Simple questions?

Comments

• Maybe simpler than the last question: does anyone know the lore behind how stage recordings work? I usually blame gnomes.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Magic.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Chirbi said:
    Maybe simpler than the last question: does anyone know the lore behind how stage recordings work? I usually blame gnomes.
    Funny thing, Drocilla and I were just discussing something similar last week...
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I like to think it's something similar to memory crystals like the things Xyl has in the histories.
  • Anita said:
    I like to think it's something similar to memory crystals like the things Xyl has in the histories.
    And here I thought it was the bards that are gathered for the stage that were put to work to recreate plays.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Ianir what happened to all the enter/teleport messages that were associated with guilds? Are they no longer associated with their respective skillsets, or are they intended to no longer be accessible?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • They have not been converted from a Guild to a Class system so orgs only have access to their main org's ones. It will probably happen sometime. 
  • Last night, after dying for the nth time, I thought to myself there should be a list of defences

Then typed in defence list , cos you never know, and there it was.

Will it ever be complete?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Can hair curios be customised?
  • @Anita Last I checked, no - but that was a long while ago. They've changed some of the rules about customization, so I could be wrong.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Anita said:
    Can hair curios be customised?
    You could -probably- customize the item itself, like the curio wig, but you -can't- to my knowledge customize the way it shows on your character ( the coloured lines on your look message ). I wished that were possible.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Which changelog has the information regarding your artefacts and the timers and/or recalling them? Is there a changelog search feature?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Which changelog has the information regarding your artefacts and the timers and/or recalling them? Is there a changelog search feature?
    While I don't know the changelog, you can just type ARTIFACT and see the command: ARTIFACT <artifact> RESET <0-120 minutes>

• There is a changelog search, and I think it's just changelog search x.
  • Of or related to mugwumps = mugwumpian? Is that the correct adjective form?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Or mugwumpi
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Does anyone know if the Binoculars of Clairvoyance is a worn item, similar to the Spectacles?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Do we have a current thread on novice intro feedback?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rancoura said:
    Does anyone know if the Binoculars of Clairvoyance is a worn item, similar to the Spectacles?
    Yes, they are worn.
  • Shaddus said:
    Do we have a current thread on novice intro feedback?
    I could have sworn there was, but now I can't find it.
  • What do you do with smalltables? They don't seem to be able to have anything placed on them, which surprised me considering the description in help artisanitems.
  • @Intisara they take up less floor space, so if you already have a desk, bed, or chairs these are a better option than banquet tables. The only difference function wise that I know of between large and small tables is that large tables make herofetes easier to perform. I'm not aware of any furniture that you can place things on! I know you can put things in desks though.
    For now, smalltables are only for rp/looks.

• Q: @Ianir - what does 'hardcoded' mean?
  • Versalean said:
    Q: @Ianir - what does 'hardcoded' mean?
    Depends on context and who's saying it. From me, I generally use the standard definition of 'fixed to a certain value to which the program would have to be modified to change it' (e.g. Esteem is hardcoded to a base value of 100 essence). Generally, you can replace any use of the term from me personally with "coded" and still be happy. From somebody else? Usually the same, but I've heard differing definitions in a few places.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    Depends on context and who's saying it. From me, I generally use the standard definition of 'fixed to a certain value to which the program would have to be modified to change it' (e.g. Esteem is hardcoded to a base value of 100 essence). Generally, you can replace any use of the term from me personally with "coded" and still be happy. From somebody else? Usually the same, but I've heard differing definitions in a few places.
    How is that different from 'progged'?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    In the particular context you usually hear it in lusternia, is that 'hardcoded' seems to be used by admin to describe things that are hard to change, because they're wired deep into the bowls of the system and would require a lot of changes.

traditionally, hardcoded stuff ( in programming ) often turns out to just having something set a certain way ( taking Ianir's esteem value, it would maybe require several places to change to change the value, if that makes any sense )

Hope that helps
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Q: What is the maximum capacity of a figurine?
  • Versalean said:
    Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    Progged generally means something was created using the progging language (which as I understand it to be a derivative of a derivative of a derivative of a derivative of a derivative of normal programming languages). Most, if not all, non-system related things in Lusternia are progged: e.g. emotes are (hard)coded but Brennan Stormcrow is progged; aetherships are (hard)coded but dingbat dolls are progged. Anything that is progged can have varying degrees of reliable workability, as it can be produced by any administrator (both ephemeral and full admin); however, (hard)coded work is only produced by Coder admin (generally Ianir, Roark, and a couple others). 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2017
    Versalean said:
    Q: What is the maximum capacity of a figurine?

I believe at level 40 with no buffs, it was something like 6,666,666 esteem  (The maximum essence a god can have is 2 billion, having been rounded down from the 32 bit integer maximum value of 2,147,483,647)

For a level 40 figurine, miniaturised, with a tattoo, the maximum would be 4,784,688  (That still does not factor in Cult powers, godrealm size, poteen, etc)

If you are planning to do an essence bomb, it is a VERY good idea to let the divine in question know, along with how much you plan to offer roughly, so that they can spend some essence since anything over 2 billion will VERY likely go to waste.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?