Simple questions?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:
    Please let it be snow leopards.
    Like Rancoura needs more beasties to tempt her out of her "birds only" rule. 

My simple question -- is there a way to make jewellery boxes permanent that I'm missing?
    There's a rune of dimensional stability ( I think) that might work. It's the one where when you put stuff in it, you can shake the box to make randomly selected items pop back out.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Shaddus said:
    Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:

My simple question -- is there a way to make jewellery boxes permanent that I'm missing?
    There's a rune of dimensional stability ( I think) that might work. It's the one where when you put stuff in it, you can shake the box to make randomly selected items pop back out.

******************************** ARTIFACT #182 *********************************

Cost:
       50 Credits

Artifact Description:
    - This is NOT a jewellery rune, but a special rune that can only be placed on 
    artisan-crafted boxes.
    - When attached to an artisan-created box, any item placed in the box disappears.
     Upon shaking the apparently empty box, one random item will fall out. Great for 
    parties!

Short Description: a Great Rune of Contained Dimensional Instability
    Dropped Description: A Great Rune of Contained Dimensional Instability lies here 
    on the ground.
    Extended Description:
    The Great Rune of Contained Dimensional Instability is an ancient artifact that
    can be placed onto basic boxes crafted by an artisan. This rune has a strange
    glyph emblazoned upon it which seems to want to wiggle off the surface, but is
    contained by an engraved circle.

Category: combat
    Keywords: defense credits
    ********************************************************************************

Are you able to take items out of it normally? :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Yes.

I'd issue myself and see if it works.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2017
    Should I change to monk with 170 credits or just save up and stay as a warrior?
  • Rolsand said:
    Ultimately, the goal is to have fun. If you have not yet done it, I would suggest trying a monk alt to see if you even like the kata system and whatnot. With 170 credits, are you thinking of forgetting warrior skills permanently? Or just not transing skills?

For the record, I went from warrior to monk, and at first forgot the skills temporarily. Once I decided I was never going back, I forgot the warrior skills for lessons.
  •  Ejderha said:
    Rolsand said:
    Ultimately, the goal is to have fun. If you have not yet done it, I would suggest trying a monk alt to see if you even like the kata system and whatnot. With 170 credits, are you thinking of forgetting warrior skills permanently? Or just not transing skills?

For the record, I went from warrior to monk, and at first forgot the skills temporarily. Once I decided I was never going back, I forgot the warrior skills for lessons.
    I plan on forgetting warrior completely and trading in an useless artifact. Though some people told me that Ninja is not the best so I'm not really sure what I should do. Tbh the only thing I ever enjoyed in Lusternia is pk and I always get the feeling that it's all pay to win. I enjoyed playing Axelord for probably the first 4 to 5 months then I realized that I'm basically doing the same thing every single battle. I really don't like the idea of rolling out an alt to figure out that I wasted another 100 days to be in the same position. So, at this point I realize that I might never be able to know if it's worth flexing to monk or even using my time to play this game
  • edited September 2017
    I think nihilist would be fun pk, from an outsider standpoint. It had always been one of the classes I secretly wanted to try. I think guardians also have some great choices with their Third class skills, which open up some different options to try with playstyles. I think with monk you roll into the 'doing the same thing over and over again'. For me if feels that way anyway.

• edited September 2017
    Ninja are a little bit broken in a bad way at the moment due to their speical report not being finished.

They were designed around being kick heavy but then kicks were moved to surge or higher. Which leaves Ninja not able to do any afflictions from base stance. There has been a report in to fix this since the change but until that report goes in I wouldn't recomend going Ninja. They have no affliction pressure early on right now and that puts them quite behind when building hemo for their kill.

Once that goes in though Ninja should be pretty good. They'll have mutilates, strong early afflictions and late, ability to do long prones and a passive blackout which sounds pretty good for hiding burst to kill. They'll be able to do the damagedorgans/damagedthroat/damagedskull/anorexia/slickness combo which is the cleanse lock minus asthma for groups. But add in a hexer/aeoner friend and you pop that combo while they aeon/asthma hex then the target is going to have a bad time. Ninja looks like it has a lot going for it but it really really needs that special report to go though.

