Artifact Ideas

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I think musicboxes need to be nerfed from -10/-10 before considering a permanent musicbox effect that follows an individual around.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Isune said:
    Veyils said:
    I'm not sure if this exists already but a remote shop log, rift and wares viewer. For your own shop.

So you can manage and check multi-stores wares in one go/room without having to bounce back and fowards.
    There is a Shopkeeper's Ledger  (100 dingbats) sold by Tink McFierce. You can read about it in HELP AETHERSUITS. It's not been added to the ArtiShop yet, but it's on the list. I've not checked if you can still buy from Tink for now. But this one we did make!
    Just checked and yes, you can still buy from tink, as well as gargle and pinky.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Give your courier an item and say "Deliver to <target>". To return them
    to your inventory, say "Perch".

o a clockwork kookaburra - hilarious courier, always a laugh

o a metallic feathered pelican - caution: wet package

o a jaunty clockwork mockingbird - sassy courier, saucy commentary

o a wheelworked extravagant magpie - working hard for the money

o an iridescent clockwork dragonfly - shiniest courier ever

I'm liking the delivery bird idea!

More birbs please:

Hummingbird

Owl

Crane

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • skylark
    beep
  • A grackle!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Artifact that allows us to cure any plague (even newly discovered ones, once their introduction event is done).  100cr to 250cr.

Add a ranged upgrade that combines with Beast Delivery.  Your beast will deliver and inject the cure to anyone they would be able to make a normal delivery to.  500cr.  Maybe let it work with dirigibles/zeppelins/couriers too?

Obviously the cure arty can't have a cooldown on usage or it would be useless (cure one person in a room of five and they will be reinfected before the cooldown fires) but this at least gives orgs without access to whatever The One Specific Cure That Is The Only Thing For This Specific Plague Variant to at least do something.
  • Xenthos said:
    Add a ranged upgrade that combines with Beast Delivery.  Your beast will deliver and inject the cure to anyone they would be able to make a normal delivery to.  500cr.  Maybe let it work with dirigibles/zeppelins/couriers too?

This would solve the current episode more than skill access. The entire reason the plague is being perpetuated right now is those that intentionally harbor it and only go into peaced areas to spread it... Availability of a cure doesn't matter if people won't take it. But forced curing would do the trick. (But if it's an arty thing I would prefer if it was priced more accessibly...)
    beep
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Counter-quest isn't a bad idea tbh.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Why not both?  More options is always better for dealing with something like this, imo.
    edited September 2017
    1) WONDER*ITEM* TRANSFORM FORCE.  Cost: 3 credits.  Resets the timer on being able to transform your wonderitem again (as if a new day had passed).  Essentially zimoru for wonderitems.

2) A neverending syringe of zimoru.  Change this to be 1x per IC day (RL hour- same as wonderitems).

3) A gnomish time-lapse camera.  This camera has two effects.
    a) You can use it on a player, character, or object to generate a sketch (same as if you had paper and coal).
    b) You can use it on a wonderitem or beast with a separate command, CAMERA NEGATIVE *TARGET* and it will create an internal imprint of what the description / variables for that item are at that given point.  It will remember this negative for that specific object until you replace it with a newer negative.  If you then CAMERA PROJECT *TARGET* it will restore whatever variables it has remembered for the target onto that specific object.
    - It should be able to remember 1 negative for each wonderitem, and 1 negative for a beast (taking the negative of a different beast will switch to that one instead).

Basically the camera would allow you to save the appearance that you like the most, and then keep rolling to see if you can get something better.  If you can't, you can always go back to what you liked.

Might actually encourage more zimoru use if you know you're not potentially stuck with something you hate, too!
  • Xenthos said:
    1) WONDER*ITEM* TRANSFORM FORCE.  Cost: 3 credits.  Resets the timer on being able to transform your wonderitem again (as if a new day had passed).  Essentially zimoru for wonderitems.

2) A neverending syringe of zimoru.  Change this to be 1x per IC day (RL hour- same as wonderitems).

3) A gnomish time-lapse camera.  This camera has two effects.
    a) You can use it on a player, character, or object to generate a sketch (same as if you had paper and coal).
    b) You can use it on a wonderitem or beast with a separate command, CAMERA NEGATIVE *TARGET* and it will create an internal imprint of what the description / variables for that item are at that given point.  It will remember this negative for that specific object until you replace it with a newer negative.  If you then CAMERA PROJECT *TARGET* it will restore whatever variables it has remembered for the target onto that specific object.
    - It should be able to remember 1 negative for each wonderitem, and 1 negative for a beast (taking the negative of a different beast will switch to that one instead).

Basically the camera would allow you to save the appearance that you like the most, and then keep rolling to see if you can get something better.  If you can't, you can always go back to what you liked.

Might actually encourage more zimoru use if you know you're not potentially stuck with something you hate, too!
    Yes please! I think with the cost of the never-ending syringe, I was surprised that it was only 1 per month. I would definitely buy it then if it was changed to 1 per IC day.

