The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited October 2017 in Mafia Hideout
Welcome back one and all to the wonderful world of mafia! A quick refresher, if you will, stolen from @Vivet's game:

Summary of the Rules:
1. You may not edit your posts. Doublepost as needed to correct typos/clarify.
2. Votes and Day Powers must be bolded to count. (Ex. Vote Nobody, or I'm A Day Power)
3. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. If the day ends without a majority, Mob Mentality comes into effect - whoever has the most votes on them will be the one lynched. If multiple people have the same number of votes, whoever reached that number first will be lynched.
4. Mob Mentality will always favour a death over No Lynch. No Lynch must reach majority to be achieved.
5. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
6. You are allowed to post during Twilight, but votes cannot be changed. Timing is everything!
7. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase.
8. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
9. Day Phases will last roughly 72 hours, or until a majority lynch is reached. (I'm on EST, as a note, and aware this game started much later than I intended it to, hence the rough estimation. Ahem.)
10. Night Phases will last 24 hours, after which you cannot submit night actions.
11. You are to be sportsmanlike, and not be excessively inflammatory, lest you might spontaneously burst into flame. You will receive one warning.
12. Town wins when all scum are eliminated.
13. Mafia wins when they hold a majority over town.
14. If you are neither town nor mafia, your role should make your win condition clear enough. If you are confused, please ask me!
15. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)

If you're unsure about how to play mafia, check this wiki, starting with this page, for the game mechanics. Have fun!

Players:
1) Tremula (Sophie Hatter, the Alignment Investigator - Lynched D2)
2) Ordassa
3) Thyelleia (Totoro, Roleblocker - Modvigged D5)
4) Othero (No-Face, Copycat/Firefighter - Nightkilled N3)
5) Arix (Lady Eboshi, Executioner - Lynched D3) - MAFIA!
6) Shaddus
7) Sidd
8) Ess (Jiro, the Lovers - Left in Grief D3)
9) Vivet (Sheeta, Doctor - Nightkilled N3)
10) Cyndarin
11) Portius/Dys (Nago, the Poisoner - Lynched D6) - MAFIA!
12) Kaimanahi (Witch of the Waste, Redirector - Lynched D5) - MAFIA!
13) Saobutt (Nahoko, the Lovers - Daykilled D3)
14) Lehki (Calcifer, the Arsonist - Lynched D4) - Third Party!
15) Yarith (Yubaba, the Consigliere/Janitor - Nightkilled N2) - MAFIA!
16) Silvanus (Ponyo, the Firefighter - Nightkilled N1)

CONGRATULATIONS! TOWN WINS!
(See Masterlist of Actions Here.)
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    ~It is Day One~
    With 16 alive, it's 9 to reach a majority lynch.
    Mob Mentality is in effect.

(Day One will end at 8am EST on Friday, 9/29, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Checking in, hey there.
  • Checking in, hey there.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Hi hello hi hello. We out here bb.
  • Also checking in. Hey yall. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I'm here. I see we've got mob mentality this game.

• And a hello from me as well
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Also checking in and confirming activity.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Hihi 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Obligatory day one post, how's everyone doing?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • So let's just get to it. Thoughts on lynching today?

I'm fine with a no lynch, but mob mentality makes me a little worried that we should get ahead of anybody forcing the issue later in the day.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Hi. I want a lynch, if for no other reason than I demand a game with a day 1 lynch before the end of Lusternia.
  • I'm your huckleberry

Vote: Cyndarin.

Thanks for volunteering. Lets make the dream happen.

This is spousal abuse.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's not abuse if you like it.

Also hello!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wonderful, we got the numbers. Hello
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Normally I'd ask if this is where we are abusing our spouses and vote Portius, but since majority lynch is a thing I don't want to wrongfully toss even one vote that might get bandwagonned on. Speaking of, we need to find a reason to keep Cyndarin or a reason to vote someone else, if you want to keep her.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I always prefer no lynch, it's not exciting but stats favor it. Not like I want to end the day right away, we do have time to at least start up a conversation. 

Celina always wants a lynch and Sidd is a troll, so nothing out of character. If I had to vote for someone, it would be Celina because I am an ass, but I won't vote anyone off day one without a glaring mistake.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ohai gaiz.

While we're all here,

Vote: Vivet

Just so the meme lives on and my track record expands ever further. Also because options are cool if we're going to play at Cyndarin/Sidd's scheme.

Also, I refuse to edit my post in the signup thread. I was too excited, obviously.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Cyndarin: Sidd (1)
    @Vivet: Vivet (1)

With 16 alive, it's 9 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect: 
    Based on the current votes, Cyndarin will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day One will end at 8am EST on Friday, 9/29, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    Oi, stop that!
  • Hello everyone! It's been a while since I was part of a mafia game, I'll be doing stuff right.
  • edited September 2017
    my vote: FOLLOW THE BIG 'UNS

ABSTAIN ( at least  until more have voted )
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    For the sake of conversation (and the mafia noobs like me), what are the options? Assuming nothing crazy happens, my understanding is: We take a shot with very little (no?) information, with greater likelihood that we hit town but a big(?) advantage in the game if we hit scum. Or we punt on the lynch and hope to get more information through the night to make a more informed decision tomorrow. Is the risk worth the reward? Does the size of the game factor in at all?

Personally I lean towards the statistically safer option of the no-lynch, but taking a shot is real tempting.
  • @Ordassa - just as a head sup, if you're voting, you need to use bold (per the game rules) 

UNVOTE

I was really just messin' with Cyndarin.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Other questions to consider, given that Sylandra is borrowing my rule set from Very Vanilla.

Do we have any interesting third parties? The game seems more on the small side, but it's also possible the mafia pool is small in kind to make up for their presence, or scum operate on their own ala Soulless from Silvanus' game?

Or maybe that's all a red herring. OooOoooOoOooOooo...

But even if there's not a lot of discussion today, just having a few vote stick around should be interesting. We'll get to see who holds onto them, who votes late (if at all), and how arguments pan out for/against voters on the following day.

We got a lot of first time forum players (I think?), so this might inevitably be a more quiet day as they pick up on our play styles/habits.

I've only seen a few of these movies too, so no real flavour analysis from me this go around. How many villainous roles can we reasonably expect, you think?

• Kaimanahi said:
    For the sake of conversation (and the mafia noobs like me), what are the options? Assuming nothing crazy happens, my understanding is: We take a shot with very little (no?) information, with greater likelihood that we hit town but a big(?) advantage in the game if we hit scum. Or we punt on the lynch and hope to get more information through the night to make a more informed decision tomorrow. Is the risk worth the reward? Does the size of the game factor in at all?

Personally I lean towards the statistically safer option of the no-lynch, but taking a shot is real tempting.
    Generally the day on lynch isn't really worth pulling the dice without some info.
    Vote: No Lynch