Lusternia GUIs

I'm always curious what people's GUIs look like. Maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't see an actual thread about these. So, let's have it!
I'll start!

Hunting Information I haven't actually setup properly yet cause I'm lazy.

'People here' - Target's name is coloured red, everyone else is white.
Same for 'Denizens here'

Icons at the bottom from Left-Right / Top-Bottom. They turn white if they're off/disabled. Coloured as they are if on/enabled.
Balance / m&m
EQ / My basher/combat system

Rest is self-explanatory!
Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
Discord:    Rey#1460

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    if you ever release that as a package, I'd love to try it out!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Maybe some day! I was lazy with my attributes, so it's made specifically for 1920x1080 resolution.

• Woop woop.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You are alone here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    You are alone here.

• Could you upload those little thumbnails that you're using? I might want to make use of those :D<3
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • You can use http://game-icons.net/ to get little thumbnails like those.
  • large gif warning!

I just started writing a new gui this evening. The artwork is credited to the user Buch: https://opengameart.org/users/buch  I did do some tweaking on the images to make them work for me, changed colors, etc. So blame me, not them, if something looks bad!

Each bubble is to the nearest 5%, and the 21st bubble only lights up at 100% of the stat. 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Definitely want to try to get some semblence of a UI running at some point.  I know sweet-stuff-all about coding in Mudlet, so all this time I've largely been working with the default GUI setup.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I'm more impressed with the fact that you actually went to the effort of making a gif. 

• I really need to purrtify my GUI, but I'm worried about it getting laggy.

Has anyone else seemingly experienced GUI related lag? When I tried making a bunch of popups and such for my system it seemed to slow things down.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    I really need to purrtify my GUI, but I'm worried about it getting laggy.

Has anyone else seemingly experienced GUI related lag? When I tried making a bunch of popups and such for my system it seemed to slow things down.
    I use Rey's and I haven't noticed any lag related to it. I have lag from being on a crappy internet connection, though.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I never experienced lag from the GUIs I've used.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Ciaran
    The Geyser manual says the majority of overhead is during window creation and resizing events- like when you make a bunch of popups at once. I definitely notice a heavy delay when I load my profile but no speed issues afterwards. I updated my status bars to using show() and hide() instead of reloading background images to cut down on time/memory/flickering issues which I haven't yet encountered. I noticed no appreciable changes after my 'optimization.' (Additionally, my research to see if Geyser uses a double buffer has come up empty handed.)

AFAIK, the best practice is to load and draw everything you need at once, like when you load your profile, and then to hide() what you don't want visible.

It's a pain making skins in an image editor and then dealing with your computer's weird resolution, but I reckon it's faster in the long run to use a static image where possible than to draw every individual piece you need using the API.