Simple Ideas

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Kagato said:
    Arix said:
    @Ianir not sure if this exists or how simple it would actually be, but for members of Divine Orders, a TELEPORT FULCRUX command that drops you outside your Divine's prime fulcrux portal
    Guessing you mean teleporting to their master shrine in Avechna's Peak - there is already a divine idol artifact that offers TELEPORT MASTERSHRINE - if they did something like that, everyone who has an idol (myself included) would want refunds since it is definitely not worth 150 dingbats to appear inside the portal instead of outside.

When the artifact first came out, it teleported you from almost anywhere; on a monolith, from inside a manse, on an aetherbubble, wherever you were, you could teleport to your mastershrine. It was ninja-changed to be only on prime and off monolith not long after, and no explanation was made as to why. I personally don't think it's worth 150 dingbats, but I tend to buy them for the custom appearance.
    I was told by players that having access to a teleport from anywhere was too powerful for combat.

I got the idol when it first came out for the reason of it worked from everywhere. Right now, the idol is no where near worth the 150 dingbats given that the Vernal (and Soulless?) curio sets go to the Avenger as an instant teleport, plus their other locations.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ayisdra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Kagato said:
    Arix said:
    @Ianir not sure if this exists or how simple it would actually be, but for members of Divine Orders, a TELEPORT FULCRUX command that drops you outside your Divine's prime fulcrux portal
    Guessing you mean teleporting to their master shrine in Avechna's Peak - there is already a divine idol artifact that offers TELEPORT MASTERSHRINE - if they did something like that, everyone who has an idol (myself included) would want refunds since it is definitely not worth 150 dingbats to appear inside the portal instead of outside.

When the artifact first came out, it teleported you from almost anywhere; on a monolith, from inside a manse, on an aetherbubble, wherever you were, you could teleport to your mastershrine. It was ninja-changed to be only on prime and off monolith not long after, and no explanation was made as to why. I personally don't think it's worth 150 dingbats, but I tend to buy them for the custom appearance.
    I was told by players that having access to a teleport from anywhere was too powerful for combat.

Don't get me wrong, I see that. I just don't think a channeled teleport to a place is too powerful for combat. Instant? Sure, that's a bit too useful.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Kagato said:
    Arix said:

Don't get me wrong, I see that. I just don't think a channeled teleport to a place is too powerful for combat. Instant? Sure, that's a bit too useful.
    I agree. It is a 12 second teleport as well. I, as a non-combatant, think 12 seconds is a long time that if you had that much time to stand there there are other things that are wrong. But I was told that is still too powerful regardless.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Soulless does not exist to Avechna; the Vernal set has better bix options, imo.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Kagato said:
    Arix said:
    oh I didn't know this was a thing
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2017
    Meh, I got it for convenience plus RP purposes.  I can't be buggered trekking all the way up Avechna's peak whenever I want to drop in and say hi to @Weiwae or drop in uninvited on another Divine.  I still stand by what I said in that if they ever made a TELEPORT FULCRUX or TELEPORT SHRINE option freely available, I'd want a refund.

That being said, I've been considering some suggestions to improve it.  Dunno whether it is the kind of thing I'd have to put through envoys, artifacts@lusternia.com or IDEA though.  (
    Idea 1. Return TELEPORT MASTERSHRINE to instant cast, but can only be done on prime and with masochism.  If in enemy territory, becomes subject to same restrictions as a 'bix (requires however many seconds it was channeling - 3 seconds?)
    Idea 2. Allow something like TELEPORT MASTERSHRINE NOW - costs 2 power, becomes instant, but can only be done on prime and with masochism and is subject to 'bix restrictions, so if you are in enemy territory, it still takes 3 seconds instead of the full 12 seconds.  If the NOW suffix is not included, standard channel time.)
    Idea 3. TELEPORT MASTERSHRINE can be used off-prime but requires channelling if anywhere off-prime, plus requires masochism, instant on prime if masochism is up.  If in enemy territory, again subject to 'bix restricftions.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited September 2017
    Update the ARTIFACTS LIST table (used to see your own artifacts) to match the format of the ASHOP LIST table, showing the tradein value. Also lets you see the categories and all that.
    edited September 2017
    At this point, given how rare tattooists are and how difficult it is to obtain the services of one, I think it would be a good idea to review the way tattoos work at the moment and either open it up to more archetypes or to overhaul it completely.  At present there is, to my knowledge, one active tattooist in Celest - Kreon.  No idea how many active tattooists there are in Glomdoring, Magnagora or Serenwilde at present.

EDIT: Been made aware that there is a report up for this month recently.  Still think it would be worth opening it up to other archetypes depending on how long it will take for halli/gaudi monks to be released (if in the foreseeable future)

• A grand total of 0 tattoo artists in Gaudiguch @Kagato

Same issues come up for lots of trades though. @Moi spent a solid week hunting for a spellcrafter, and that trade is open to lots of folks.

