Artifact Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Give one to trill, let people buy it, and then make a language for them. 

I mean, that's how dwarf emotes came about.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Give one to trill, let people buy it, and then make a language for them. 

I mean, that's how dwarf emotes came about.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • What about a reusable beast collar? 2500cr and can turn as many beasts as you have into collared beasts, non-transferable :P for people who have a lot of beasts and want to keep them forever :D
  • edited July 2017
    Allixea said:
    What about a reusable beast collar? 2500cr and can turn as many beasts as you have into collared beasts, non-transferable :P for people who have a lot of beasts and want to keep them forever :D
    I might pay that much if it had more than one ability/ was a combo (but likely not that much)

Mystical Branding Paint/Iron - Invisibly and painlessly brands each beast as yours
    +
    Grooming Kit - Removes your brand, so you can trade the beast to a new owner, works on collars too

Edit:

Other idea

Beast tamer's treats - Allows you to tame an animal to make it loyal to you, similar to ecology bonds/dog/wolf etc., can't use on named quest mobs. Can RELEASE to let it back to the wild.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't know that I'd pay that much for it, but it would at least be tempting; right now there is just Zero Point in me buying / acquiring any beasts because I already have Ilistala so any others would just be collection for the sake of giving myself upkeep headache.  With something like that I could build up a stable of "unique" pets just for fun.

Definitely not worth 2500 to me, but, there is merit to the idea even from the viewpoint of someone who doesn't actually collect beasts as-is.
  • edited July 2017
    Orventa said:
    Falaeron said:
    Orventa said:
    Ok, how about...

Earcuff of Elusion - Protects the user from having sight and thoughts stolen, tells (including crown artifact), and returns a random room when scried, including Window artifact
    No to the bolded part. Rest of it is ok.
    Hey, I think it be a good big ticket artie/auction artie, if that's what they're looking for. 
    I think this would be a great addition to general artifacts, beyond auctions.

AB ARTS SCULPTURES - 15% Fabled - With your mastery of statues, create sculpture installations.

With the use of a chisel and marble, create a sculpture of your own design that can be within all manner of environments. Can be destroyed like statues, do decay like paintings and can have runes attached in organizations only in substitution of statues.

Level of skill in Arts scales how long the sculpture will last.

NOTE: The sculpture will come out as "a sculpture of <title>."

AB ARTS REFORM - 20% Fabled - Repair your sculptures with more marble.

AB ARTS ENGRAVE - 25% Fabled - Engrave your sculptures with eternal artistry. Word count limit, variable gold sink.

AB ARTS CUPIES - 40% Mythical - Customise  blank figurines instead of making them look blank, no need for sketches. Cannot hold esteem, purely ornamental, transportable art pieces.

Tradeskill Artifacts:

A gleaming sculpting chisel - 150 credits - Decreases the eq for sculpture, figurine, and statue construction, decreases marble comm use for construction and upkeep.

A paint-splattered artist's brush - 50 credits - Decreases the comms for palettes and painting upkeeps, allows up to four paintings to reside on the easel.

A chaotic palette of paints - 50 credits - Permanent, non-decayable master palette.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Ixion said:
    I posted this idea years ago in a more basic form. Here's it is again!

A chain of skulls (Name item/type debatable. I had the Persian emissary's chain filled with skulls of kings from the movie 300 in mind)
    This artifact is effectively a phase-necklace for decapitated heads, similar to a keystone or sketchpad but for heads to keep track of who and how many you've collected! Style! Vanity! SKULLS!

SKULLCHAIN ADD <head> - Adds a head to the chain of skulls
    SKULLCHAIN REMOVE <head> - Removes a head from the chain of skulls (Warning: this destroys the head and removes it permanently)
    SKULLCHAIN RAISE - Shows a list of all the collected heads for all to see!

Once heads are added, they would have to be unusable for masks/other for balance reasons, so I put the remove syntax part to serve this purpose.

Bringing this back. Because I love this idea.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Xenthos said:
    I don't know that I'd pay that much for it, but it would at least be tempting; right now there is just Zero Point in me buying / acquiring any beasts because I already have Ilistala so any others would just be collection for the sake of giving myself upkeep headache.  With something like that I could build up a stable of "unique" pets just for fun.

Definitely not worth 2500 to me, but, there is merit to the idea even from the viewpoint of someone who doesn't actually collect beasts as-is.
    It's ten times the price of a single collar, could have eleven beasts and be in the green. As someone with like 17 non collared beasts I feel a need :P
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    Vatul said:

Tradeskill Artifacts:

A gleaming sculpting chisel - 150 credits - Decreases the eq for sculpture, figurine, and statue construction, decreases marble comm use for construction and upkeep.

