WonderBrazier Aug 2017 promo

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2017
    Maybe a cool rework for blur would be a marauder's mask-like effect. Costs power, masks your form, but is limited to x times a day and lasts for x time and is similarly dropped by aggressive actions.
  • Ianir said:
    Current list of changes:

1) Rework/modify purify
    2) Add a limitation on illusoryself or give an alternative.
    3) Ensure Blur is actually functioning and, if it's not, actually give it an effect within the overhauled game.
    4) Add a cooldown/balance time to track.

No estimated time of completion, hopefully in the next week health willing.
    If Illusoryself is that OP then shouldn't it be nerfed as a skill as well? Seems a hard sell to argue that bards are so low in survivalbility that they require a skill that some are saying is game breaking.
  • edited August 2017
    Steingrim said:
    Ianir said:
    Current list of changes:

1) Rework/modify purify
    3) Ensure Blur is actually functioning and, if it's not, actually give it an effect within the overhauled game.

If Illusoryself is that OP then shouldn't it be nerfed as a skill as well? Seems a hard sell to argue that bards are so low in survivalbility that they require a skill that some are saying is game breaking.

Constantly feeding an ability 5p seems... very impractical to me, outside of astral. But overall... just speaking from seeing this type of shield in other games generally... I have to agree with the sentiment. If an absorb shield is brokenly powerful, which they very easily can be, it seems like it would be best to rein it in everywhere...
    beep
  • Generally people overvalue power.  It wasn't really on my radar at all before, but all things considered, it could use a nerf.  At the same time, outside of that, glamours needs some love. Soooooo... :/
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Generally people overvalue power.  It wasn't really on my radar at all before, but all things considered, it could use a nerf.  At the same time, outside of that, glamours needs some love. Soooooo... :/
    On the flipside... RoA and bodyguard do the same thing, but have no resource cost of any kind and are unlimited...

Only theorycrafting the numbers instead of using it in practice but... it sounds like illusoryself saves you 10 sips of a healing potion in exchange for 5 power. That's why... maybe people do overvalue power but IDK, it sounds like you would be spending power like water to maintain that.

On the other hand, RoA and bodyguard really do make a huge difference; can't deny they're strong... and a lot easier to get than a level 18 wonder item...
    beep
  • If the first you're hearing of this gamebreakingly OP skill is in a thread about a new artefact that less than 1% of the playerbase can afford, then I'd have to question how far up the coders' list nerfing it should be. A week ago nobody had even heard of it. Too often I see people looking at skills and not skillsets. Sometimes an entire skillset sucks ass other than one OP skill, and the skill gets nerfed and you're left with 300 credits worth of fail and the coders already moving on to the next 'problem'. Now I'm not saying that Bards are presently out on their ass, but let's just put this in perspective. A week ago it wasn't making anybody's life difficult.
  • Steingrim said:
    Ianir said:
    Current list of changes:

1) Rework/modify purify

I agree that illusory self could do with a minor nerf. I was thinking a longish cool down on it dropping like vitality. Just it's a bit of a low priority but I guess I'll put in a report for it eventually if there isn't anything more important to do.

Just right now with Glamour's I can maintain illusory self and be pretty much immune to damage kills out side of very large groups or enemy illusionists. 
  • Or just put a dispel skill on the wonderbra at like level 15
  • Hmm a dispell illusion skill wouldn't be a bad nifty wonder crystal ability.
  • Yes, and it would fit the brazier thematically.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Illusoryself is amazing, though it's existed as is since glamours was released without complaint, but the rest of glamours tends to err on the side of hot garbage. If a bard wants to give up ecology or all that is the god-skillset tarot to just be a damage sponge, I see no issue with it. 

It also has hard counters through critique. 
  • Versalean said:
    If the first you're hearing of this gamebreakingly OP skill is in a thread about a new artefact that less than 1% of the playerbase can afford, then I'd have to question how far up the coders' list nerfing it should be. A week ago nobody had even heard of it. Too often I see people looking at skills and not skillsets. Sometimes an entire skillset sucks ass other than one OP skill, and the skill gets nerfed and you're left with 300 credits worth of fail and the coders already moving on to the next 'problem'. Now I'm not saying that Bards are presently out on their ass, but let's just put this in perspective. A week ago it wasn't making anybody's life difficult.

Let's not forget the useless abilities on items like wonderbrazier that are a tax to get to higher abilities, just like a weak skillset.. Several wonderitems have very good one crystal investments (pipe, wings, and mask). Brazier? You're spending 100 cr for something you could get with 4-10 credits traded for goop. It's just a tax for the higher levels.
  • Veyils said:
    Steingrim said:
    Ianir said:
    Current list of changes:

1) Rework/modify purify

I agree that illusory self could do with a minor nerf. I was thinking a longish cool down on it dropping like vitality. Just it's a bit of a low priority but I guess I'll put in a report for it eventually if there isn't anything more important to do.

Just right now with Glamour's I can maintain illusory self and be pretty much immune to damage kills out side of very large groups or enemy illusionists. 

