Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Your not the first person to do that
  • Quick update especially for my fellow guildies and Hallifaxians. I haven't been around as much as I'd like, doesn't help that summer is my busiest time for work, but I should be getting on track soon enough. Can always message me if you need something or have ideas, though!
  • Worked really hard on formatting something for a scroll IG...only to cp it over and have the lines too long, so I had to edit it :( TOOK FOREVER.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    TIL @Orventa keeps her heart box in her furry chest.

No context forthcoming.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hi everyone!

Did the healing rework ever go through or any news on that..?
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    Hi everyone!

Did the healing rework ever go through or any news on that..?
    The healing rework is already implemented. Check it out!
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • I must fight the urge to drop another good sum of money on lusternia when I don't log in enough to justify it .-.
  • You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in colorful flowers, which sprays glittering silver dust and 
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 6552 aethergoop.
    You've unwrapped an ULTIMATE present! (Your Gift Counter has been reset.)

#raging
  • Does mmf work with the healing overhaul? (Can I set it to use healing again and very bad things won't happen?)
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    Does mmf work with the healing overhaul? (Can I set it to use healing again and very bad things won't happen?)
    As long as you are updated to the latest version it should have no trouble.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Versalean said:
    You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in colorful flowers, which sprays glittering silver dust and 
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 6552 aethergoop.

#raging
    Why? That's like 163 credits
  • Yasei said:
    Versalean said:
    You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in colorful flowers, which sprays glittering silver dust and 

#raging
    Ultimate presents are suppose to have a value of around 300 to about 500 credits (Although goop is valued at 20 credits per, so the system thinks this is about 330credits worth). Ultimate presents also reset your counter (so you get standard ones more often.). Such a small goop amount, if you don't use goop yourself, is kinda insulting for an ultimate present.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Yasei said:
    Versalean said:

#raging
    Ultimate presents are suppose to have a value of around 300 to about 500 credits (Although goop is valued at 20 credits per, so the system thinks this is about 330credits worth). Ultimate presents also reset your counter (so you get standard ones more often.). Such a small goop amount, if you don't use goop yourself, is kinda insulting for an ultimate present.
    QFT. I would have taken an Exceptional over this any day of the week.
  • Lusternia.
    Lusternia has has 9 letters.
    There were originally 3 orgs.
    9/3=3
    There are three sides on a triangle.
    Illuminati confirmed.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    Versalean said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Yasei said:
    Versalean said:

#raging
    QFT. I would have taken an Exceptional over this any day of the week.
    Except you are working off trade/open market values.  Aethergoop at a mechanical level is meant to be the equivalent of 1 credit = 20 goop.  Artifacts that cost 300 credits sell on the Artifact shop for 6000 goop, 500 credits = 10,000 goop and so on.  Supply and demand =/= mechanical conversion values set by divinity.  That would be like if dingbats were selling at 2db:1cr on the open market then complaining you only got 150 credits value because you happened to get 300 dingbats.

At 6552, you got 327.6 credits worth of goop, which is in line with intended ratios.
    <br>55 Binoculars of Mystic Sight Miscellane 250cr 5000ag <br>56 The Tear of Shallah Combat &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;1150cr 23000ag <br>57 An alchemist's pocketwatch Combat &nbsp; &nbsp; 150cr 3000ag <br>59 A dose of zimoru reagent Miscellane &nbsp; &nbsp; 3cr 60ag <br>60 A viridian poisoner's charm Combat &nbsp; &nbsp;250cr 5000ag <br>61 A Key to the Gate Utility &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 775cr 15500ag <br> 
    Take any of the items that I have listed as examples, divide the goop cost by the credit costs, it will invariably equal 20. The Divinity have little control over supply and demand vs what was originally mechanical intention, beyond introducing more goop artifacts into the market.

THAT being said... yes, the market either needs more goop artifacts (particularly skins for existing ones that are not already available), or goop should be taken out, as there is only a certain number of artifacts that people will be interested in.  I have an alt that would love to get a goop tattoo needle, but due to the lack of one already existing, I am forced to spend the credits on one, then 2000 goop to reskin it in hope that others will then buy it, giving me my goop back, which is counterproductive and a gamble at best.  Keep in mind that certain artifacts have city-themed goop skins, but not others (such as the spatula, bookbinders quill, gloves of harvesting and Gloves of Mastery)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
     I am forced to spend the credits on one, then 2000 goop to reskin it in hope that others will then buy it, giving me my goop back

Technically you dont have to buy it for credits. You design the skin, give 2k goop and the design to a friend/anyone who has the needle, they submit it and you then buy it with 100% goop.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    You still need an extra 2000 goop on top of the cost as an immediate investment until such a time as enough people buy it to recoup your costs.  The Spatula, spoon, bookbinders quill, gloves of harvesting and gloves of mastery all have pre-existing, non-player-created skins that mean that they do not need to make such an investment, they can buy it right away purely using aethergoop.  They can just buy one of the city/commune skins, and then, if they choose to do so, pay an extra 2000 goop to skin that, but it is not required just to get the initial artifact using goop.

