Mafia Signup Thread!

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'll bite, what's JoJo?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Tremula - oh man, I love Mercedes Lackey. Found the Arrows of the Queen trilogy at a library book sale when I was like 13 and got hooked. Such a forward-looking, empowering type of fantasy for its time. I vote that!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:
    I'll bite, what's JoJo?

• Hey guys I heard someone mention JoJo.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    How far are you on progress, @Luce? If everyone else is busy, I might actually be able to assemble a new game concept in a few days. Already half done or so.
  • edited February 2017
    Oooh. Jojo! 

I'm not sure her one song is enough for a mafia game. Roles can be uhh...JoJo. Guy with skateboard. Guy with guitar. Girl with bitch face. 

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Vivet said:
    How far are you on progress, @Luce? If everyone else is busy, I might actually be able to assemble a new game concept in a few days. Already half done or so.
    That depends on how much 'balance' you want. As it stands (heh) I've got a lot of chaos, but no idea how well it can be pulled off.
    Luce said:
    Vivet said:
    That depends on how much 'balance' you want. As it stands (heh) I've got a lot of chaos, but no idea how well it can be pulled off.
    I'd have a number of experimental elements myself, so there may be issues of balance either way.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Have we had an Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia yet? I've been gone for a while. If we haven't, I might like to make one. :smile:
    50% done with this new game I'm churning out. With some luck I'll have it done before Silvanus' game is ready to go, then it'll be in the wings whenever there's an opening.
    Hey @Shaddus, can you add me to the list for an Avatar: The Last Airbender game? I have the roles set up already. Just finished.
    @Selenity Let me know if you're not going to start signups, else you can go ahead.
    Vivet said:
    @Selenity Let me know if you're not going to start signups, else you can go ahead.
    I will in like 10 to 12 hours. It's bed time here.
    @Vivet - Done. Also have @Silvanus on the list automatically unless he decides otherwise. 
  • Is this still the place where we express interest in moderating a mafia game?
    It is indeed! :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • In that case, I have been reading up on mafia game design and would love to put a Fallen London game on the list.
    Zitto said:
    In that case, I have been reading up on mafia game design and would love to put a Fallen London game on the list.
    ! That's a name I haven't heard in quite some time!
    Daraius said:
    ( @Irillia, if you can't tell from all the likes on your post, you have piqued interest )

---

I'm waiting to see how people like the ATLA game. If they like it enough, maybe I will do a Korra game.
    @Irillia If Avatar does fall through, would you have a game planned out yet? If not, I can probably have my set up repolished and ready in a few days.
  • edited May 2017
    Vivet said:
    @Irillia If Avatar does fall through, would you have a game planned out yet? If not, I can probably have my set up repolished and ready in a few days.
    I do have my game planned out, as the Pick Your Power format takes comparatively little work to roll out. However, I'd be happy to defer to you in hosting order, considering that you've had your game concept ready since February, if you would rather go first.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
    Would appreciate it. Coincidentally, I had a sort of plurality lynch system planned too, so you'll get to see how that aspect pans out either way.
  • edited May 2017
    Not a problem! I am a big fan of plurality lynches, because there I feel like people more often vote with their hearts (as opposed to the "Oh, I'll vote for Player X so that we can see a lynch" or "I'll move my vote off Player Y to avoid the majority for now" phenomena that happens more commonly in majority lynches). If people are voting with their hearts, then you can analyze voting patterns, which means more information to work with (and/or for the mafia to mislead the town with). The more that all players, town or mafia, have to work with, the more active and interesting the game is, I feel.

But I digress. If Avatar does get called, please go ahead, @Vivet. I look forward to following your game.
    *quietly brews other mafia game ideas while she sits in queue*
    Daraius said:
  • I would like to add myself to the queue at some point!
    You might be able to go ahead, actually, or @Irillia if she's got the time right now.
  • If noone else is ready, I could be ready by next week. The rest of this week and this weekend is busy for me though. If noone else starts up by Monday, I'll give it a go.
  • edited June 2017
    My setup is definitely ready and I have time to host, although I thought I'd wait a few days to give people a short break from mafia before starting sign-ups.

Edit: On second thought, my compassion is giving way before eagerness, and I do think I want to start sign-ups now. I hope you don't mind waiting to run your games for a little while, Kalikai and Sylandra!