Absence Thread

Comments

• Unexpected ER visit. Want to sleep. Messages will be dealt with in the order they have been received after I stop hating life. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Not really playing right now. 
    Logging on to do genies. Lmk if you need me.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ianir said:
    Unexpected ER visit. Want to sleep. Messages will be dealt with in the order they have been received after I stop hating life. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Get yourself some rest, hope you feel better soon!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Scarce the next few days until Monday for a mini-staycation :)

Shenanigans promised when I return!
  • On holiday for this week, with the aim of doing things like reading and playing music instead of being on the computer so won't be around much.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Laysus said:
    On holiday for this week, with the aim of doing things like reading and playing music instead of being on the computer so won't be around much.
    You should just post when you're actually going to be around, it's more rare. :P Have a good holiday!
  • Out of town for a week or so. Should still be aroundish, but expect my normal response time to drop.

Also, just posting this now so I don't have to later on, but the 21st to the 25th I'll be scarce, and the 26th-5th, I'm probably going to be entirely gone because I strongly doubt I can do much without a computer. Or out in the middle of the Nevada desert.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Kerith said:
    Laysus said:
    On holiday for this week, with the aim of doing things like reading and playing music instead of being on the computer so won't be around much.
    You should just post when you're actually going to be around, it's more rare. :P Have a good holiday!
    ... July/august is busy for me, alright? :p 

(He says, lounging on his parent's sofa at their house by the sea)
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
    edited August 2017
    Ianir said:
    Out of town for a week or so. Should still be aroundish, but expect my normal response time to drop.

Also, just posting this now so I don't have to later on, but the 21st to the 25th I'll be scarce, and the 26th-5th, I'm probably going to be entirely gone because I strongly doubt I can do much without a computer. Or out in the middle of the Nevada desert.
    Hope you have a great break when it rolls around, given all the work you've been putting in lately.  You definitely deserve some downtime :D

• Leaving today for a family visit in Wisconsin! I'll be back the 19th but I'll still check in each day. I just won't be on AS much each day.
  • So I've been having trouble lately and this random tweet I saw about sums me up right now

Apologizes to the @Sowers, @Anita, @Tristanna, @Sarrasri and anybody else that's been looking for me. I'm fine, really. I tried logging on like a week ago but wasn't able to keep it up. I'll be back when I can get my head on straight again. xP
  • Lehki said:
    So I've been having trouble lately and this random tweet I saw about sums me up right now

Apologizes to the @Sowers, @Anita, @Tristanna, @Sarrasri and anybody else that's been looking for me. I'm fine, really. I tried logging on like a week ago but wasn't able to keep it up. I'll be back when I can get my head on straight again. xP
    I'm really sorry to hear that, Lehki!! :( hopefully its onwards and upwards for you - just really take your time, we're not exactly going anywhere!
  • edited August 2017
    Lehki said:
    So I've been having trouble lately and this random tweet I saw about sums me up right now

Can SO relate to this. That's half the reason Kerith idles so much. Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, @Lehki. Hope you don't feel pressured to do anything for anyone; do what you gotta do for you.
  • edited August 2017
    Hi! It's me, Saoirse! (I couldn't access my old forums account and I was made to register a new name to my character)
    I'll be undergoing a PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) on both eyes on the 17th of August. I'll be around but my presence will be a little scarce since my eyes will need to rest after the procedure. I might pop in now and then cause I shouldn't be staring at a computer screen for long. I'll prolly be gone for just two to three days after the procedure.

Add me up on discord if y'all wanna voice chat please! I'll be reallllllly bored with having my eyes closed for days.
    My discord tag is saobutt#6249  =D 
  • mom's sick and not doing well. I'm still checking messages and get business done, but probably won't be around much. sorry for anyone who wanted follow-up on storylines and general RP. feel free to poke me if I'm around to chat for a bit, but I might be distracted. love you folks :)
  • Sudden plans for my bf's parents to visit and we've headed out early to his aunt's. So I'll be about, just on my phone for the next couple of days, I won't be able to do much of anything. And RP will be slow! 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2017
    I will not so much be absent as just a bit scarcer over the next couple of weeks due to moving house next Monday. I still have a giant to-do list of guild-related things to work through, which I'm slowly whittling away at -- I'll continue doing so where I can find the time.

As usual, I'll respond to messages (here or in-game) and letters in a timely manner.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• So this weekend my parents are visiting! I'll be about on my phone now and then, mostly later in the evening/night. Won't be able to do much again :)
  • I know this isn't the best time game-wise, but I'll be pretty scarce for another week.
    Short family trip to see the eclipse, kids start school again, and I'll be working more.
  • I've been fairly rare anyways, but just in case anyone's been needing me for some reason, I'm putting it out there: due to the pressures of school at this time, I really shouldn't be playing at all. I'll be back sometime in December for a little bit, but if I'm around before then, I really shouldn't be. I'll probably log in every few weeks to pay stable fees, though.

See you on winter break.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Between 24th-28th I'm in London where I will likely be confined to an Android tablet and thus of very little use.
  • Drocilla said:
    Between 24th-28th I'm in London where I will likely be confined to an Android tablet and thus of very little use.
    Sooooon.
  • Today I had the second of three medical procedures in two weeks. Ugh. Probably won't be around much this weekend, while I recover. And if I do actually log in, it's just to check things; I won't be very interactive.
  • edited August 2017
    Kerith said:
    Today I had the second of three medical procedures in two weeks. Ugh. Probably won't be around much this weekend, while I recover. And if I do actually log in, it's just to check things; I won't be very interactive.
    Best wishes, @Kerith! Get some rest!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Hurricane Harvey might cut my electricity like the vindictive SOB he is. Hopefully not, but if I am conspicuously absent this weekend, it's because I'm busy reporting him to HR.

• Though some of us have found ourselves with renewed forums access, a couple are still left wanting. One of those is Thax, who suffers a combination of technical problems as he battles the Dread Goliath of the Comcastiplex (a most formidable foe!) and sends his almighty promise to be back and smiting fully very soon!
  • I'm off to Wisconsin again in the morning and I should be gone for another 2 weeks. I'm staying with a different relative this time so I'll have internet and I'll show my face about daily just not as long as my usual. 
  • Visiting my parents today/tomorrow so won't be back fully until Thursday.
    Going to be completely unavailable from September 5th until the 8th. Travelling from Tennessee back to California again and will be in transit.