A denizen that can tattoo but with no options for designs or custom work might be interesting!
    Also given that the cap for prestige is open for debate at the moment (it is unknown what the absolute cap for prestige is after you hit "like royalty", perhaps a 'capped' rank could be added, something like 'demidivine', with the absolute cap set 1 prestige point above it, so you know when you hit that point that there is no point trying to raise it any higher.

• Perhaps all of Tinks ware's could be put in the ashop instead of just his aethergears?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I'm not exactly sure how it is determined whether something is riftable or not, but as a shopkeeper, I'd be totally in love with the chance to rift kirigami and wetfold. They are cheap, sell out easily and they take a lot of shopping space ( like 100 items for 50 wetfold and 50 kirigami, which don't really last all that long ), being able to rift them would be a great thing and would also make it a little easier to carry them around too.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I believe teas and brews are riftable, but yes, only as the base form. Fountain liquids are also riftable, but they're not designs, just a larger variety of base liquids.
  • For commune constructs being raised, the gold comes from the Ministry of Power coffers, would it be possible to have the commodities needed to build the constructs come from the commune's stores, rather than having to physically have the commodities / chasing for gold to reimbursement?

(sorry if not a simple idea)
  • Please let me put things on desks, and not in them. Please? I will hug you
  • I'm sure I'll end up suggesting this every October and February:

eventconsider sentinel
    A dwarf sentinel would be worth 15 points in a death or harmony world game. 
  • Mrak said:
    I'm sure I'll end up suggesting this every October and February:

eventconsider sentinel
    Not being facetious here: What would you do with this information?
    Versalean said:
    Mrak said:
    I'm sure I'll end up suggesting this every October and February:

eventconsider sentinel
    Not being facetious here: What would you do with this information?
    Prepare your attempts better so you are not wasting time hunting/influencing mobs that are not worth much.
  • Basically what Aeldra said. My understanding is that points are only roughly related to difficulty, so two individuals who are roughly equal in hunting speed could end up with quite different scores if one chooses better targets than the other. I feel like this would just dampen the advantage that prior experience gives a bit.
  • edited October 2017
    I think it's been asked before, not sure, but could the Gloves of Harvesting also double the amount of soothing steam made, especially now with the changing cures. Please, thank you, cherries on top!

edit:
    and addition to this since I don't want to double post-

Would it be possible to get a command for curiomarket to change the price of what we're selling? 
  • edited October 2017
    This is probably one of those things that seems simple, but is actually impossible:

Add some sort of portal permissions on the exit side for the Power Minister. I'd like to make it so that no enemies of Magnagora can ever exit through Mag's portal room, even if they are allowed in a manse that is connected. Right now, it seems like a monumental task to try to keep track of manses and city enemies so that the right people are kept out.

If any past or current power ministers have figured out a way to deal with this, I'd love to hear about it.

Edit: if it's easier, it would be pretty good if we could add something that searches all connected portals for one that individual X has access too. That way, you could deal directly with the folks that you're actually worried about.
    Mrak said:
    This is probably one of those things that seems simple, but is actually impossible:

Add some sort of portal permissions on the exit side for the Power Minister. I'd like to make it so that no enemies of Magnagora can ever exit through Mag's portal room, even if they are allowed in a manse that is connected. Right now, it seems like a monumental task to try to keep track of manses and city enemies so that the right people are kept out.

If any past or current power ministers have figured out a way to deal with this, I'd love to hear about it.

Edit: if it's easier, it would be pretty good if we could add something that searches all connected portals for one that individual X has access too. That way, you could deal directly with the folks that you're actually worried about.

I believe celest solves this by enforcing that enemies of celest are a blocked condition in the manses, but I think this is not enough, is it?
  • Aeldra said:
    Mrak said:

I believe celest solves this by enforcing that enemies of celest are a blocked condition in the manses, but I think this is not enough, is it?
    Halli and Seren have the same afaik, but it's something to check and can bloat your manse.

The reason I personally like it is that it moves the org level security to the org and, in turn, allows manse owners a bit more freedom with who can enter their manse. 

As an example, a shop owner can more freely get connected to orgs and wouldn't _have_ to block enemies to maintain the connection to those orgs.
    International family manses seem like they'd also benefit from this,

Maybe another way could be to just make it a coded block, no enemies can ever exit from a manse into prime player org turf? I can't imagine any org wouldn't immediately implement that once given the option.
    With an option to upgrade that to an org-wide ban (i.e Mag cannot exit from a manse into the Seren aetherplex) to keep it really simple?
  • You can check each manse linked and what perms are on it but if a manse has dodgy perms the only thing you can do is tell the owner to fix it or disconnect the manse itself.
    Just idea'd this. I'd love to see urtraps automatically pull the feed they need from the users rift if there's not enough in them. It's minor but it's cumbersome sometimes.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Don't see why not; I just triggered the whole thing, but it was a few different steps I had to go through to make it all work.  Only question for a server-side thing is whether it uses goldenfood (if you have any) or regular.  My own tries goldenapples and if there are none it drops in ten regular.
  • Can the milestone for Avechna's Peak go to the top of Avechna's peak? It is sort of half way between the aetherplex and the portal of fate and neither here nor there
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s