Essence/Gold/Critical/Corpse Counter.

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
edited August 2017 in Mechanic's Corner
EDIT STATUS: Up-To-Date

Hi, all! Part of Tremulous I finally got around to tidying up was the combination of triggers and aliases that make up my essence, gold, critical, and corpse counter for bashing. I've updated some of the lines to make it more inclusive, and I figured I'd share it. There are some requirements that I don't quite know how to work around to make it fully inclusive, though, but if you know and fix it for yourself, feel free to share so others can, too!

Features:

Counts your criticals and displays them with everything you kill, so you can see how you're doing.
Counts your gold as you pick it up and displays the total amount every time you kill something.
Counts your corpses as you pick them up, and I stick it into my prompt as I'm bashing so I can see how many I have at all times.
Tracks how much essence each mob gives you and totals it with each thing you kill!

Requires:

Demigod. I don't know how to track experience, unfortunately.
m&m

Cons:

Doesn't actively track the number of corpses in your inventory, so if they start decaying the count gets off.
Doesn't track when you sell/hand in corpses. Will be updating this in the future to include as many turn-ins as I can.
The colours are easy for me to see, meaning they're probably not aesthetically pleasing to everyone.
You have to offer at least two corpses for it to reset everything altogether, but this will be fixed in the next patch.

How does it work?

Glad you asked! There are some simple aliased commands you can use to activate the system, reset your various counts, and stop tracking.

trackstart - Begins tracking the essence and gold you're gaining.
stoptracking - Stops tracking.
corpsereset - Resets the number of corpses in your inventory to 0.
trackset - Resets the essence you're tracking to your current amount. Useful if you die or go off to influence for a while before coming back.
critset - Resets your critical count to 0.

Here's the link! Let me know if you have any questions or have some suggestions.
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Fix 01!

Fixed the broken colour code. Everything should be properly displayed now.
    Gagged the Critical lines to lessen spam.
    The essence tracker will now display essence, though there is an additional step that must be taken.

When bashing, append this to your attack alias:

essenceBase = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.essence)

For those using the autobasher available here on the forums, put it under:

Bashing System > Bashing System > Bashing System > Autobasher > Attempt to attack your bashing target.

• Just started using this. I like it! Thanks.
  • edited August 2017
    https://pastebin.com/MAMNhy8N
    @Tremula
    the code beyind my corpse counter, if you'd like to tie this into your thingie - It keeps a quite accurate count of the corpses in your inventory using GMCP.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Kali I'll see how well I can integrate this, thank you very much! If it works as well as I hope, I'll release a new patch of this to include it.