Monk vs Warrior overall I generally found that Monks do a lot of things better than Warriors. Tankier, More afflictions, better damage overall(Axelord does do better with open cavity but requires more set up and easier to parry), better spread of bodyparts to hit, better ways around parry etc. Warriors for sure have better attrition and a more certain instant kill set up at high wounds but monks will get to their kill level quicker than warriors while also doing stronger and more afflictions. Also warriors get pits which are pretty strong for groups. Stealth while not having much really for direct combat does have a lot of fun tools to use for mission based objectives.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Personally, class choice has always been more about the options I have and how easy I get the feel / improvement for a class. For me, I've always found guardians/wiccans and mages/druids easier to wrap my head around, it's always a personal choice though. The suggestion to check out the kata system is in my opinion a solid one, as it's a rather complex system both to code for and to use, even though monks as a class seem to be both to be fun and rewarding and very resilient. If I was torn between monk and warrior, I'd personally opt for monk, but I think Veyils sums up monk vs warrior nicely.

If I were you, Rolsand, I'd actually sit down and compare the options available to me and take a watch to your fellow city mates if you actually enjoy the style of combat they do ( I've had personally more then a few classes that looked useful/neat but when I actually started to listen to people how to use them or tried them myself I realized that this wasn't how I wanted to go for PK, and I suppose other people will feel similar about other classes. )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • How would you take "You have emoted:" out of your emotes?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Riuala said:
    How would you take "You have emoted:" out of your emotes?
    You can't -- that is only shown on your side, as a reference point of sorts. If you see:

"You have emoted: Riuala smiles sincerely and nods in confirmation." 

Anyone else in the room will see:

"Riuala smiles sincerely and nods in confirmation." 

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• But I don't like it ):
    You could probably make a simple trigger to delete the line.
  • This is a very simple version of what you want to do: https://gyazo.com/4c32a4fe81d9979b79353f72aed82746

A fancier version would change "Riuala" to "you" - I'm sure one could figure out how to do that.
  • Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:
    Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:

******************************** ARTIFACT #182 *********************************

Cost:
       50 Credits

Artifact Description:
    artisan-crafted boxes.
    - When attached to an artisan-created box, any item placed in the box disappears.
    parties!

Dropped Description: A Great Rune of Contained Dimensional Instability lies here 
    on the ground.
    Extended Description:

********************************************************************************

No. Shaddus is incorrect. You have to shake it and get random items out. Which is a pain in the butt if, for example, you decide you wanna put 100 books in there as a personal library.
    Moi said:
    Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:
    Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:

Cost:
       50 Credits

Artifact Description:
    artisan-crafted boxes.
    parties!

on the ground.
    Extended Description:

No. Shaddus is incorrect. You have to shake it and get random items out. Which is a pain in the butt if, for example, you decide you wanna put 100 books in there as a personal library.
    Well, I wasn't so worried about the shaking part as the possibility of making a jewelrybox permanent.
  • Aeldra said:
    One thing I'm kind of starting to miss by now is the wayfaire. Isn't this about the time that it usually arrives? Beast addict and all.
    Also, when can we get chocolate body parts? Pls 2 b trick or treating.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited October 2017
    Versalean said:
    Q: How do you pronounce the word Czigany?
    A: (Because, ya'know, if I'd just done HELP CZIGANY I wouldn't have had to post at all!) "Home to a wandering troupe of performers known as the Czigany (pronounced: Tsee-gaw-knee)"
  • edited October 2017
    Does anyone have the original file of Caffrey's full realm map? The one on the site isn't any good/poor blurry resolution.

Found it on google. https://www.lusternia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/full-realm-map.png

@Ianir Maybe the one on the site can redirect to that link instead of the smaller one?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Orventa said:
    Does anyone have the original file of Caffrey's full realm map? The one on the site isn't any good/poor blurry resolution.

Found it on google. https://www.lusternia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/full-realm-map.png

@Ianir Maybe the one on the site can redirect to that link instead of the smaller one?
    There is a link right above the thumbnail of the smaller map titled "FULL REALM MAP - ORIGINAL RESOLUTION".
  • edited October 2017
    @Maylea But if you click through to it and then click again to enlarge it isn't big enough. This is where it links to https://www.lusternia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/full-realm-map-784x1024.png

I see it now, but why not just link the thumbnail to the original resolution image instead of having a separate link? ^^; 

It doesn't seem intuitive that the text is a link without the old school hyperlink underlining or a change in color on mouseover, since most people go for clicking/poking at/on images nowadays >.>

• My question WAS going to be 'Can you influence admin-possessed mobs?' but I got that one so never mind
  • edited October 2017
    Is it still possible to path walk with a room number?
  • Do curios apply to your total credit value? I.e. your retirement value?

If so, are there any exceptions?
    come2mag
  • Tynghall said:
    Do curios apply to your total credit value? I.e. your retirement value?

If so, are there any exceptions?
    No. Also no.
    Rolsand said:
    Is it still possible to path walk with a room number?
    Yes. PATH TRACK <number> is the new syntax.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is there a cool new beast at the Wayfaire this year? Also, have I missed it already?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."