A paint-splattered artist's brush - 50 credits - Decreases the comms for palettes and painting upkeeps, allows up to four paintings to reside on the easel.

A chaotic palette of paints - 50 credits - Permanent, non-decayable master palette.
    The existing paintbrush artifact already has similar effects, in that instead of halfing the comms needed, it simply triples the number of applications on the palette, while also doubling the amount of tints you make from raw materials.

If an artifact palette and/or the other brush you suggested was made available, it would have to be at least double the cost, or the paintbrush cost significantly reduced given that for a quarter of the price, it would largely render the golden paintbrush obsolete.  The only thing that would remain that would make the golden paintbrush unique compared to those two is that it halves the amount of paint needed to make landscapes or portraits.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2017
    Allixea said:
    Xenthos said:

It's ten times the price of a single collar, could have eleven beasts and be in the green. As someone with like 17 non collared beasts I feel a need :P
    Like I said, it wouldn't really be "in the green" for me since I'd be further in the green by just... not collecting them in the first place!  That's why it's not worth 2500 to me.  Obviously if you had a pile of beasts and were going to collar them all, it would be worth more to you.  Hence why I phrased it the way I did; there's merit to the idea even from someone who wouldn't get use from collars normally, but it does have a lower value to us because it's something we weren't going to invest in at all to begin with.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Pricing it at 10 beasts is unrealistic. How many people out there are even in the market of buying 10 collars? And I say this as someone who has a serious beast collecting problem. Beasts are my life, but no way in hell would I go buy 10 collars, let alone pay 2500cr to be able to collar as many as I wanted.

Kinda similar to the problem I have with the zimoru syringe, I've blown through sooo much zimoru in my time on Lusternia, but there's no way I'll ever buy that thing.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited July 2017
    Tbf, the problem with the zimoru syringe is that it's still only one use per month. I think if it was even 10 uses per month a lot more people would get one.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Falaeron said:
    Tbf, the problem with the zimoru syringe is that it's still only one use per month. I think if it was even 10 uses per month a lot more people would get one.
    Yeah, that was really the thing that killed any chance of me ever getting it, after the cost had already put me off of it. One zimoru at a time is just not how these things work.
  • A config autopay stable fees I think would be popular.

As long as you have gold in your bank it'll auto pay from there or something like that.

That way you can deposit a bunch of gold and go away for extended trips without having to log to stop your stuff dying.
  • They should have a beastmastery artefact that allows you to morph all your beasts into a single uberbeast, and to break it back down again whenever you like.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Lazy crafters dimensional pocket:

Allows you to buy commodities directly from your orgs commodity shop. Reason: I've just furnitured seven rooms and given the commodity cost of some things such as couches, I was always short -something-. Even with a booklet it's really time consuming to run back and forth to only realize you don't have something really basic ( such as wood or cloth ). Would probably be worth 75 credits to me.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    How about a beast miniaturizer? You can use it to zap a beast and essentially turn them into a dweller so that you can have spare beasts following you around. The beast in question must be at the stables at the time of zapping and resets like a dweller would. All beasts un-miniaturize when dismissed.
  • Kagato said:
    Vatul said:

Tradeskill Artifacts:

The existing paintbrush artifact already has similar effects, in that instead of halfing the comms needed, it simply triples the number of applications on the palette, while also doubling the amount of tints you make from raw materials.

If an artifact palette and/or the other brush you suggested was made available, it would have to be at least double the cost, or the paintbrush cost significantly reduced given that for a quarter of the price, it would largely render the golden paintbrush obsolete.  The only thing that would remain that would make the golden paintbrush unique compared to those two is that it halves the amount of paint needed to make landscapes or portraits.
    I wasn't sure of costs. But I would pay for it considering how much art I do. Regardless of the artifacts, do you seen any interest in the skills to add? Tagging @Malarious because I believe he is an envoy.
    hungering malice.
  • Couple of QoL things for druids;
    1)Sickle of Treeherder.
    WIELD SICKLE while using MULCH TREE for the following bennies:
    a)get one more lumber than you should
    b)sickle takes all lumber from the mulched tree and puts it straight into your inventory
    c)automatically replants a random tree of the appropriate type[hawthorne/hemlock/blackthorn for glom] if one isn't already planted.
    It would just make mass mulching easier basically.

2)Mulching Box:
    You can BOX [OPEN/CLOSE] to open or close. if open in your inventory any raw lumber put in inventory goes into box. When wanting to turn in lumber just give them the box and they  give you all the gold you should get for that much lumber[they box returns to your inventory either in one IG day or from you influencing them with charity].
    You can close the box if you don't want to use it, also you can remove lumber from the open box if you need to for any reason.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• So @Tylwyth, if you are not a druid.... allows MULCH TREE to always kill a tree in one shot?  Arty's for a class that does something not class specific usually add the class skill so it always has a use.

