30 Days of Songs

Comments

• Day Three - A song that reminds you of summertime

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada

P!nk - Raise Your Glass.

Don't ask me why. I wouldn't have an answer for you.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• This song blew up in my summer after grade 8, it was also the first rap song I ever heard too.

I admit, regrettably, I know every word to this song.
  • This was all over the place in Italy when I used to summer there

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • This is an easy one for me:

Jane's Addiction: The Riches - In my first year of uni, in the blazing sunshine, this is what I played to death.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • edited September 2017
    Dunno why.  I can't decide between these two.  No idea why on the REM's Bad Day.   The Gorillaz 19-2000, one year in particular it just fit the summer for me.  I even remember a very poor flash game where you drove through the track on the video.  As it happens the videos for both are pretty great.  REM's due to the frantic and escalating information overload, and the latter because, well, Gorillaz.

• So, literally just got home last night around 6pm, so I missed the first two days. Going to put in 3 for today's just to make up for it.

Tinariwen - Tenere Taqqal:

Actually had that song stuck in my head the last two weeks while in 110F heat in the middle of a desert.

The Dead Tongues - The Desert:

Found that song last year late summer, it became a bit of an anthem for my life for a bit and encouraged me to start figuring out some stuff.

Alan Jackson - Drive (For Daddy Gene):

So, I listened to a lot of country when I was young and I was absolutely obsessed with Alan Jackson for a while when I was 8/9. For some reason, this song reminds me of driving down the 80 toward Concord, window down and arm riding the wind out it because the AC was functionally a heater in our old '93 honda civic.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Sorry...only two things for it >.<

Summer of 69

I've listened to this a lot this summer...so I suppose this one does..

Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Missing summer already!

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Day Four - A song that reminds you of someone you'd rather forget

Twenty years later and I still can't listen to that song.
  • So uh, is this like a challenge and if I skip a day, I lose? Because I am not sure I have something for today.
  • Tirah said:
    So uh, is this like a challenge and if I skip a day, I lose? Because I am not sure I have something for today.
    I originally saw it as a "30 day song challenge" but I didn't even know that was what the "challenge" part meant. Definitely not like that here. People can join and drop out whenever. (Plus, it's pretty awesome if you don't have a song like this. I envy you for it! :P )
  • More Voltaire:

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.

• Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • edited September 2017
    Day Five - A song that needs to be played loudly

Not sure why it's not including the player in here... Caro Emerald - Back It Up
  • edited September 2017
    I was almost tempted to post the "Operation F.O.O.D.F.I.G.H.T." episode of Kids Next Door, which was a parody of this.  But the original Private Pain of Techno Destructo:

Anything by my favourite band needs to be played loudly, really.

Before an earthly flight

• I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Rancoura said:
    Anything by my favourite band needs to be played loudly, really.

I've not listened to any lacuna coil since Shallow life left me feeling a little disappointed, but this is good :D 

My one for today is a bit tricky because -so many- of my favourites hit that requirement to be loud. But here's something. I saw these guys late last year and it was one of the most amazingly uplifting gigs I've ever been to, and this song was one of the ones they played and I loves it. It's also massively emotionally loaded because it's inspired by the comic "I Kill Giants" which is like a bomb of emotions and the song ties into the singer's losing her mother to cancer. It also has that wall of sound feel that just benefits so much from being played loud enough that it can actually feel like it hits you.

Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • The title says it all - Best Song Ever

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • I think I need to plug in my subwoofer and listen to these properly. Tinny laptop speakers will not do these songs justice.
    Laysus said:
    I've not listened to any lacuna coil since Shallow life left me feeling a little disappointed, but this is good :D 

@Laysus -- Their next three albums are definitely worth checking out, moreso Broken Crown Halo and their latest, Delirium. Broken Crown is a really interesting shift in their sound, and a lot of Delirium is heavy as heck -- a bit of a modern kickback to their old sound. I saw them for the second time last weekend -- blown away once again by their performance and stage presence. <3

(@Kerith sorry for constantly derailing with band chat, it's just nice to talk artists with people who are in the same niche of musical taste  :# )

Before an earthly flight

• edited September 2017
    Rancoura said:
    Laysus said:

@Laysus -- Their next three albums are definitely worth checking out, moreso Broken Crown Halo and their latest, Delirium. Broken Crown is a really interesting shift in their sound, and a lot of Delirium is heavy as heck -- a bit of a modern kickback to their old sound. I saw them for the second time last weekend -- blown away once again by their performance and stage presence. <3

(@Kerith sorry for constantly derailing with band chat, it's just nice to talk artists with people who are in the same niche of musical taste  :# )
    @Rancoura Delirium is amazing! It's my choice of album for on the way to work. I was also disappointed by Shallow Life. @Laysus

my song to be played loudly..and because I have no restraint with music..this one, too;

Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Rancoura said:
    Laysus said:

Don't be sorry at all, it's awesome to see such conversations happening. :)
  • edited September 2017
    Day Six - A song that makes you want to dance

MIKA - Lollipop

Probably one of the catchiest songs ever recorded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6md5RSnVUuo