Mafia Signup Thread!

Comments

• Maybe Saturday to start signups?
  • Apparently, I am very mercurial, as I just gave it some more thought and decided I had waited long enough. However, I have no problem with waiting a few days for everyone who is interested in playing to sign up before starting the game.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tempted to create a "Wacky Inventor's Mafia" full of ridiculous ideas I had during Irillia's game. May or may not be making a potential blueprint for a silly future game based on this concept.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Since the Pick your Power game is over and done with, is there interest in doing another game?

I have one all set, but I can hold off for a month or two if we're mafia'd out.  It's a big one, 20-25 people.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll take a spot. That last one was a bit confusing :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'd be down as long as it was either not super long days, and/or majority lynch format
    20-25 players sounds fun and ambitious. If we can get the numbers I'd be in, @Kalikai!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • To clarify the above, I prefer majority lynch to waiting out the day
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I probably won't be interested in joining anything again until August or so. We'll see when the time comes.
  • Yup, August or so would suit me.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I think I'd limp my noobness in, if there were a lot of players to hide among. XD
  • I think I'll give it a few weeks, I'll post a sign up in early August or something. Give sufficient resting time so people are rearing and ready to go.
  • bump
  • Unfortunately the forums login issues are affecting Kalikai, so she will have to wait to run her game until they're resolved.
  • Hey yo, I'm back in business. 

I'll be trying to get my game setup in the next week, but a certain hurricane may stop me, we'll see.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2017
    Take care of yourself, @Kalikai!  I'm a little too far east to cop the worst of it, but we are still meant to get some rain.

That being said, at some point I might give running one a try, theme would be a bit unusual though - maybe Carmen Sandiego :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Its been so long.....

Now everyone is back at school, can we play?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
    edited September 2017
    Okay I'll get one up and going. Bam.
    Daraius said:
    Posting here to signal boost that we need a replacement player for the current mafia game! PM me if you're interested.
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sooooo anyone got another game planned, or do we need to influence Sylandra with begging?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have several bouncing around that I can run, but it'll be a week or so before I could start doing that. It's an option if you guys want, but people who are available without a delay should feel free to speak up.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    A wait sounds nice. :) I could wait for a @Portius game.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alright. At the very least, I can open up the signup thread early so we have time to accumulate people.

Would you people prefer:

-Sack of Troy mafia, with mostly standard roles
    -Roman Empire mafia, with some non-standard nods to history that I find amusing
    -Silmarillion mafia, in which I just sort of throw up my arms and put in mechanics that nod towards theme and amuse me but are less balanced.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'd really love a Silmarillion game, just because I love chaotic games, but I think we'd probably have the most fun with Roman Empire.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Roman Empire plz.
    Daraius said:
  • Roman Empire or Silmarillion pls
  • What did the Roman's ever do for us?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • I have a pair I've been writing down notes for a while, both inspired from Homestuck, because I'm still Homestuck trash, and I know some of you still are too.  Could try to have one of those ready for after Portius' game.

One is the Midnight Crew vs. The Felt, with standard roles. The other is me trying to see how many interesting Sburb mechanics and ideas I can convert to a mafia game.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Silmarillion