The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• Then maybe you should start poking some of the lurkers instead
  • Concerning last night: I slept very good and deep. I doubt that this would have been the case if anything was targetted at me.
  • Kaimanahi said:
    I was not targeted by an action last night.

Maybe it would be useful to speculate a bit about the arsonist's alignment, going under the assumption that it could be Calcifer. I haven't seen that movie, but I did a little google-fu and he doesn't seem inherently evil. I'm more inclined to think he could be third party, and maybe even have a teammate in Howl? Though I dunno, I guess he is a "fire-demon" which could be mafia-esque. I'd be interested to hear any theories on it, if anyone is a bit more informed, unless we don't think we can draw conclusions along the lines of movie contexts. 
    You're not really going to find a lot of "inherently evil" characters in the Ghibli films, to be honest. It's still hard to say at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if character role actually had no bearing on somebody's alignment.
  • Yep, that's why I'm such a big fan of Ghibli films. Even the "evil" characters usually have their good reasons for being that way and are very rarely just mean without a reason. That makes them more approachable and realistic. So I also would not be surprised if there was a character that follows their own motifs.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I feel like I pointed that out yesterday in my no lynch post. Anyway, I wasn't visited by anyone and received no indication otherwise. @Portius, would you mind telling us if it was a seemingly good/bad thing that was aimed at you at least? We could potentially use that information in the long run to hazard a guess as to the setup (good v bad power numbers) while keeping our information sparce.

Normally I'd assume it's a good power since it doesn't make much sense to hide that someone with a bad power visited you, but it never hurts to double check!

Who hasn't checked in yet today? I know Celina is usually late to do so, and I haven't seen her, anyone else?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    @Thyelleia For the sake of clarity, does that mean you received no PM regarding a night result at all, or one simply stating more or less what you have described?

That aside, I don't think I've seen Saobutt or Ess post yet for today.

VVX. Upon review I did find a very brief Ess post. Still leaves Saobutt along with Celina.
    ... actually, no again. Celina had one post very early at the start of the day speculating on scum numbers based off of the revelation for a possible arsonist.
  • In the interest of conversation, not that I've contributed anything useful myself other than that I don't seem to have been doused by an arsonist last night:

A firefighter was killed implying an arsonist exists.
    Ordassa has made a claim(?) of being privy to someone acting on another person without a death,
    Portius has made a claim that he was acted on last night and is certain of the role but doesn't wish to throw it out there just yet,
    Shaddus has voted on Ordassa.

That seems right so far, yes? I don't think I've missed anything. Just pending Sao's comment everyone has made a check-in and this is what we've got to work with. Nobody claims to have been prepared by an arsonist (that they're aware of?) thus far.

I'm not opposed to voting Ordassa but I don't see anything productive coming down that avenue and it's still early in the day phase.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Vivet I got no PM this night and just slept. Everything I have heard about the situation so far is from the conversations on this day.
  • Bwah I have nothing interesting to report on last night's events. I wouldn't want to vote on lynching Ordassa, I'd like to get more information on what she witnessed. 
  • It does seem to be little information to go on and exactly the same information i@Ordassa  was watching @Portius being acted upon

Could you confirm whether this is the case Ordassa? You don't need to reveal more if you do not want to

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
    Mm. So no one noticed anything like an arsonist mark last night. That means,

1. The arsonist didn't mark anyone. Possibly because they have some other option, whether because they are restricted by being in the mafia (and we saw a kill) or they have some other personal power they can use instead (and must make a choice between them).

2. The arsonist marked someone and it is totally undetectable. This is exceptionally powerful, but more likely with the existence of a firefighter in the game, and significantly more likely if the arsonist is operating on their own instead of as part of a group.

Probably still want to be cautious about these possibilities for the time being, but if the arsonist is in the mafia and they have to choose between marking/killing, then this will probably force them to make kills over marks.
  • I was thinking along the same lines, Vivet.  The other alternative, filling into the first catagory, is that with the very low probability the firefrighter appropriately countered the arsonist night one, if they both acted.

I'm leaning towards the silent mark as my early inkling, but maybe the next day or two will prove otherwise.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I'd guess there's also the small possibility that Silvanus was targeted by the arsonist, but I dunno, looks like we can't really draw any conclusions at this point.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Tremula I was probably targeted by town. The message didn't specify, but the power is normally a town power.

@Ordassa I need you to clarify your question.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Ordassa, could you explain if you actually saw anything last night? Reading your posts I think you're saying that you casually lied to try and push someone and I'm really just confused.
  • Ordassa said she was just fishing. I am leaning towards agreement with Shaddus, we don't need that .

VOTE: ORDASSA
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm here. I posted previously today! Nothing happened to me, so I have nothing to offer there. I don't find fishing to be inherently suspicious. Not as if we have much else to go on other than the dead fish-boy.
  • I wasnt lying. We need more information. fishing is one way to do it.

We know four things:

1. ponyo (silvanus) was killed by an arsonist
    2. Portius was targetted by a probable town power
    3. I saw someone target someone else. The target did not die.
    4. No one saw anything suspicious last night

@Arix you want more information. You need to offer up something in return.
    @Portius I was trying to guess the character based on what you said.

• I'm not 100% sure if I want it revealed but who did you see target who? If you're going to out yourself as a tracker you're probably not long for this world and I don't think I want the info to die with you.
  • VOTE: ARIX

because i rather not be lynched by the mob.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm not overly fond of the idea of seeing who do what as a good idea, either, @Othero. I'd rather if @Ordassa could instead tell us only who was targetted, since they didn't die. Then that person can reveal what flavour message (if any) that they got. Verifies Ordassa's watcher power, and depending on how we feel concerning the target's message, we can proceed appropriately and have him reveal the perpetrator at that point, since it'll be likely if we don't kill him then he'll die tonight anyway.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • we actually DON'T know Silvanus was killed by an arsonist. Unless an arsonist can target a person and then kill them same night, it was more likely a mafia kill
  • (arson is the one where you tag a bunch of people and then kill them all at once, right?)
  • Can we at least say that who Ordassa did see was not visiting Portius? Has that been made clear yet?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Yes, Arix
  • Yes @Sidd

Ordassa said that a bit further up -

2. Portius was targetted by a probable town power
    3. I saw someone target someone else. The target did not die.

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited September 2017
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus, Arix (2)
    @Arix: Ordassa (1)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Ordassa will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Sylandra is this allowed?

Vote Arix