I didn't give any prices, cause I suck at valuing.

A Gnomish Battery  (dingbats, maybe levels)
    * Allows you to CHARGE it, moving power from your reserves to the battery.
    * Also allows DRAWing power from it. 
    * Loses 10%(?) power per month, as a balance from having large stores constantly).

So the Lucidian people can feel like they aren't wasting as much power. The astrallers can move power elsewhere. Potentially could allow this to work with the powershell, so you could drain power to it, put it in the shell, then link.

Self Winding Mechanism (Credits or dingbats)
    * Attaches to watches.
    * Maintains effects based on WIND on the item, think this is currently tempo, true time. 
    * Potentially allow this to automatically wind music boxes on login, or cause them to be permanently on until Disjunctioned, which causes it to stop for X seconds/minutes/till wound.

Convenience mostly. This could be an artisan item, but it seems on par with some of the cheaper items that give enchants. Alternatively, you could make Pocket Metronome (perma Tempo) and Gnomelex Watch (perma truetime). I just like items that have multiple uses, even if you have to pick how they are used.  For balance reasons, Gnomelex Watch should never reduce the delay beyond the inherent timer, aka, should not cause a stack.

Regearing Kit (Credits)
    * Similar to the new tattoo item or the glamrock.
    * Allows moving between enhancement sets. 
    * Uses balance to make the swap.  

Simplifies moving between combat and bashing, or varieties in bashing!

More to come, bwahahahahahaha.
  • No, due to the misuse/abuse of previous treechoppers, the sickle could be used to deliver nature curse[a druids basic attack] maybe.
    But If you want to mulch tree's classflex[a small group ruining it for everyone].

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ssaliss said:
    Greater Rune of Scrolls: Attaches to a scroll, making it permanent and doubling the charges. The latter isn't that impressive given the regulators, but still.

Skye said:
    Mark of anonymity: prevents an item from displaying somebody's "distinctive mark."

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    Tylwyth said:
    2)Mulching Box:
    You can BOX [OPEN/CLOSE] to open or close. if open in your inventory any raw lumber put in inventory goes into box. When wanting to turn in lumber just give them the box and they  give you all the gold you should get for that much lumber[they box returns to your inventory either in one IG day or from you influencing them with charity].
    You can close the box if you don't want to use it, also you can remove lumber from the open box if you need to for any reason.

The return function would be a little redundant, given that the ARTIFACT <artifactID> RESET <0-120min> command exists, allowing you to just ARTIFACT BOX RESET 0 to call it back to you immediately.  (also all artifacts inherently return after a set time, except kegs/cubes which can be set to not automatically return so they can sit in a shop)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I know, I was just clarifying that it wasn't a one use arty.

• Bumping these ideas for QoL and RP

Brewers funnel: allows cooks and brewmeisters to multiply/double liquids into kegs. Though it's nice to have skill's brew capability of 1-10, it's still difficult when you have limited amounts of a certain commodity (ie honeycomb, quest limited/specific comms etc.) to make large batches of a brew at a time (ie mead).

So if I brew 4 mead at a time, the funnel will give me 8 fills, or rarely, 12. Stacks with spectral cooking cup curio.

Queen Bee Honey Jar: Grants 10 honeycomb per hour. Can't be used in quests.

RP:

Org-themed aquarium, terrariums and aviaries that you could assemble and display in your manse: different animals (finches, tarantulas, scorpions, snakes, turtles, jellyfish, pygmy wyverns etc.)  and materials (branches, pebbles/gems, colored sand, tank toys, plants etc.) could gradually be released over time that you could swap and populate your menagerie with.

Certain animals could be wearable. 'A painted finch perches on her shoulder/head etc..' 'a temple snake coils around his wrist.' Custom ambients cost extra gold.

The LOOK of the habitat would change each time you looked at it. More appearances depending on how many different animals are in it.

A really fancy magical net
    You can CATCH pets with this net to trade them with others, must have an aquarium, terrarium or aviary
    You deftly sweep up your hermit crab and gently tuck it into its crate.

a rustling wooden crate contains:
    a really cute hermit crab
    POKE crate to add this to your terrarium
    TRADE crate to <player> for <bubble> GOLD|CREDITS|DINGBATS|GOOP

a glistening bubble contains:
    a regal lionfish
    POKE bubble to add this to your aquarium

a well-kept cage contains:
    a splendid duck-billed cherry-woofler
    POKE cage to add this to your aviary

Example:
    Murky water fills an iron-framed aquarium, in which swims a school of ravenous skeletal piranha. At the bottom of the tank, grasping tendrils of oil-slicked grass provide a frame for a bed of red sand.

