General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    One of my friends (who is due to become a father in just 10 days) had an incredibly close brush with death recently :(

C/P'd his post:

"About a foot from death....

Yep, that was me about 15 minutes ago. Can I ask that everyone out there PLEASE get off your phones while you are driving! I was walking across the cross walk, as I do all the time. NOT looking down at a freakin phone!

I looked to the left, no cars in first lane, and one big black truck about 100 feet back, plenty of time to stop. So I start crossing. Just as I am about to step into the second lane, I sense something not right, so I slow down. Thank God!!! That Jackwagon in the black truck zips right in front of me, barely missing me, and I watch as he does not even slow down and narrowly misses another guy across the street. If I had been on my phone I would be dead right now.

I am going to be a daddy for the first time in a couple weeks and I would like to see my baby and raise a family with my beautiful wife. A dumbass behind the wheel is not on my bucket list. So be aware on both sides. Get off your stupid phones while you are doing other things. It just might save your life."

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Sweeeeeet on top of being HIV+ I was also diagnosed with tachycardia ... it's like the fun doesn't stop 
  • Annick said:
    Sweeeeeet on top of being HIV+ I was also diagnosed with tachycardia ... it's like the fun doesn't stop 
    ouch!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Bugs in my luggage. Buggage. :( I feel disturbed and itchy now.
  • Somebody slashed my bike tires. =/
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I need a vacation. I have too much work to do to go on vacation. I need a vacation from having too much work. #CueViciousCycle

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• My laptop refuses to stay connected to Wi-Fi for more than 10 minutes at a time, making doing much of anything impossible. Luckily my work computer is unaffected, so I'll at least keep getting paid.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2017
    I saw a trailer for the live action Fullmetal Alchemist adaptation and it saddened me deeply. I can't in good conscience include a link here.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2017
    Daraius said:
    I saw a trailer for the live action Fullmetal Alchemist adaptation and it saddened me deeply. I can't in good conscience include a link here.

We're probably going to have to pay an arm and a leg to see the movie.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited July 2017
    Daraius said:
    Definitely looking forward to it and planning to see it.

• edited July 2017
    I've been trying to DL Inkscape with no luck because something is borked and I dont know what!
  • Ordassa said:
    I've been trying to DL Inkscape with no luck because something is borked and I dont know what!
    Oh no, hope it resolves itself! That's an awesome program.
  • Kerith said:
    Ordassa said:
    Oh no, hope it resolves itself! That's an awesome program.
    I gave up & torrented gimp instead. it works
    Every year when my birthday rolls around (which is on the 19th), it is always kind of bittersweet, as I can't help but remember my father.

He took his own life 2 days before my 13th birthday, some 22 years ago now.   As a result, every year I can't help but think of him and wish that he hadn't been taken when I was still so young.

Miss you, dad...

• @Kagato So sorry :(
  • I have nothing but pure hatred for Jira, or at least my company's deployment of Jira. It's slow as molasses! And I think my company stuck it on the tiniest server ever, because it crashes all the time.

• I have nothing but love for the Atlassian ecosystem, but it's definitely polarizing. Many of my colleagues would prefer anything but.
  • Rancoura said:
    RIP Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Too young, man. Too young.
    Yeah. There goes another important musician from my youth :(
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Mosquito bites :(
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Laptop is in the f*cking automatic repair death spiral AGAIN.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2017
    just noodling around for reference photos ...when I run into dick & ass & boob pics everywhere. SHEESH!

Ain't nobody goanna use your -tiny- vienna sausage, boy! (hold up your thumb & index an inch a part...to get the idea) Put that away, & snap useful pics of you doing everyday things. It will impress people far better than the 50 shades of sausage from all angles you've put on display. Keyword used? MEN. *Tableflip*

The whole time I was scrolling while facepalming. All I needed was a dude standing. I mean seriously? Human sexuality is a weird beast. /end rant
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So I work a lot. My wife, who is a stay at home mother/wife, gets less days off than I do. I've had two days in the last two months. Usually, when first shift calls in, I get called in early to fill in. Mr Dependable :/

Last week, wife asked if she could go to a scrapbooking crop(sp?), and they only happen once every few months. I asked my boss if I could have Saturday off. He replies that this is the last weekend of the month, and he couldn't let me off. Friday, he comes in and assigns me a laundry list of work to do, so that first shift "could go home early Saturday, and then maybe you can have extra hours". So I call in Saturday, and tell the voicemail that "I can't leave the house, my horribly naked wife has me pinned to the bed and won't let me get away."

Apparently call-ins are recorded and go to email, and these emails are sent to 15 different people in the office, some of which are female. Guess who just got wrote up at work for sexually harassing the entire office?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Party bus + house party + bar = expensive phone repairs
  • Haven't taken math since trig my senior year of high school in ####. So have to take math placement test. Needed a 61 to take the only math course for my degree and got a 60. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am convinced the DMV is a soul sucking time vortex.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Strangely, I have never really had a bad experience at the DMV.  Everything I hear preps me for the worst and then I am pleasantly surprised.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited August 2017
    Service is generally not bad, I'll say. I'm just grumpy because I've been hanging out a few hours here now and I'm getting hungry, haha. I thought I'd be done in time for lunch!

I also found myself circling the parking lot for a long time before I could even go in. Place is packed today!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Texas DMV added this online checkin thing. So you can wait for hours at home and they text when your number is coming up. BEST THING EVER.