Thirdeye WHO thing

edited April 2017 in Mechanic's Corner

It only works if you have thirdeye up. I'm really not sure what happens if you don't have it, though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/op33nwy9el9aywb/WhoParse3.xml?dl=1
I saw a thing like this in a screenshot @Reylari posted in another thread. It looked great, so I decided to make one of my own with a few more bells and whistles.

Requires mmf's ndb to work.

If a room name is unique, you can click it to walk to it, otherwise it's unclickable.

you can adjust the colors, they're variables at the top of one of the triggers. My color choices probably weren't the best.

Feedback is welcome, as always!

EDIT: Fixed an issue where it got messed up by MORE. hopefully.
EDIT2: if it's doing weird things, you might need to CONFIG THIRDEYE OFF.

Comments

• Fancy. I made one of these years back and posted it. It's since been updated. Maybe I'll find it in my current diabolical mess of a system directory tree and post that, too.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • Is there a way to add new rooms/changed rooms to the mapper so it won't be unknown?
  • edited April 2017
    http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_Functions#setRoomName

That should be able to fix the problem areas in Magnagora. Or try deleting the room and remapping it if that doesn't work.

• any idea what could cause this? (Second WHO was me turning it off...)
    beep
  • The output format from mmp.searchRoom...... has changed somehow.  I had to modify it in my system forever ago, but I don't remember exactly how.  I suspect that would be the issue.  I'd go through testing each part of the script that uses mmp.whatever to see if the output is a number or a string, and check the script for what it's expecting.  There's probably a hiccup somewhere in there from the change.

Once you find the problem, it should be an easy fix.  If I have more time later I might peek more exactly at it.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • It's an issue with the setTextFormat command on older versions of mudlet (2.1 in particular). When it moved to 3.0 the last 3 optional arguments got changed from taking 0's or 1's to booleans
    For anyone else still using mudlet 2.1 who wants to use my script thingie, just search for 'setTextFormat("",0,0,0,r,g,b,false,true,false)'
    and replace it with 
    setTextFormat("",0,0,0,r,g,b,0,1,0)"
  • Kali said:
    It's an issue with the setTextFormat command on older versions of mudlet (2.1 in particular). When it moved to 3.0 the last 3 optional arguments got changed from taking 0's or 1's to booleans
    For anyone else still using mudlet 2.1 who wants to use my script thingie, just search for 'setTextFormat("",0,0,0,r,g,b,false,true,false)'
    and replace it with 
    setTextFormat("",0,0,0,r,g,b,0,1,0)"

I just wanted to mention that this works in 3.4 too
    beep