Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Versalean said:
    Maligorn said:
    I'm sure people voted with their wallets during the crate promo. So the ideal is obviously to get that rolling again, right.
    Awesome. I've spent twenty-four hours trying hard not to bring that up. But you just opened it up. Let's do this. I feel it'll help us all to contextualise the reactions of a certain individual to this underwhelming promo.
    All I'm saying is that feedback on a public forum and actual spending data are both important. I'm sitting pretty much on the fence on this promo. Not sure if I want to buy anything yet. Maybe for an alt, but, jeez, I always feel guilty taking time away from Maligorn and his responsibilities :/

• Rancoura said:
    (which is done with huge amounts of help from unpaid volunteers)
    tbh that part bothers me more than anything else. I guess it's not viable with a low number of players but... I would feel better if spent money went to those people...
    beep
  • Its a pretty good promo for folks who want to do stuff in game. I mean credits= lessons, new artis, custom beasts, gold for fancy ships and manses etc etc. I mean if you don't need skills, artis, manses etc then yea sure its not worth buying but the folks who are maxed out are few and far between.

Its not really as exciting as a new item or new toys to play with. Its a simple but good offer for folks who want credits.

And its not crates yea. Crates were broken so thank god its not crates :D
  • Xenthos said:
    but I'm just a bit annoyed by a blanket declaration that it's not worth it at all for anyone, period, right off the bat.

I guess generalizing that much is going a bit far, but... personally, I like to hear from both sides, and why they think something is or isn't worth it. Even if it sometimes does get a little heated...
    beep
  • On the other hand, I feel like most people aren't even reading the posts and are attacking (or defending) the people rather than the positions.
  • I think people have made pretty good points about why they think its good without personal attacks.
  • As someone who started in July, I like the promo just fine.  There's dingbat only stuff I want, and I'm glad to have an avenue to get them with.  ...That's pretty much all I have to say on the topic!
  • You scumbag!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • 2017/09/02 12:19:02 - Avurekhos bought a group of 20 faeleaf stalks for 220 gold.
    2017/09/02 12:19:02 - Avurekhos bought a group of 20 faeleaf stalks for 220 gold.
    2017/09/02 12:19:02 - Avurekhos bought a group of 20 faeleaf stalks for 220 gold.

D'awwwwwwwwww!
  • We have deleted a number of posts regarding the plague that were heading into hostility and personal attacks. Please remember that the forums are meant to be an approachable community space where we can discuss Lusternia, and not use them to air grievances. Tweets is intended to be a 'quick post' thread for things that don't merit a full thread - not to be a rants thread by another name.

We are aware that the Forum Rules link at the top of the page currently does not redirect correctly for some - We apologise for the inconvenience. You may find the forum rules here.

With that out of the way, let us return to tweeting.
  • I really think Gaudiguch needs healing on ONE of their classes, hell make the bard get you so drunk you pass out and sleep off the illness with one of their abilities. That makes sense.

It would make this plague thing a hell of a lot less tense for me as a player. If there were doctors in freedom city.

• I will cauterise plague spreaders for free. 
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Not to take away from the underlying sentiment, but isn't there a machine in the Starhopper that cures it?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Kaimanahi said:
    Not to take away from the underlying sentiment, but isn't there a machine in the Starhopper that cures it?
    This strand isn't cured by any machine. Tried, didn't work.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Kaimanahi said:
    The machine in the Starhopper cures the skinrot plague, which is different from this one. As far as I know, this new plague (which you can get from walking over a puddle on the road, which are created by a specific quest, or from already-plagued people who bite you) can only be cured by a healer radiating a purity aura.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Irillia said:
    Kaimanahi said:
    The machine in the Starhopper cures the skinrot plague, which is different from this one. As far as I know, this new plague (which you can get from walking over a puddle on the road, which are created by a specific quest, or from already-plagued people who bite you) can only be cured by a healer radiating a purity aura.
    Being undead also cures it, but that only affects an even smaller population of the game.
  • #everyonebutgaudi
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Seconding that I think it's important this has a readily available cure. Skinrot is the closest aff to this I can think of and it has the Starhopper to cure it. It's fine to include a nuisance in Lusternia - less fine to make your curing dependent on someone else's goodwill, when sometimes what causes your aff is someone else's desire to spread chaos.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited September 2017
    I think the whole point of a new outbreak is that it's not immediately treatable and people have to learn to adapt. A new affliction that is immediately treatable isn't a particularly compelling story line. "New epidemic sweeps the Basin of Life and everyone was fine." Meh.

So long as the hardcoded effects aren't terribly detrimental it's not a big deal, like skinrot didn't do anything significant until you had it for a long period of time. I think the second stage even added physical resistances. I never understood why everyone tried to quarantine themselves over it. You don't have to RP the CDC.  

Full disclosure: Glom tried to isolate me with Skin Rot and, and this may surprise you, I did what I wanted. 
  • Removing the ability to intentionally infect would be a good step to take as well. I have found myself logging in less to avoid being infected by someone, rather than just avoiding the roads.
  • Hmm. I don't know. I get that it is annoying, but ideally I would rather see IC resolution on something like this rather than forum fights or mechanic changes. Players should face consequences for their actions. Player should sometimes need to rely on others for help. Organizations also should need alliances and outside friends sometimes. For those of you who find this annoying enough to want OOC change - do you think your concerns would be alleviated with higher populations (more people around, so more access to healing spec)?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Cyndarin said:
    I think the whole point of a new outbreak is that it's not immediately treatable and people have to learn to adapt. A new affliction that is immediately treatable isn't a particularly compelling story line. "New epidemic sweeps the Basin of Life and everyone was fine." Meh.

So long as the hardcoded effects aren't terribly detrimental it's not a big deal, like skinrot didn't do anything significant until you had it for a long period of time. I think the second stage even added physical resistances. I never understood why everyone tried to quarantine themselves over it. You don't have to RP the CDC.  
    This is fine for a release event (which is long done by now).  We are past the storyline and have moved on to the stage where there is a repeatable quest, becoming maintenance drudgery instead.  Once it gets to this point it needs a better way of handling outbreaks.

Ejderha said:
    Hmm. I don't know. I get that it is annoying, but ideally I would rather see IC resolution on something like this rather than forum fights or mechanic changes. Players should face consequences for their actions. Player should sometimes need to rely on others for help. Organizations also should need alliances and outside friends sometimes. For those of you who find this annoying enough to want OOC change - do you think your concerns would be alleviated with higher populations (more people around, so more access to healing spec)?
    No.  Gating a cure behind a specific type of essence is bad enough.  Gating it behind a skillset instead is worse, imo.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Cyndarin said:

Full disclosure: Glom tried to isolate me with Skin Rot and, and this may surprise you, I did what I wanted. 
    I loved the skinrot event! Definitely my favorite end of the year storyline. I had fun with it for the reasons you mention above. No one could treat skin rot for RL months, though, and it was a lot of fun seeing how everyone reacted to it as a result. Very much "We're all in this together" kind of vibe. I do agree that the people who quarantined themselves missed out on the fun.

Alternatively, this is an affliction that already has a cure, and the cure is a difficult one for certain players to achieve. It's also an affliction that doesn't just passively infect, it can actively infect, which means you can run around afflicting people if that's something of interest to you. During skinrot, we all knew a cure was coming around eventually. Here, there is a cure - it's just one that I think should be more accessible, if that's the cure that we're going to get.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Make a vaccine rather than a cure?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As far as Gaudi goes, I know I've been trying to remember to offer Necroscream's temporary undeath to anyone who isn't an enemy to Mag; I'll try and make it more known to the city though! 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.