And I really, really like the camera idea. I regret changing a couple of my beasties now and haven't been able to get anything remotely the same, so they're just burning a hole in my gold because I don't want to bring them out the stable, nor do I want to sell them >.>
  • Would honestly buy that camera. My wondercorn is || this close to being perfect, but I simply can't take the chance on it right now. 10/10 would pay dingbats for the safety net. Great idea, Xenpai <3
  • Certified Gnomish Essence Converter Machine 

50? Credits

Let's you convert essence to another type by putting essence in the machine and specifying what you want out.

PUT NUMBER BIT IN MACHINE
    MACHINE CONVERT TO TYPE
    PUSH BUTTON

tada?
  • I kind of like that if you want the essential energies of that org you've managed to piss off to the extent that they name you a formal enemy, you have to risk your life in their territory to get it.
    Versalean said:
    I kind of like that if you want the essential energies of that org you've managed to piss off to the extent that they name you a formal enemy, you have to risk your life in their territory to get it.
    I would say it is more intended so that you don't have to go running all the way to your cosmic plane to get the essence of other territories converted to your own type (so you would not have to run to the supernals to get fire essence changed to light essence for example)

• Yeah, I do really like the idea in principle, just that i also like the danger of having to get air essences :)
  • Make it tune to your org and only produce the org's essence.
  • So I just did the dailies, and there was a bizarre quantity of gold coins here and there on the highways. Which gave me the idea for:

Gold Resonance Detector (250db)

Tells you whether there is gold on the ground in your area, and how much gold there is in total. (Maybe hot-cold, like treasure maps?)

• an orb of quietude (75cr)
    • When dropped on the ground, prevents all players in the room from making audible speech in a room and does not let external shouts or yells penetrate into the room (say-like communication, yelling, shouting, etc)
    • If possible (using the same mechanism that's used for coloring say-emotes), block say-style emotes too.
    • Can only be picked up by the owner when on the ground, but can be given to other players (resets eventually)
    • If wielded instead of dropped, the effect excludes the player wielding it (like a talking stick)
    • Has no effect at nexuses or the aetherplex and does not apply to bard song (maybe can't be used in combat situations whatsoever?)
    • Can also be permanently affixed to a room in a manse via ACTIVATE <orb> (one time use)
    • Resets to owner after an IG day
    The idea is that this would be useful for rituals and cultural events with a whole bunch of people gathered. I'm probably overlooking some way that this could be abused, but oh well.

• Foehn said:

I'm probably overlooking some way that this could be abused, but oh well.

Oh, guaranteed. Isn't Internet Rule 34b "If it exists in IRE there is abuse of it"?

BUT IT'S STILL A REALLY NEAT IDEA.
    A couple of ways to abuse off the top of my head: blocking any quest that requires a SAY to initiate (including dropping the TBC), monopolizing an event (nobody else is allowed to speak).

Interesting concept but needs a way for others to nix it when it has been dropped and some kind of counter that does not involve declaring when held.
  • Are those lulOrbs still a thing? If so, perhaps turning this into a lulOrb would be good because isn't there a lulOrb that lets you nix other lulOrbs?
  • Aetheric Retrace Device (1000db)

Lets you return to the place you just teleported/cubixed from. Does not work if you have moved rooms since teleporting.
  • Versalean said:
    Aetheric Retrace Device (1000db)

Lets you return to the place you just teleported/cubixed from. Does not work if you have moved rooms since teleporting.
    With a cooldown to prevent abuse, this would be nice. Not sure about the price, but I don't know much anyway.
  • Yeah, definitely would need something to stop it from being renamed the Grief-O-Matic, but I'd buy one. Price-wise, really wasn't sure where to pitch it :)
  • Paradox pyramid hits a lot of what that does already.
    Foehn said:
    an orb of quietude (75cr)
    • When dropped on the ground, prevents all players in the room from making audible speech in a room and does not let external shouts or yells penetrate into the room (say-like communication, yelling, shouting, etc)
    • If possible (using the same mechanism that's used for coloring say-emotes), block say-style emotes too.
    • Can only be picked up by the owner when on the ground, but can be given to other players (resets eventually)
    • If wielded instead of dropped, the effect excludes the player wielding it (like a talking stick)
    • Has no effect at nexuses or the aetherplex and does not apply to bard song (maybe can't be used in combat situations whatsoever?)
    • Can also be permanently affixed to a room in a manse via ACTIVATE <orb> (one time use)
    • Resets to owner after an IG day
    The idea is that this would be useful for rituals and cultural events with a whole bunch of people gathered. I'm probably overlooking some way that this could be abused, but oh well.

*scribbles in "Can not be thrown into an adjacent room"* >_>  (If someone wants to commit suicide and run into a room of enemies to drop one so that they can't talk, that's fine and dandy, but I don't think someone should be able to just lob one in while shielded from an adjacent room and prevent people from co-ordinating - yes I know most of us are in alliance clans, but it would pose an inconvenience for newer players who have yet to be inducted.)

• Not that Cazanto has a place to put it, but a wine rack, akin to the weapon racks, such that characters may show of their collection of fine wines and spirits.  Alternately to an artifact, might make for a good artisan skill addition!