Absence Thread

Comments

• I fell down a flight of stairs and now everything hurts. Availability/response times are diminished due until I no longer feel like laying in bed all day staring at the windows.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have done that and it is terrible. Hope you feel better soon.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • In transit till late on the 2nd and generally on holidays till the 29th but I will have net access and I will be around!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm getting a few concerned messages about Irma so I thought I'd post here about what's going on. Obviously I've not been super active as stands, but likely I will lose electricity sometime during the next few days. I might be getting tropical storm weather starting today. So don't be surprised if I vanish off the grid a bit more than usual.

To those asking me if I'm leaving, I am not evacuating, but please don't panic about this. I'm inland and on the northern end of the state these days, and currently the storm expects to be much weaker by the time it hits me. Category 2-3, most likely, but currently expected to be 2. I'm prepared for this. I don't have evacuation orders and with the current projection of the storm don't expect to. I'd rather brave those chances than get on the road and deal with potential lack of gas on the highway.

To anyone else dealing with Irma, you stay safe. Especially in SoFlo. I've got people staying there and that's what's probably stressing me out the most about this storm.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So starting monday night (GMT) am going to be off on a vacation trip for ~8 days. Putting this out there in case I forget.

You may have noticed seeing me around less lately and I apologize to anybody who's been looking for me, I'll be around, don't worry.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Out for a few more days it seems. My body has decided to raise two middle fingers at me, and I'm going to be on a flight and bus pretty much between Sep 12 and Sep 13 for about 36 hours total (including wait).
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ewww.  I know the toll long-haul travel can take on your body - I just recently spent 3 consecutive days travelling from Tennessee to Los Angeles and was completely wiped out x_x
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • In this week of Technology Hates Yehn, both the water heater and fridge decide they're tired of life.

I'll still be around, just with less time while I figure out schedules and possibly replacements...
    beep
  • Things still seem to be going the way they were before I left so I'm returning to my hiatus. See yall later or when hallimonks/6tharch/new terts come out for about a week.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thax said:
    Internet issues are (supposedly) resolved...I should now be back.

:happydance:
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I am off from tonight until monday to help make this happen: https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Have been less active lately, will be even less active for ... well, at least a week; we'll see after that. I can still do things behind-the-scenes (like respond to messages, update scrolls, or whatever) but not going to be very interactive or visible.
  • Laysus said:
    I am off from tonight until monday to help make this happen: https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire
    All my friends that are going love it and can not say enough good things about it! They are all happily packing.

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Thax said:
    Internet issues are (supposedly) resolved...I should now be back.
    Glad to have You back at least.
  • In this week of Technology Hates Yehn, a m&m update makes Mudlet's Lusternia profile decide it never liked opening anyways. (Maybe I'll log in briefly on a different client or something... but won't be doing much without, well, all the things mudlet scripts do to help out...)
    beep
  • Family emergency. For the next approximately three weeks, I will answer messages every couple days and be around on an escaping-my-problems basis, but will be dealing with some very emotionally difficult things RL so please excuse any unintended coldness from my end.
  • Parents are down for the weekend, so I won't be around for tonight to Sunday afternoon! Will be able to reply on discord now and then if I'm super needed.
  • Howdy! I've gone from my usual 25+ hours of weekly playtime to 3ish, sorry! I'm preparing for surgery in early November as well as applying to grad schools with applications due around the same time. Yuck! Anyways, I'm trying to stay around and still submit for prestige etc., and I'm still responsive to messages sent to Chirbi so please feel free to get hold of me that way too. Wish me luck! 
  • I find out the date for my surgery on Monday, should be within a week or two at most. In the meantime between pain and meds and sleep, I might be a little less active than normal. And probably for a few days after the surgery. Messages, forums, discord always work.
  • Ejderha said:
    I find out the date for my surgery on Monday, should be within a week or two at most. In the meantime between pain and meds and sleep, I might be a little less active than normal. And probably for a few days after the surgery. Messages, forums, discord always work.
    Instead of 'a week or two at most,' once the surgeon saw me they said 'uh, we need to do this TOMORROW.' So, yeah. In 24 hours I will be in surgery. Possible overnight stay, possible home later the same day. Either way, between prep and getting things set up at home, then surgery and anesthesia, I will be pretty out of it for a bit. May still be around tonight if I get everything settled, but after tomorrow morning...
  • Ejderha said:
    Ejderha said:
    I find out the date for my surgery on Monday, should be within a week or two at most. In the meantime between pain and meds and sleep, I might be a little less active than normal. And probably for a few days after the surgery. Messages, forums, discord always work.
    Instead of 'a week or two at most,' once the surgeon saw me they said 'uh, we need to do this TOMORROW.' So, yeah. In 24 hours I will be in surgery. Possible overnight stay, possible home later the same day. Either way, between prep and getting things set up at home, then surgery and anesthesia, I will be pretty out of it for a bit. May still be around tonight if I get everything settled, but after tomorrow morning...
    On the way home from the hospital post surgery. Situation was worse than expected, but they were able to handle and it was a complete success. Will still be hit and miss especially through the first few days of recovery.
  • I'm not going to be around this evening and more than likely not going to be about for a couple of days, maybe til the weekend at most.
  • I feel like this is a little bit belated, but I'm back in school and dealing with some health issues in the family. My grandfather was in the hospital for most of the summer, and is now safe at home with 24/7 assisted care. I wanted to take the time to say while I'm not around as much, sometimes in my manse, or visibly producing things - They are in the works as I balance all this stuff. I also wanted to thank my support system here in Lusternia for keeping me afloat.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Leaving for NYCC this evening. Hopefuly will be back in time for the games on Sunday. Will be keeping up with messages and etc still. 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Going in for the left lung on the 24th, so will not be on until I'm discharged. I'll be on sparingly during recovery, as I'm not to be trusted to make story decisions while under the influence of [drugs/alcohol].
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm going to be pretty inactive for a little while, just due to life and whatnot.
  • Some may have noticed my presence lacking a bit the last few months.
    I am in the process of moving and it is currently sapping all my mental energy.
    I hope all will be settled by December.
  • Those of you who know me have likely noticed I have been absent. Just letting those of you who still care that I'm totally fine, but I'm on an extended break/absence, possibly forever, maybe only for a short period of time. We'll see.

If anyone is interested, you can add me on Discord: Sylvanas#4058. (PM me for skype/bnet/etc details if you wish.)
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    So where's Daraius been? Well, my good laptop died in August, and my replacement literally can't run Mudlet. Around that same time I got a new job, and I've been back in school studying accounting. Basically, having no access to the QOL systems that made Lusternia playable for me, plus navigating more change in my life than I'm accustomed to, plus bearing more financial burden than I'm comfortable with... makes for an absent Daraius. Sorry folks.  :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."