Illusory self is a tertiary skill. I'm not convinced it is OP, but if it is, then it is as a skill and not simply as an artifact. 

Since people brought the artifact thinking they'd get the skill I'd rather see the nerf and keep the skill in the artifact (even if it needs some adjusting) than remove it from the artifact.

• I'm totally ok with it being in the artifact. I think the skill could do with a minor nerf overall.

Although I do 100% agree that in an ideal world we generally shouldn't be changing artifacts massively right after they are released. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think some discretion is required on that.  For example, the Overload ability that was part of the Wonderbrazier when it was initially released needed to be nixed ASAP (and it was done early enough that I don't think many, if any, actually made one specifically to get it).

On the other hand, it now feels like half of the current Wonderbrazier abilities are "up for review" (read: nerfing) which has drastically reduced my interest in making one.
  • Yea I've got the crystals for one but I'm not going to buy it until the abilities are settled for sure. Consumer uncertainly and all that.

• >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #987 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly                   Date: 2017-08-05 18:39:00

o Wonderbrazier track now uses 1.5s equilibrium.

o Wonderbrazier purify's room effect only lasts 180 seconds.

--- Changes to come ---

o Blur needs a tangible effect. Skill design takes time, will work on it.

o Ignite will be removed from wonderbrazier at 1. Effect higher up will
       be moved into its place. A new effect after level 5 will be added.

--- Changes announced which have been cancelled ---

o Illusoryself will not be removed from the wonderbrazier. Envoys can
       decide if the skill itself needs changing.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I think blur help mitigate attacks that don't originate from the room you're in? I've noticed something like my target blurring out of the way for thoughtstealers from across Celestia or the Inner Sea.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Timeslip?
  • Tridemon said:
    I think blur help mitigate attacks that don't originate from the room you're in? I've noticed something like my target blurring out of the way for thoughtstealers from across Celestia or the Inner Sea.
    You blur and slip through time as Veyils approaches you.

Thats timeslip.

• My second favourite artefact is the timeslip watch. Being jumped on etherglom by AssJackal #1 and AssJackal #2 whilst I was harvesting with no system used to be pretty frustrating. For the paltry price of a timeslip watch and the time it took to code an alias to reapply it while RLF back to the Nexus, these bitches never killed me again. Would pay money to know how many keyboards they trashed over that. If anybody else is being trolled by Celest AssJackals, you should get a timeslip watch.
  • Vers man you gotta chill out about this game. I doubt anyone is trashing their keyboards because you figured out that running away works!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited August 2017
    The flags say differently, bru! Seems I struck a nerve somewhere... I am chilled though; I know tone doesn't come across but I wrote it all with a nostalgic smile. 10/10 would buy timeslip again.

ETA: As a slight aside, running away is too easy in this game. Literally the one thing I would bring over here from MKO was their engagement/fleeing mechanic.
  • Although thats not a bad idea tridemon.  Make blur a defense against ranged attacks?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Veyils said:
    Although thats not a bad idea tridemon.  Make blur a defense against ranged attacks?
    Not sure as ranged attacks are not very dominant (would this include zap ? ). How about blur having a slight chance of dodging an entourage / beast attack ? ( 5 % )? just from the top of my head, maybe we can find something better.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I apologize because this isn't about brazier, but it is about the promo. This seemed like the best place to pen it: Can we please add a membership bonus to lessons bought on the site? I only just exhausted my bonus lessons but people who still have those come out ahead buying credits instead of lessons (if I did my math right, am happy if someone corrects this), and the other end of the spectrum has cords and probably don't need to buy lots of lessons.  As a strikingly middling player I want the lessons but the discount isn't big enough to make me not want to get credits instead since they have multiple uses for me.

It could also be helpful to buy exact lessons at the current rates so I don't buy multiple packages and waste money or have too many leftover lessons.

Just a thought! I'll probably splurge regardless.  :]
  • edited August 2017
    Hmm I think the lessons are ever so slightly better at first glance.

Yea bonus is 2.5 per credit.

So you pay 69.99 for 200 credits which is 1700 lessons with the bonus. Which works out as 4.117p per lesson.

Or you pay 79.99 for 2000 lessons. Works out at 3.9995p per lesson.

So lessons are better than credits for non members

But then factor in the 10%

So you pay 69.99 for 220 credits which is 1870 lessons with the bonus. Which is 3.742p per lessons.

So for folks with the membership and the conversion bonus your better off with buying credits than lessons.

EDIT: By p I mean cent for the yankies.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2017
    Don't forget that the 2.5 bonus only applies to the first 1000 credits though @Veyils, which they said they have burned through.  After you have burned through those, you get the regular 6 lessons per credit.  So for 200 credits, you get 1200 lessons.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Thanks for double checking the math, @Veyils. And @Kagato is also correct. (Except that I'm not a boy.)
  • Chirbi said:
    Thanks for double checking the math, @Veyils. And @Kagato is also correct. (Except that I'm not a boy.)
    The random allocation of sex/gender is an ancient, honoured, and leal tradition across IREs, and Lusty has well been its chief scion. Welcome aboard!