In any case, from what Ianir told me, due to mechanical restrictions and higher priorities, it looks like the only options are that, or wait until the workload eases up enough for more goop items to be released.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Yea apparently it would be super complicated to make it that way I mean paying 2k goop for to make a non goop item goop doesnt seem too bad. Especially if you have a lot of goop.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The solution here is to write up some custom descriptions, find someone with the base artifact, and then crowdsource the 2k investment goop across people who are interested in buying the artifact with that skin imo.  Far better than waiting for an overworked admin to maybe someday write a skin for the artifact you want (a day which might never come, there are a lot of artifacts and a lot of other pressing priorities, the entire reason for this system being the way it is is to allow players to decide what they want to goopify and share their creativity).
  • Xenthos said:
    The solution here is to write up some custom descriptions, find someone with the base artifact, and then crowdsource the 2k investment goop across people who are interested in buying the artifact with that skin imo.  Far better than waiting for an overworked admin to maybe someday write a skin for the artifact you want (a day which might never come, there are a lot of artifacts and a lot of other pressing priorities, the entire reason for this system being the way it is is to allow players to decide what they want to goopify and share their creativity).
    Hey yeah, you could do it like how Flight Rising does their custom dragon skins, start a thread with a goop skin shop, sign up list, and ping people when the skin is ready. Not sure how you'd do text previews though..

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Don't know how Flight Rising does things, but what do you mean by a "text preview"?  Wouldn't a person just post their proposed description, and if people are willing to chip in a combined 2k goop to make it happen then continue on to the submission?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yasei said:
    Lusternia.
    Lusternia has has 9 letters.
    There were originally 3 orgs.
    9/3=3
    There are three sides on a triangle.
    Illuminati confirmed.
    I thought it was Half-Life 3 confirmed?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited July 2017
    Xenthos said:
    Don't know how Flight Rising does things, but what do you mean by a "text preview"?  Wouldn't a person just post their proposed description, and if people are willing to chip in a combined 2k goop to make it happen then continue on to the submission?
    Yeah, with Flight Rising, it's a picture (example of a sales thread) instead of text is all. Some people might get worried over plagiarism. Pictures you can watermark, text not so much. 

Maybe if it's worded like:

Interest check: Who wants a
    'greasy pewter spoon'
    Post interest below.
    Goop Deposit required (blah blah)
    Serious Offers Only.

My tweet:

Yay for mead being approved. 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I don't think you'd need to worry about previews/plagiarism, here. Posting the entire thing would be fine; if someone submitted a proposed goop skin from the forums without the writer's permission, people would know, and I can't imagine it would work out too well for the thief. I have enough faith in our community that I don't think anyone would try something like that anyway, but even if it did happen, I doubt people would let them get away with it.
  • Thief? Isn't the best they could possibly hope for to anonymously break even (i.e. get their 2000 goop investment back)? I would not call that thievery, I would thank the benevolent soul that risked their 2000 goop to submit a skin they will get no acknowledgement for :)
  • Xenthos said:
    Goop Fund Me.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited July 2017
    Ejderha said:
    Thief? Isn't the best they could possibly hope for to anonymously break even (i.e. get their 2000 goop investment back)? I would not call that thievery, I would thank the benevolent soul that risked their 2000 goop to submit a skin they will get no acknowledgement for :)
    By thief/stealing, I mean submitting it without saying "hey, I'll do it!" and getting a "great, that'd be awesome!" from the writer. Kinda just doing it without asking first would be weird and a little bit sketchy. But mostly I just brought it up because of the whole preview parallel that was being made to Flight Rising. I don't think the same issue exists here.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I haven't been able to log on for a few weeks because of Issues, and finally did this morning. A long string of heart-breaking messages later and I lose it at this one. 

Message #4018 sent by (system) (received: 2017/07/09 15:52:01)
    A sandstone wyvern with armoured wings of iron spikes has permanently died.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.