Tap: As you tap an iron-framed aquarium, an eerie note fills the air, causing a school of ravenous skeletal piranha to dart towards the sound and snap angrily at your finger.

• Malarious said:

A Gnomish Battery  (dingbats, maybe levels)
    * Allows you to CHARGE it, moving power from your reserves to the battery.
    * Also allows DRAWing power from it. 
    * Loses 10%(?) power per month, as a balance from having large stores constantly).

So the Lucidian people can feel like they aren't wasting as much power. The astrallers can move power elsewhere. Potentially could allow this to work with the powershell, so you could drain power to it, put it in the shell, then link.
    My take would be:
    an Aetheric Battery
    * Allows you to CHARGE <#> ENERGY, taking from your reserves at a 50% loss (like Discipline EnergyLink)
    * Anyone possessing it can LINK BATTERY to draw power, at the same speed they would draw from a Nexus.
    * Could have a flat capacity (100? 300?) or tiered prices per capacity level.

I am dumping power on anyone I sort of like so I can link Astral. Would be cool to store some for those times an ally is short power in Domoth or whatever!
  • Anita said:
    Tae's Honey Pot / Tae's Secret Honeycomb Stash/ Tae's Secret Honey Stash/ The Hunny Pot / a pot o' honey / a portable beehive / whatever you want to put a name on it for

Works exactly like the flowerpot or candybox, but for honeycombs. Can only hold 6 at a time. Will last for 6 months.

• edited July 2017
    Anita said:
    Anita said:
    Tae's Honey Pot / Tae's Secret Honeycomb Stash/ Tae's Secret Honey Stash/ The Hunny Pot / a pot o' honey / a portable beehive / whatever you want to put a name on it for

Works exactly like the flowerpot or candybox, but for honeycombs. Can only hold 6 at a time. Will last for 6 months.

Needs more honeycomb, if I wanted only 4-5+ honeycomb I'd just keep camping etherwilde. More than 6 (10) is good >.>; 

Bumping these older ideas too:

Beauteous Bouquet - 250 CR

Upgrade to the flower pot to have custom flowers made, must email customisation. Up to 10 different types, can opt to only have one type populate it. 50 CR per type. Must supply: Short desc, Extended desc, Dropped, and Smell

Pot bellied camp stove: Portable stove that allows cooking anywhere.

Custom Manse Dweller Generator: You select the generator type, the dweller etc.

Gossamer Lead 25 Cr: Allows you to leash/anchor and unanchor your custom pet or loyal (non dweller) to a manse room or shopfront you own. They may reset to that room within an hour. If the shop changes ownership, the loyal will be reset to you.

Portable Pavillion: A Czigany pavillion you can set up or break down anywhere. Similar to hunters tents but permanent. Will not reset to you unless recalled.

Crumkane's Catering Table - This portable table applies a non-decay effect to any food and drink placed inside. When it is dropped by its owner, it will remain there, unable to be moved by anyone but its owner, for one IG day. Being moved resets the timer.

Florist's Ribbon: Allows you to make a bouquet, boutonniere, corsage, wreath, circlet, garland or lei out of flowers to give to friends. Bouquets can be TOSSed, will randomly land in someone's inventory (unless specified for a certain person) as long the person is in the room. Wreaths and garlands can be EXIBITted with Arts exhibit. All other types can be worn like normal flowers. (Types that can be used: Custom flowers (like Hallifax's crystal flowers), Rose, Lily, Poppy, Carnation, Freesias, Skybloom, Kouseki, Lotus, Orchid, Iris, Iceflower etc). Use: ARRANGE (flower) (bouquet/circlet/etc). Ex. ARRANGE (twilight blue rose) bouquet = A bouquet of twilight blue roses. or Arrange lavender skybloom boutonniere = A lavender skybloom boutonniere.  Or maybe just have 'flower' for the general use noun as a target?

Newish Idea

Friendship Bracelets: 15 cr One for you, one for your friend. These artifacts allow you to use the LASTLOGIN command on one of your mutual allies, letting you see how long ago they last logged in. They can use it on you too. You can Recall the second bracelet, and they can Bracelet Return to break the bond at any time.

• But the artifact is  your own personal supply in addition to the ones on Faethorn. Flowers/candies also last in the shops so the honeycombs could, too. Lots of honeycombs to go around!

Admittedly, if we could get 10/12 honeycombs in the Artifact that would be pretty great - I would pay for whatever I can get :smiley: