QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Yasei said:
    Nightmare of the Serenwilde, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "I am Ur'Father."
    SIGH...
  • Better than "Who's Ur'Daddy?"
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    When you try to FAMILY RELATION one of the divinity:

If you honestly think you are related to an immortal, I'll sell you some lovely land in the Balach Swamp.

Also if you try to FAMILY RELATION yourself:

Uh, you can say you are related to yourself if you really want.

:P
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    When I try to FAMILY RELATION myself I get told: "You may be your own grandfather.  Who knows?"
  • Tirahble. Just Tirahble

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    In her defense, that wouldn't be any more distracting going through the aetherplex than Gerogeddon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • **********************[ THE GRAND DOMINION OF MAGNAGORA ]**********************
    Citizen         Class           Rank              Position             CT  OffP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Balor(Inf)      Geomancer       Serf                                   On    No
    Zekken(Inf)     Ur'guard        Serf                                   On   Yes
    Kistan(Goon)    Minstrel     (h)Serf              City Aide            On    No
    Arix(Soc)       Geomancer       Serf              City Aide            On    No
    *******************************************************************************
    1 from Goonsquad, 2 from Infernals and 1 from Society are on visible planes.
    2 Geomancers, 1 Minstrel and 1 Ur'guard present, of those 1 is a demigod/ascendant.
    Currently, there are 4 Citizens on visible Planes and 2 on other Planes.

SERF CITY, HERE WE COME!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    thought I heard rumours that the Goons were infiltrating Magnagora...

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

edited August 2017
    Yasei said:
    Nightmare of the Serenwilde, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "I am Ur'Father."
    @Vathael is the one and only true Ur'Father (Rest in peace...)

Also:

----[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]----------------------------( 2017/08/01 02:38:36 )----
      If there's anybody with the wonderbrazier up to bacon willing to test
      something, please send Ianir a quick tell.
    ----[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]----------------------------( 2017/08/01 02:39:20 )----
      ... One, got somebody. Two, beacon.

Awwww... was reconsidering getting crystals for a moment there... (ok maybe not, can't really afford the cash this month)

Wait, the brazier makes bacon? Sign me up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I saved most of the contest for your disgust and/or pleasure. There were some later entries but I didn't save them.

------------------
    The divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly reverberates powerfully, "I find Myself to be bored. As usual. I propose a pun contest."

Songbirds throughout the Basin raise their voice in harmony, echoing Half Enlightened Tremula, the Tilted Empress's mellifluous voice as it melodically reverberates, "Is this like the time You got tired of watching Sun chase Moon and decided to call it a day?"

Hearkener Elissata Silvermoon shouts, "We'll leaf the PUNishments for the Udders."

Chaplain of the Damned, Marcella n'Lochli, Black Fist of Urlach echoes, "The Shofangi guild wasn't dissolved. It just moved to the Caverns of the Hyfae. Now they call them the Shofungi."

Songbirds throughout the Basin raise their voice in harmony, echoing Half Enlightened Tremula, the Tilted Empress's mellifluous voice as it melodically reverberates, "They attempted to move into the caverns of Grandmother Scorpion, but found themselves in quite a pinch."

You shout, "If you want puns, Ianir, you should go to Tolborolla for them. Of course, they're very slow people there. You might ask for a pun tae'dae and get it tomorrow."

Aetakyla Ysav'rai shouts, "Leaf the fungi alone, they can't branch out or anything, cept spore ya to death."

Chaplain of the Damned, Marcella n'Lochli, Black Fist of Urlach echoes, "What do you call a Night-kissed Ebonguard wielding twin morphite blades? A Nighty Knight."

You shout, "I agree, friends. We must leave the fungi alone. There isn't mushroom down there for them as it is. Can't have crowding."

The divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly reverberates powerfully, "I was hoping for more skill in the punnery. Alas, I find Myself disappointed. A consolation prize to Portius, I suppose."

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2017
    I dunno man, Marcella was killing it there imo. In a good way.

• Some possible male elfen names:
     1. Perthon      11. Alaggannel   21. Colchad      31. Naurgannel
     2. Milmir       12. Lennel       22. Awarthtirn   32. Fainruin
     3. Lumion       13. Tirnlost     23. Galadhlam    33. Arodtor
     4. Elghan       14. Remgovain    24. Adangart     34. Bainaed
     5. Domghall     15. Elcalad      25. Rhosghim     35. Gaeris
     6. Thalaghall   16. Elmeren      26. Luinrant     36. Himthan
     7. Fearnall     17. Gwaththann   27. Donon        37. Narubara
     8. Griodem      18. Tinnugwest   28. Brannben     38. Narunur
     9. Naurgwarth   19. Golloresgal  29. Lagorgwath   39. Bellhin
    10. Baranrant    20. Tatharruth   30. Hithseron    40. Tugovain
  • I feel less bad for giggling now!
    beep
    A hunting trophy bearing Aramel's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Minkahmet's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Anelissa's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Anelissa's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Aeldra's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kendra's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Saz's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kendra's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Xeii's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Daebach's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kreon's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Falaeron's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kreon's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Daebach's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Minkahmet's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Sondayga's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Minkahmet's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Sondayga's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Nelras's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kreon's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Sondayga's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kreon's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Shedrin's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Daebach's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Kendra's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Sondayga's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Sondayga's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Caleb's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter. A hunting trophy bearing Sondayga's head is here, a grisly reminder of the power of a skillful hunter.
    Saw this when glancing from the fulcrux into @Thax's fulcrux.

Methinks someone needs a cabinet to store all those trophies in.  I'm a little surprised that having so many items sitting around doesn't cause issues in there (I still remember large numbers of trophies or staked heads causing issues in the past in other locales)

When Thax is feeling uppity or bored, He makes them talk to each other.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Shaddus said:
    When Thax is feeling uppity or bored, He makes them talk to each other.
    Logs or it doesn't happen.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Damn it, Mrak. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • But seriously, what DID you do?
  • Zenos didn't like me finding a way into the Climanti past when the portal was closed.
  • Mrak said:
    Zenos didn't like me finding a way into the Climanti past when the portal was closed.
    That also happens to you if you log in there.. x.x
    beep
    edited August 2017
    Been working on mending a few items repeatedly to lower their prestige lately, I think one piece has gotten as low as it can get, or close to it, negative-prestige-wise...

"a pathetic pouch"
    Even the most slovenly beggars would think twice before wearing this pathetic pouch.
    It has 29 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    It does not retain any heat whatsoever.

(For reference, their prestige is listed as "squalid")

Next one up seems to be:
    "a shabby satchel"
    This shabby satchel might once have been something to look at, but now it is becoming an eyesore.
    It has 35 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s)

(prestige is listed as squalid as well)

Tawdry items seem to be "tawdry" or "dingy" prestige.

• You drop a crying baby.
    A bloodroot baby snaps his head too look at a crying baby, his eyes wide and nostrils flaring. With surprising speed, he crawls over to a crying baby and rips into his soft flesh, shoving flesh and guts into his mouth until nothing remains.