Real World Raves

Comments

• Not googling ANYTHING of the sort.  :o  :'(
  • Even the word spider on my screen is unpleasant. The thought of putting it into google is just No. I think Achaea forums used to have a thread specifically where people could post pictures of spiders. If you needed any more insight into the minds of Achaeans...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited August 2017
    The reason I am afraid of ever visiting Australia is an Australian friend I have who has no respect for arachnophobia. She and her bf worked at a restaurant and at closing she saw a huntsman spider climb onto a menu, so her instinct naturally was to chase her then-boyfriend around with it. He was not amused.

Actual rave: hosting first ever party in new home. I am excited/nervous and probably overstocking on food to be safe.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    The reason I am afraid of ever visiting Australia is an Australian friend I have who has no respect for arachnophobia. She and her bf worked at a restaurant and at closing she saw a huntsman spider climb onto a menu, so her instinct naturally was to chase her then-boyfriend around with it. He was not amused.

Justifiable homicide, you say?
  • But spiders are amazing! I've just been reading Adrian Tchaikovsky's Children of Time, in which some of the characters are hyperevolved and biologically augmented spiders and the way he writes from their viewpoint is fascinating. And the way their biology works is also really cool, and their behavioural stuff. I love it.

Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Picked up a second hand 5'6" long vivarium to move my snake into and it came with all sorts of bits so she's going to have a super new house :D:D:D
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Laysus said:
    Picked up a second hand 5'6" long vivarium to move my snake into and it came with all sorts of bits so she's going to have a super new house :D:D:D
    Pics!
  • Kerith said:
    Laysus said:
    Picked up a second hand 5'6" long vivarium to move my snake into and it came with all sorts of bits so she's going to have a super new house :D:D:D
    Pics!
    When it's done! :)
  • Laysus said:
    Kerith said:
    Laysus said:
    Pics!
    When it's done! :)
    https://giphy.com/gifs/snek-13eyZrkNYsOWty

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Drove down into SC to see the eclipse in its totality. I got almost no sleep, the drive home entailed horrific traffic, I spent most of the day hungry, and I only managed to survive the day because of inordinate caffeine consumption.

100% worth it.
  • edited August 2017
    Got totality right where I live, so all the neighbors got out their lawn chairs and watched it. Pretty cool.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Tylwyth said:
    @Drocilla don't go to australiaor South American then[google huntsman and goliath spiders, or not].

Australia - where the spiders are so big, they have HP bars!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Laysus said:
    But spiders are amazing! I've just been reading Adrian Tchaikovsky's Children of Time, in which some of the characters are hyperevolved and biologically augmented spiders and the way he writes from their viewpoint is fascinating. And the way their biology works is also really cool, and their behavioural stuff. I love it.

True story, Morkaris is named after yours truly.

Half the characters in the Air War are from our WoW guild.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I discovered my phone has an inverted mode and my eyes don't absolutely hate it. It's much easier to not have to look away when I'm trying to text with my friends or search for something here on forums. Probably not for everyone, but definitely worth a shot if you have eye issues. <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I think I might be ready to get back into things. At least ready to start trying again after wallowing for months. 
  • I guess they overlooked the note that you're a heartless queen of darkness who murders babies?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Cyndarin said:
    Human babies.
     i thought you ate kittens & puppies as snacks!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Bloodborne is $8 on PlayStation store right now. I don't know how long it'll be at that price point but if for whatever ungodly reason you don't have it yet, PICK IT UP!!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Paid "not mods" from Bethesda.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Daraius said:
    Bloodborne is $8 on PlayStation store right now. I don't know how long it'll be at that price point but if for whatever ungodly reason you don't have it yet, PICK IT UP!!

I feel like I should be angry that my partner and I paid the full $70-$80 CAD for it way back, but it was so worth it that I'm not even.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Sumii said:
    Paid "not mods" from Bethesda.
    I love Fallout, so I dusted it off to check out this creation whatever thing. What? You want me to pay $7 for a backpack? 

*turn off PS4*
  • Cyndarin said:
    Sumii said:
    Paid "not mods" from Bethesda.
    I love Fallout, so I dusted it off to check out this creation whatever thing. What? You want me to pay $7 for a backpack? 

*turn off PS4*
    Bethesda is just trying to milk every last drop out of Skyrim and now Fallout 4, the whole paid mod/creator club thing is absolutely disgusting and I hope people will once more boycott it, so that the industry does not pick the practice up as a whole.
  • TES 6 WHEN?!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Not anytime soon. But I plan on taking a solid week off of work for it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's set in Elsweyr and there's furries as far as the eye can see.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Thought I'd finally trade in my Gamecube for a bit of extra cash, maybe get 30 for the lot.

I was wrong.

I got 25 for the lot and £100 for a single Fire Emblem game I didn't even know was that rare.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!