[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Oh, ok, it was Othero. Hey, 5 buddy. Thank you.
  • Sorry I'm a bit late here - I chose 2, 2 

I have to catch up in general, but I will say that I'm pro-lynch. Who to lynch though, no idea. 

I have to thank Othero for changing his vote otherwise, I'd have been even lower in the draft order!
  • Tarkenton said:
    Lookit my previous mafia history. I'm generally aggressive, it gets a rise out of people, and things start happening. It's that, or we all faff about waiting for the day to time out.

As for latching onto Phoebus, I'll admit that I paid half attention to the list when doing so. I looked at the first numbers, saw a 5 in a pack of 2's and 3's, and went "huh, something's not right here".

We've established something's not right, and that you "accidentally" posted the wrong numbers. See? Aggression that's brought information to light. Maybe there's something to the way I play after all.

##UNVOTE PHOEBUS

This is crazy conspiracy theory talk. "Sure I only half read what was going on but I brought -facts- into the light." Nothing wrong with being aggressive but you need to be able to do a basic logic puzzle for it to be useful aggression. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    1. Phoebus in middle of 2's and 3's as a 5.
    2. Interesting, let's poke and see where this takes us.
    3. Neat, information.
    4. I even admitted I was wrong.

But yeah, I can't do logic puzzles. Good ol' dumb Tark.
    Tarkenton said:
    1. Phoebus in middle of 2's and 3's as a 5.

Like I'm glad that you're off my case now, but it bugs me that you still don't understand how the draft works. I'm 11th even though I'm in "the middle of 2's and 3's as a 5" because I chose 11. I am therefore 11 regardless of what other people's failed numbers are doing, because a chosen number overrides reshuffling based on number conflicts. There was literally nothing weird about my place in the draft, even before Othero corrected himself, so if you could stop patting yourself on the back for chasing after nonsense, that'd be great.
  • Shame it wasn't that simple. Tark was right that something was wrong.

Er... I don't think that's right about the rules Phoebus!
  • I'm not going to keep on with this argument as I got my piece out. ##VOTE NOBODY
    Yeah, I think you're right about it not being right. I was annoyed!
    I like my interpretation of the rules because it makes sense to me and I'm going to stand by it forever no matter what ! ! 

No, I'm kidding. I was reading too much into a coincidence with the 11...I...think? Probably? I'll be honest with you, I still don't totally get it. It's just a million degrees in my room and I wanted to be mad. :D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I have absolutely no clue what everyone is doing, but ok.

The numbers I picked were 17 and 4.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah I picked up that Othero was also of place right after my last post but just didn't have time to go back and say something right away. I was not expecting to catch liars when I started with this line of thought, so glad we got that cleared up.

Looks we got pair of 2s, pair of 5s, and 3 3s. So it's likely that in each of those groups we'll find at most one mafia member. Something to consider down the line.

There, that was all I wanted to get out of that.
    Why would there be mafia members in pairs of conflicting numbers? I still don't entirely get the thought process on this, would appreciate an explanation.
    Phoebus said:

Oh god, seriously, if it was anything besides the fact that I got 11 because I was the only person who needed to use their second number where that second number was 11, I couldn't tell you. It took me about five read-throughs to make it through the entire draft explanation without my brain giving up. "I picked a number -> I ended up with that number" is the only explanation that I can even begin to consider.

Your position as number 11 is coincidental. You picked 11, and with no conflicts, and the other secondary numbers picked ahead of you, it's where you happened to fall.

I also made a mistake in reading the rules. I somehow managed to read that the same number pickers were only fighting it out within their same number group, not with all same number pickers. My mistake there. I apologize for that, but in your own words: 

Phoebus said:
     it bugs me that you still don't understand how the draft works.
    As for Lehki's idea about finding Mafia members, it's likely that they wouldn't all pick the same first or second numbers because they had their chat during the draft process. So Mafia members are either the solo number picks, or they're one of the same number picks. If a Mafia member is eliminated from the 3's group, then it's fairly likely the other 3's aren't Mafia.
  • It's that there probably isn't more than one in conflicting pairs. So zero to one mafia in each group, because it's not likely they'd give up the chance for better powers just to set up a truck.
  • Set up a trick, not a truck...
  • What Dys said, yeah.
    Tarkenton said:

Phoebus said:
     it bugs me that you still don't understand how the draft works.
    Haha, yeah! I really set myself up for that one, didn't I.  o:) 
    All in good fun. Now let's focus on Kalikai!

jk. If anyone's got any bright ideas, I'm all ears.
  • I didn't even really look at the draft rules beyond "pick two numbers". My choice was entirely a joke about lucky numbers
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    People who are vanilla probably shouldn't say what roles they were gunning for unless circumstance firmly presses them to do it. It provides too much early info, especially if they're high up on the draft list. The very fact that they will reveal as vanilla in due time will inform us that the likely contested roles are still active, and makes it too easy for mafia to try to change around to targetting power roles.

I think someone brought this up in passing earlier and it was worth putting my own two cents in about how those tidbits should be handled.

• I'm just going to push that we have 48 hours left. That goes by quickly. More people should be talking and saying is they want to lynch or no lynch on day 1. If we do decide to no lynch we might want to just run out the day to maximize conversation. 
  • Haven't seen anything overtly scummy, just a lot of somewhat confusing chatter about the draft system

Hey, I larched onto the only maybe toe hold I could find and got told to simmer down. Someone else go be the goat for a while.
  • Ok, one thing I think we should think about is who would take what role. The mafia had a chance to talk so I expect that they could take roles that synergize together. For example,  I 100% expect bad Santa to be taken by the mafia to increase their kills. I'd also expect them to take godfather so that they can avoid being caught by investigation. Maybe they took one of the detectives to block town.  Detectives would also be good ones for the SK so that they could keep people off of their trail.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am glad we cleared up the voting, that was really the only thing that I had to go on. I am okay with a no lynch, and do prefer that over lynching a town. 

Looking at th draft order and what roles fell where will be important later in the game, but right now the information would only help the mafia on who to target. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Depending on who got what roles, night could be a bloodbath. CPR doctor would be crazy good for mafia too.

If I pick a random lynch there's 69% chance of hitting town. (Assuming 3 mafia + serial killer, that's 14-3-1=10 town, then excluding myself from the 14 players, that's 9/13 town). Hmm.

• See, I look at it the other way, there is a 4/13 chance of getting scum vs 0/13 chance  if we don't lynch anybody.

I know the player that receives the most votes gets lynched at the end of the phase, but are we playing the same rules as Vivet's last game? If we have more 'no lynch' votes than lynch votes, will we not lynch someone? Or will it prefer to lynch over not lynching?

##Vote: Shaddus

Lurking less than I have.

• If the "no lynch" option receives the most votes at the end of the Day, then there will not be a lynch. (I had to think about this for a while because I haven't seen it happen very often!)
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Thanks for the clarification!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes but you also speed up the rate that town loses by taking a chance on a random lynch. Just by assuming one town dies tonight, our odds of lynching scum increase tomorrow. 

Town has a very limited number of mistakes, any mistake we make increases the chance of scum victory, and today is our greatest chance of making a mistake. 

I am not advocating ending the day right away, getting some information is possible day one. Or at least enough info to give you a gut feeling to follow up on.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.