New Website!

For some time now (like 8 months!), we've been working on a new website and we are very pleased to announce that it is now active! Please check out www.lusternia.com. We’ve updated the entire look and feel which should be sleeker and easier to navigate around. Most especially, the new Portal page is an easy access interface to view in-game news, messages and logs (for all your characters).

As well, for you security-minded individuals, HTTPS has been propogated across all endpoints rather than just the main site - This includes the game wiki (wiki.lusternia.com) and our Irator API (api.lusternia.com).

Be sure to check out the history section, as all audiobooks of the histories have been remastered and reuploaded, and this does include several previously unreleased readings for the Vernal Wars, Aftermath, Chronicles of the Celestine Empire (all six parts), and the Coming of Estarra.Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to resolve the artisanal/bardic section and therefore are pausing these contests until further notice. Note that we will probably combine the bardic contest with the library contest and keep it all in-game. For those who submitted entries in June, we will go ahead and award winners but, again, we won't be accepting further entries at this time.

We hope you all enjoy the new changes, and will do our best to quickly resolve the lost functionality. As well, I would like to take time to thank everybody who's gone out of their way to help with this one. It's been a huge group effort, and it's exciting to finally see it released.

Comments

• The images are a bit slow to load for me (but that could be my connection), also minor thing, the circular framed pictures/thumbs of the Trill and Krokani are either a hair too wide, or the thumbs need to be enlarged a bit, since it shows a white 'frame', 'square in circle' kind of deal.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited July 2017
    So far, it looks and feels a lot nicer than the other one, so I'm happy with it. But agh, the artisanals are closed! Just when I told myself I needed to start doing them again, too.  :'(

Edit: Also, nice! Reading news, messages, and logs works great on the new site. Will the IRE browser extension eventually be updated to use these shiny new pages instead of oldsite.ironrealms.com?
  • Phoebus said:
    So far, it looks and feels a lot nicer than the other one, so I'm happy with it. But agh, the artisanals are closed! Just when I told myself I needed to start doing them again, too.  :'(
    I hope to have them up again for either August or September, time permitting. Basically have to coordinate with several people and figure out how we want to get everything sorted. There's going to be a lot of custom code for all of this, and I'm hoping to streamline a bunch of stuff.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited July 2017
    IRE chrome/ffox extension update would be nice, also the android app, I still used both for messages.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • This website is a lot nicer looking than the old one.

As a minor suggestion - logging in doesn't give any sort of sign that you are signed in (until you go to the character portal pages) - the 'login' button changed to 'logout' on the old website, something like this would be nice so it doesn't look like the login failed.

Me being lazy suggestion - messages being listed from oldest to newest (instead of newest to oldest as it was on the old site) is a bit odd.
  • Looks gorgeous! :love: I look forward to the new-and-improved artisanals, and I echo the request for the browser plugins to be brought over to the new site. Thanks for all the hard work that went into this. Hopefully it will draw in more users (I know it would catch my eye if I were new).
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have so, so many questions about bardics. Like, are you planning on making bardics happen every two game years, or making prestige happen every real month? Are you keeping it as the librarian picking two entries, or changing prestige to allow anyone to submit one entry per contest like it is with bardics? So many different ways to do it, and all likely to have a pretty big impact on how the library works!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Ayisdra said:
    This website is a lot nicer looking than the old one.

As a minor suggestion - logging in doesn't give any sort of sign that you are signed in (until you go to the character portal pages) - the 'login' button changed to 'logout' on the old website, something like this would be nice so it doesn't look like the login failed.

Me being lazy suggestion - messages being listed from oldest to newest (instead of newest to oldest as it was on the old site) is a bit odd.
    Completely agreed on the messages being listed from oldest to newest being annoying. Please give some options on how to sort messages, or just change it to newest on top oldest on bottom (like it used to).

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited July 2017
    Whoa, didn't even notice that the messages are in reverse order. Like all my messages are decayed flowers, so it looked normal to me. Yeah that's kinda weird.

Edit: Ok, it's weirder than I first thought. The button to view all messages actually shows less messages than you'd see after clicking "show older messages," and neither of the buttons will actually let you view your entire inbox.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Man, this new website is pretty spicy. I absolutely love that you're using the players' artisinals to decorate various qualities of the game. Very nice!

• edited July 2017
    Messages should be fixed, that was my fault. "View All Messages" is an oddity for me I'll have to ask the IRE higher-ups about, and sent messages needs to be implemented still. Sorry about that!
  • We are aware of the weird "Provider not found" error when logging into the forums fresh. We'll be exploring causes and solutions tomorrow.
  • If you do get the "Provider not found" error, just hit "Discussions" and then "<charname> Log in with Lusternia" and it should work as normal. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience, while we try to figure out the bug that's causing it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm in love with the Portal page--so much information right at our fingertips!

I can't seem to find the God Blog / Havens Hideout though. Is that coming back?

And the class pages must be pulling the old HELP <guild> pages that still exist, because it still talks about classes like Harbinger and Serenguard and Symphonium as if they are still guilds, not just classes.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited July 2017
    Everiine said:

And the class pages must be pulling the old HELP <guild> pages that still exist, because it still talks about classes like Harbinger and Serenguard and Symphonium as if they are still guilds, not just classes.
    Yeah, I think the helpfiles still do as well. Need to find time to fix all that up.

Godblogs (which I need to add to a menu somewhere, I'll do that when I'm doing other site things in the next week or so): https://www.lusternia.com/category/godblogs/
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ianir said:
    Everiine said:

Yeah, I think the helpfiles still do as well. Need to find time to fix all that up.

Godblogs (which I need to add to a menu somewhere, I'll do that when I'm doing other site things in the next week or so): https://www.lusternia.com/category/godblogs/
    Woot! I love the god blogs.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited July 2017
    I am having issues seeing messages on mobile. It only shows the area to send a new message, on the portal page and the messages page. 
    Edit: iOS Safari and Firefox 

• Sondayga said:
    I am having issues seeing messages on mobile. It only shows the area to send a new message, on the portal page and the messages page. 
    Thanks, I'll try to find one of my iOS testing devices and test, can't reproduce on anything else. Have noticed a few style issues though while I was in here, so will fix those while I'm in.
  • Sondayga said:
    I'm using Chrome on my iPhone and it's doing the same as well.
  • EssEss
    edited July 2017
    I can't log into the forums properly anymore.

No matter how I log in, it picks out the first ever test character I made and here I am logged in as them

:(

Edit: Although I did just get my first comment badge!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ess said:

No matter how I log in, it picks out the first ever test character I made and here I am logged in as them

Try logging out of the forums and clearing your cookies and such from your browser.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ess said:

Try logging out of the forums and clearing your cookies and such from your browser.
    Sadly not - I shall be Ess forever more
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • edited July 2017
    Any timeline on when TLS will be enabled on the other subdomains that Lusternia owns? Both the Forums and Wiki seem to still be using HTTP.

• Anita said:
    Sondayga said:
    I'm using Chrome on my iPhone and it's doing the same as well.
    I have the same isssue. Android phone.
  • Havastus said:
    Any timeline on when TLS will be enabled on the other subdomains that Lusternia owns? Both the Forums and Wiki seem to still be using HTTP.
    Wiki, about six months ago I think. You aren't just redirected to HTTPS if you access by HTTP. Forum, it's a bit more difficult and there is no timeline.
  • Ianir said:
    Havastus said:
    Wiki, about six months ago I think. You aren't just redirected to HTTPS if you access by HTTP. Forum, it's a bit more difficult and there is no timeline.
    Looks like some of the links to the wiki were not using HTTPS from the new website, these are fixed now. 
  • So i cant log onto the forums through the forums, and when i try to sign in through lusternia i keep getting told my password is incorrect ( posting from tablet because its still logged on)
  • Arix said:
    So i cant log onto the forums through the forums, and when i try to sign in through lusternia i keep getting told my password is incorrect ( posting from tablet because its still logged on)
    Try changing your password.