Mana - the useless vital

2»

Comments

• Sidd pointed out that preoverhaul it was normal for most demigod classes to sit at 5-7k health with good buffs. Now days folks sit at 6-7k with low buffs.

So you sort of have to recognise that you are much tankier than you used to be.

Lowering vitals for some classes would be a return to the distinct class differences you had pre-homogenisation. Which is something that lots of people have been asking for for ages.

• edited August 2017
    I thought you guys were trying to move away from the damage spam meta.
    W/e. You guys have every prerogative to make the game more boring.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Lowering vitals across the board also gives more relative power to outliers.
  • edited August 2017
    If your complaint is simply lower vitals, solution three is the solution for you.
  • I like the concept of myself being made weaker to be honest. In a lot of group fights damage just bounces off the me and the other higher tier folks, unless it's a massive number difference. 

I like the idea that I have to be smarter and play better to avoid damage in groups.

• With the envoy report buffs to athletics I have to hedge my support for this report a bit more.  If we're tweaking warriors up through skill changes, this vitals change is less necessary.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I think this report needs a new problem, or one that outlines what is at issue better. What exactly is the real problem?

When I read everything in this thread and take account of what I've seen in game, I get the impression it is more "vitals runes give too much boost", since I see plenty of people still pop to damage - just not the top-tier artied folks.

Dropping the floor hits the new players and people gauging their interest the most. If we're still giving newbies claymores that hit as hard as artie whips and taking them away via decay, knocking down their vitals seems like a seriously detrimental move to retention.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Also: Homo is default better than hetero. 

• edited August 2017
    edit: @Ianir ninja'd me. Ignore me.
  • Ianir said:

Yehn said:
    I've brought this up before, but healing pressures Health and Ego stats, which are already Guardians' weakest, and the health drops can be pretty borderline lethal sometimes. Hence Vitality, right? But that's a bit useless if every heal/farheal can kill you a la before you hit demigod. 
    This sounds like a problem with the healing skill to me. Perhaps this should be changed. Perhaps bring that up to your envoys.
    ...And... now there's a report up to nerf healing from someone that thinks dropping health into instakill/dead-from-a-stiff-breeze levels isn't punishing enough. I'm finding it difficult to have faith in your envoy system...
    beep
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yehn said:
    Ianir said:

Yehn said:
    I've brought this up before, but healing pressures Health and Ego stats, which are already Guardians' weakest, and the health drops can be pretty borderline lethal sometimes. Hence Vitality, right? But that's a bit useless if every heal/farheal can kill you a la before you hit demigod. 
    This sounds like a problem with the healing skill to me. Perhaps this should be changed. Perhaps bring that up to your envoys.
    ...And... now there's a report up to nerf healing from someone that thinks dropping health into instakill/dead-from-a-stiff-breeze levels isn't punishing enough. I'm finding it difficult to have faith in your envoy system...

You could always apply to be an envoy and fix all the problems you've found in Lusternia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There is a report to weaken one overpowered ability in healing and also a report to buff healings downtime.

• Shaddus said:

You could always apply to be an envoy and fix all the problems you've found in Lusternia.

I'm not convinced a majority vote system (especially one where the voters are such a narrow demographic...) can work for game balance. More or less a glorified popularity contest... Applying to participate in a broken system won't fix said broken system...

Veyils said:
    There is a report to weaken one overpowered ability in healing and also a report to buff healings downtime.

Yes, burnout no longer being a "You can't play for 1 hour" will be nice if that happens. As for OP... given how easy it makes a health kill (and that it can't be done from a distance without killing the healer), I disagree. But... it is one of the few abilities with (in the right circumstances) potential to be an effective counter to heavy manadrains and so toad...
    beep