nobody got hung. Yet.

I am going to side with Kalikai on this one. We know she is not a bad guy. Tremula knows more that is letting on and seems to be opposed to Kalikai.

Might have been a simple mistake. I am starting to doubt even those exist though

Vote: Tremula

Lehki said:
    Kalikai said:
    I'm also thinking that Lehki's (or Othero's) mysterious double shuriken blocker is more copycat, less two ninja's. I again don't think we've seen that tonight on anything else. Though unless our SK is Ayano and they both blocked night 0 and killed last night. Reading back, Lehki alluded to be acted on, but did not reveal it. Was revealing it now to make sure town doesn't make a mistake in writing off Othero too quickly, or a way to quickly discredit Othero that we are unable to disprove? 

For what it's worth, not writing off Othero too quickly is why I choose to bring it up. And I'm also leaning back towards it being a copycat power since there was no shuriken block tonight.

That also makes me suspect that the second kill tonight might possibly also be a copycat since both of Tark and Phoebus died in the exact same manner. But the implications of that are kind of weird when I think about it.
    Ayano was written ambiguously enough I'm willing to see them as third party.

My current theory? Ayano is a ninja exactly like Phoebus except a serial killer. Can choose to roleblock or kill at night. Explains the lack of shuriken today.
    Daraius said:
  • So like:
    Phoebus targets Lehki
    Copycat copies Phoebus' power and targets Othero
    Result: Lehki and Othero blocked.

Then
    Phoebus targets Yomoigu
    Copycat copies Phoebus and targets Phoebus
    Result: Yomoigu and Phoebus die.

I agree that sounds weird, but amusing if true.
    I mean this isn't too unusual, we already know two ninja roles are in play thanks to Phoebus's flip. Copycat seems like overcomplicating the information we have.
    Daraius said:
  • (posted in response to Lehki, delayed because it took a few minutes to get my head round it!)
  • I agree, copycat sounds random and confusing.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dys said:
    I agree, copycat sounds random and confusing.

You act like Vivet isn't know to be devious enough to be random and confusing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I don't know half these roles but I can believe it. I'd guess Mafia might have some powerful abilities given the potential of Yomoigu's dead talk for getting us information from beyond.
  • We likely have powerful abilities on town too. 

The person I'm most confident is town at the moment is Arix.

I -think- I may believe Shaddus and may know his role, which would also vouch for Sylandra. (I was wrong about Tremula though, so I may be mis-reading this as well).

Kistan's still in the clear for now as far as I'm concerned, and I think I'm pretty clear.

That leaves 8 of you left that we don't know a lot about and if we're correct in the above townness assumptions, that gives us a 50% chance of lynching a bad dude.