May Auctions, round two!

2»

Comments

• Nekotai would be poison benders.

Ninja would be blood(!) benders.

Shofangi bone or earth benders (breakers?).

Tahtetso would be... chest benders? bow chika wah wah?

<.<
  • Malarious said:
    Nekotai would be poison benders.

Ninja would be blood(!) benders.

Shofangi bone or earth benders (breakers?).

Tahtetso would be... chest benders? bow chika wah wah?

<.<
    Poor comparisons! Remember, bloodbending was the powerful application of waterbending, focusing on the water in blood. Bloodbending would be some horrific and terrible, banned form of waterbending, in Lusternia, I'm sure (much as it is in Avatar!). Given it required a Full Moon to use for most people, a comparable 'empowering' aspect would be a nexus connection to Water (so, need to be a Celest citizen). Obviously, not gonna happen.

Metalbending would be more Ninjakari's territory, given their connection to Earth. Kind of weird with their general style, though – probably end up more like earthbenders/toxic gas benders, the latter being more or less what Geochems are (save the fact they're also kind of cyborgy...)

Shofangi and Nekotai don't have elemental planes, so they wouldn't really be 'benders' per se. More comparable to Ty Lee/chi blockers.

Bottom line, difficult to draw a line but doing so nets some weird results.

Hideously non-germane, however...
  • I don't want to be a stupid elemental bender.

But I do want elemental damage (for bashing). Or any damage that isn't physical.

• Eventru said:
    Poor comparisons! Remember, bloodbending was the powerful application of waterbending, focusing on the water in blood. Bloodbending would be some horrific and terrible, banned form of waterbending, in Lusternia, I'm sure (much as it is in Avatar!). Given it required a Full Moon to use for most people, a comparable 'empowering' aspect would be a nexus connection to Water (so, need to be a Celest citizen). Obviously, not gonna happen.

Don't forget about the legend of Korra! It shows that there are some blood benders who don't have to rely on the moon!

But if bloodbending did require the moon, then I think you would need an aquamancer empowered by a moondancer for best results!
  • edited May 2013
    Nihta said:
    Eventru said:

Don't forget about the legend of Korra! It shows that there are some blood benders who don't have to rely on the moon!

But if bloodbending did require the moon, then I think you would need an aquamancer empowered by a moondancer for best results!
    I did say "for most people", didn't I? Although those exceptions would be rare individuals deeply in tune with Water, so again, still strange.

But let's stop, this is terribly digressive... :ar!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm SURE we're onto week 3 of auctions by now...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Morkarion said:
    Oh no! How long have you been sitting on this information?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:

Morkarion said:
    Oh no! How long have you been sitting on this information?
    Not long enough it seems, people found out and started bidding :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!