Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Kalikai and @Kistan, I've already stated it was a simple mistake. I work 15 hours a day in front of a computer screen explaining the basic concepts of technology to very rude people in the field of insurance. The time of my posting was approximately midnight when I wake up at 8. It's not so much that I'm incapable of understanding the rules, but that I was frazzled at the time and asking for clarification. I thought the way the game setup went: You vote until day's end, and then whoever has simple majority gets lynched, only a supermajority can end the game phase. I asked for clarification and received it, and then was unfortunate enough to find out that someone in the game has a power dealing with supermajority.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • A simple majority can end the dayphase if the person being lynched only requires that....

If someone requires a supermajority, it won't end when their vote count reaches a simple majority, only when it reaches a supermajority.

We can test this out by lynching someone with a simple majority!
    We COULD test that out, but seeing as it's been clearly shown by lynching Tarkenton yesterday, simple majority does lynch people. No need for further testing, and I'm wondering how you could forget that we had already lynched someone.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Dys said:
    Silvanus said:
    I guess in the interest of sharing things that town can benefit from, the reason my role doesn't have another name is because I am an animal, though it does mention elves.
    You're a talking animal? Ha, that's awesome!

Why are you at the inn?
    The Inn is next to my home, the forests around the town and in the valley. Generally these types of shenanigans attracts many different types of visitors that go through my home to get to town. 

I am not sure I understand the Tremula suspicion, he was okay day one but now on day two it is not okay? I'm fine with lynching for a mistake because there isn't that many options. 

I'm still not convinced on Othero, no one else claimed to be turned invisible. Yeah it's not much and my vote isn't final, but I don't see how Phoebus death alleviates suspicion on Othero.

Also it's a copy cat. Two ninja blockers. Two deaths with the exact same death scenes. That's not a coincidence.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Interesting retort.

Tarkenton was lynched due to mob mentality by having the most votes when the day ran out. You can clearly go back and see that he had only 7 of the required 9 votes when the day ended, and thus the mob lynched him. So no, we haven't tested it out, but you've given me further reason to want to.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hm I'll go for Vote Tremula as well only because the train is being led by two people who currently I don't think are mafia-aligned. The majority business is something I don't care about so much and I doubt we will accomplish it honestly but hey if people want to explore that angle I'm game.

(Also still not buying copycat yet but willing to pay attention moving forward.)

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tarkenton was a victim of mob mentality, Kalikai is correct

• Eldanien's plot sounds like it fell out of a bad spy movie. At first I thought it reminded me of the Maeve bluff but it wasn't as off the wall with power claims that didn't make any sense so my feeling is he's legit and was just trying to be aggressive. Which, given what I'm guessing about powers, this is the game to play aggressive in for some roles.

I don't understand what's going on with his power and Sylandra, though. It sounds like he assumed the flavor message would appear a certain way to Sylandra, and when it didn't he drew another assumption? 

Ultimately I think it amounts to a confusing distraction for the town.

I don't understand why Othero offering up the information that he was turned invisible makes him a suspect. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I was going to say Silvanus is my choice if we're just going to throw a dart at a dart board because I find his accusation towards Othero odd. Then I remembered Silvanus just plays aggressive and it's entirely normal. 

SO

I say that to say I have no idea.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Kalikai do you think Tremula also needs a super majority to lynch? Otherwise I'm not really following what you want to test.
  • @Tremula, for me there is so little to go on for this day. Everything seems to have been neatly solved. I think there is your bad luck and Eldanien's stroke of good fortune, which seems to have given him a reprieve. Sadly all that remains is bad luck in the absence of anything else. Give me a reason to look at another.
  • Lehki said:
    Kalikai do you think Tremula also needs a super majority to lynch? Otherwise I'm not really following what you want to test.

I do not believe she has a supermajority, it's more that she's under the impression because someone does have a supermajority power that the day will not end until a supermajority is reached. The test is if the day ends on a simple majority, which is contrary to her views. My desire to test is more facetious than anything else.
    Better question: if you don't want to lynch Tremula, then who are you gunning for?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Tremula could just say he isn't mafia, give any truth checkers something to check. I believe @Sylandra also commented on someone checking her, but the post offered for checking wasn't really helpful for such
  • oh, I do want to lynch Tremula at this point, the "misunderstanding" with the supermajority and then the poor attempt to deflect my facetiousness is what's keeping my vote there. 
    Arix said:
    @Tremula could just say he isn't mafia, give any truth checkers something to check. I believe @Sylandra also commented on someone checking her, but the post offered for checking wasn't really helpful for such
    (I'm gonna say one person truth checked as Town is enough for today as I worry about you burning your power up asap.)
    Daraius said:
    I'm not sure how many uses his lie checker has, but if he has more uses for each day phase he should use. He will have a bullseye on him from here on out.

I win with GAH and its allies.

To the Othero question: my intention was to interject some kind of counter argument for some other person in play today, my suspicion around Othero was more around his laying low rather than the unchecked invisibility. We have a limited time in the day and the Eldanien point was a deadend, we had to move forward with someone.

I will move forward on a Tremula lynch, that is a far better play than any option presented. However I really don't care about the supermajority argument or willing to test, right now Tremula is a goner anyways unless other options present themselves.

I believe it is about 24 hours from this post (or 25 hours) until Tremula is dead.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    To confirm exactly: 25.5 hours to go.
    I do not, nor will I ever, win with the mafia.

Unfortunately I am a third party, but it's because the GAH laughed me off every time I attempted to join. Since they're here, I decided this would be a good time to prove my worth, game lore-wise.

• Who is it that always says vote off third party? Celina?
    Yep that is a Celina thing, this time probably right call if you believe no copycat.

I lean towards serial killer more likely than mafia for Tremula, but we will see by tomorrow.

Unvote
    Vote Tremula
    I'd really rather not claim for the reason that my power is a strong town tool, especially if there's a janitor present. Of course, I'd like to about a lynch before I get a chance to claim or get to my keyboard.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Vote Count

Lehki <- Weiwae (1)
    Tremula <- Kalikai, Kistan, Sylandra, Silvanus (4)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Avoid a lynch, sorry. Mobile.

Honestly I feel it would be pretty hard to avoid a lynch at this point, you are not town and someone has to be lynched.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vote: Tremula

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Sorry, you're either with us or against us :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Tremula, are you Ayano? 
  • If like to see a claim from Tremula before we lynch.