General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Heading to the hospital, because pain has gone from really bad to "my body is trying to kill me." Yaaay.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Day 2.5 without power. It is so hot. :( Could take days to be fixed, but I remain hopeful.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • New job schedule is going to basically obliterate my free time and sleep schedule. This, along with the loss of routine associated with it and some other stuff is causing me to go to a very dark place.
  • edited September 2017
    Anita said:
    Welcome to 2nd year, here is another group project. For week 4. That's 2 weeks away from tomorrow. 10 minute powerpoint presentation. e_e

BECAUSE THE GROUP THING REALLY WORKED LAST YEAR, LADY!
    *nervous laughter*
     "Hello, I'm your other lecturer, and here is a group project for you! Another powerpoint! FOR WEEK 4!"

"Hi! I'm another lecturer, it's not a group project but I'm going to give you a subject 5 days before you have to write an essay for an exam question. In week 4"

"Hi! Learn all the fetal systems and how they change after birth and how to look after a neonate and the first examination and subsequent ones after. For week 4"

"Oh yeah, btw, I'm the second lecturer for this one module that you have a presentation in week 4. I'm giving you a multiple choice questionairre exam on week 4 too!"

FML for week 4. I hate 2nd year already and I'm halfway through the 2nd week.
    Give me essays all day every day and I will write them. 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2017
    Gonna be away for at least the next 24 hours, possibly longer.  Gotta make a day trip from LA up to Sacramento to file some legal paperwork.

Long story short, my marriage is over.  Not willing to go into details, but need to go to the courthouse up there to file the required paperwork.

FML. No family to fall back on without going all the way back to New Zealand (My parents have said point blank "We can't help you from over here" - bullshit, more like you don't WANT to help, since you never 'approved' of me heading to the states in the first place) plus a rather limited social base.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Sincerely sorry to hear that. International marriages are a pain paperwork-wise, even when everything works out fine for both parties. I can't imagine how stressful this must be for you, but I wish you well with it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited September 2017
    Oh, I'm in the USA, and she is an american citizen. I just need to make a day trip up to Sacramento from Los Angeles since that is where the first set of paperwork was filed.

Taking an overnight bus so that I arrive in Sacramento when the courthouse opens, filing the paperwork, spending the day in Sacramento, then taking another bus back down to LA in the evening.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm sorry, Kagato. We obviously don't want to pry, but I hope it works out for you no matter what the deal is. Divorce sucks :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited September 2017
    Back in Los Angeles, filing the paperwork was simple enough (was even able to request a fee waiver, otherwise it would have cost me upwards of $500)  Ended up doing the 'healthy' (read: batshit-insane) thing and walked from the Greyhound Depot to the courthouse (7.4 miles.  Took about 2 and a half hours walk.  Plenty of time to just get my thoughts in order and try to relax.)

Ended up also organising to get some of my belongings back off my soon-to-be-ex, so apart from if any further legal action is required, I don't need to keep any kind of contact with her now.  Sad, but life is moving on.

This isn't gonna legally kick you out of the country, is it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited September 2017
    Sent you a PM as we are venturing into territory that should NOTbe discussed on a public medium (Legal information regarding court proceedings in progress)

Safe information: I have avenues that with luck will keep me safe. If they fail, I'll just return home.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Sylandra said:
    Day 2.5 without power. It is so hot. :( Could take days to be fixed, but I remain hopeful.
    Should've grabbed my vacation appartment's interior. 16C for four days without heating.

Add to that, that some idiot hit my car on the drive and didn't even stop to man up to it and a lot of scary roads and you get a basic idea about my vacation... not again, thank you.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Lost my job today, because of government cut backs. I have a Nanny in my employ, three children, my husband works full-time, too. I have six months to find another one. I was not expecting this today, or the unprofessional way it was handled. I can't even relax with Lusternia. I'm just sat here staring into space. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Very sorry to hear that @Kendra, I hope things work out for you. :(

My GD:

That moment when your egotistical colleague shows you a comment-war argument they participated in and you have to bite your tongue until it bleeds in order to not point out what an utter immature douchebag they are in fear of instigating another deluge of douchebaggery, only directed at you this time. Fun.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Very sorry to hear that @Kendra, I hope things work out for you. :(

My GD:

That moment when your egotistical colleague shows you a comment-war argument they participated in and you have to bite your tongue until it bleeds in order to not point out what an utter immature douchebag they are in fear of instigating another deluge of douchebaggery, only directed at you this time. Fun.
    Thank you, @Rancoura. It's also exactly how I felt today, having to bite my tongue. The big boss, as unprofessional as it gets, comes to me to bitch about the other colleagues. I'm saving every comment up my sleeve for when I leave. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Some days, I realize just how little I can handle, and it frightens me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited September 2017
    Likely got (hopefully) temporary nerve damage in my right arm and pinky for at least a month or two.
    My rant seems so trivial as compared to some of these :(

Some of you may remember my rave about signing a new position at my job a few weeks ago. I signed out of my QC job not only for my mental health, but because my new position was less likely to work weekends than my old one.

Since the single day I worked in my new position, I haven't been back to it. My job's administration has used me to basically fill positions that they don't have other people for, or don't want to post a job for. While my pay is the same, I'm being put into positions that should have already been filled by other people, but the administration is using me as an excuse not to have to hire someone. I've spent all of one day learning a job I have had for weeks.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Know-it-all-manager wants to know why I didn't document "duplicate limited term" drivers license in my explanation as to why I believe we should underwrite a loan. "It's a duplicate, why is it a duplicate?" Hurr hurrr.

I have to spend my time explaining to know-it-all-manager that a "duplicate limited term" license means the customer is lawfully in the US but not a citizen. Which makes them a protected class and we, a federally regulated financial institution, can't make any decision based on the status of a protected class. We can't even mention it. 

And now you've documented it where it can't be erased. How are you even paid more than me.
  • I can't get back into my original forums account, could someone like... halp me?
  • Enya said:
    I can't get back into my original forums account, could someone like... halp me?
    ISSUE ME or email support@lusternia.com - I have literally zero information to help you or verify your account, so I can't do so until I have this.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Sorry for this. Please don't use it as a starter for a political discussion...that's not my intention but I had to get if off my chest (lots of people here are in shock): Ugh...elections...
    Misleading email titles that make you excited and then promptly disappoint you. :|
    Daraius said:
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I’m an uncle.  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I’m an uncle.  :/
    Isn't that a good thing?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That I’m expected to consider it a good thing is part of my dissatisfaction.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I mean, being an Uncle is a fairly easy job.
  • edited September 2017
    Indoctrinate the kidlet in all things geekery. My uncle's the one who got me into books, star trek, star wars, sega, comics, anime, video games in general and local college football team. You'll have a future gaming partner. Be the Cool Uncle.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    edited September 2017
    This is probably my issue more than anything else, but I really don't get on with the person in charge of overseeing some paperwork I need to file, and it's making me resent every little change I have to make to stuff.

Nice person, just. Kind of. Condescending. Ugh. Why do you make it so hard for me to want to improve my stuff??
    Daraius said:
  • If my life were a TV show, it would be the start of an episode of House, M.D. where none of my doctors can seem to figure out why I am in severe pain.