General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Is it lupus?
  • Ejderha said:
    If my life were a TV show, it would be the start of an episode of House, M.D. where none of my doctors can seem to figure out why I am in severe pain. 
    Except IRL if doctors can't figure something out they tend to outright dismiss stuff as being all in your head, rather than obsess about the mysterious puzzle you are. Never be afraid to seek out a second, third, or fourth opinion.

Best wishes, hope whatever's wrong is a short problem!

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited September 2017
    Ejderha said:
    If my life were a TV show, it would be the start of an episode of House, M.D. where none of my doctors can seem to figure out why I am in severe pain. 
    Do... do you need mouse bites to live?
    https://imgur.com/lcusSFV
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    SNES Classic is out today. No chance I’ll ever lay eyes on one.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sylandra said:
    This is probably my issue more than anything else, but I really don't get on with the person in charge of overseeing some paperwork I need to file, and it's making me resent every little change I have to make to stuff.

Nice person, just. Kind of. Condescending. Ugh. Why do you make it so hard for me to want to improve my stuff??
    Feedback: This is too long of an explanation. Also, add this information.

Me: Okay, I'll try to cut some existing stuff and add the stuff you want.

Feedback: No, no, I want more about this specific type of thing! I have these specific concerns!

Me: ...Um, okay, I'll add more?

Me: :|

Did I mention I don't enjoy working with this person.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Daraius said:
    To be fair, most of the people who order one won't either
  • Daraius said:
    I got to see the box as it was sold to other people. And then they sold out.
  • considering the bait and switch they pulled with the Snes mini console...
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2017
    :( as of the time of this message, at least 58 dead and 400 injured. It is pretty much officially the worst shooting in US history.  Such a tragic and utterly pointless waste of life.  The gunman supposedly had close to TWENTY fully automatic weapons where he was found and had shot himself.

Dearly hoping none of our fellow Lusternians were in or near the area and prayers are with those that are fighting for their lives in hospital.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Huge swathes of northern Santa Rosa, CA, the town where I grew up, are burning down. The hospital where I do my clinicals has been evacuated (as has the other hospital in the region). The area around my old high school is burning. I live an hour away from there now, but I can still smell the smoke and ash when I go outside.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I'm slowly beginning to panic since I've been searching for a place for over a month now, my job starts on 1. 11., I've contacted over 100 ads...and only got three casting invitations so far (with two negative replies and one very likely negative one). Munich is after all Germany's most expensive city with very limited living space <.< The only ads where I might have a chance are those with perverts or the ones with even more astronomical rent (700€ for 10 m²)...and I want neither.

Also, why do people want my Xing and LinkedIn profiles on the application? I get why they'd want Facebook and Instagram so they could check on their future flatmates....but why the business stuff when I could just send them a copy of my contract as proof that I'm solvent?

I'll probably have to spend my first months in an Airbnb...
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    My cat finished dying. Probably good that it is over. But she was ancient I've been with her for almost all of my life. So it's also kind of  terrible that it is over.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited October 2017
    Thyelleia said:
    I'm slowly beginning to panic since I've been searching for a place for over a month now, my job starts on 1. 11., I've contacted over 100 ads...and only got three casting invitations so far (with two negative replies and one very likely negative one). Munich is after all Germany's most expensive city with very limited living space <.< The only ads where I might have a chance are those with perverts or the ones with even more astronomical rent (700€ for 10 m²)...and I want neither.

Also, why do people want my Xing and LinkedIn profiles on the application? I get why they'd want Facebook and Instagram so they could check on their future flatmates....but why the business stuff when I could just send them a copy of my contract as proof that I'm solvent?

I'll probably have to spend my first months in an Airbnb...
    Nothing wrong with an AirBnB.  I've been living in one for the past month or so now that has been set up as a hostel style setting, paying around $20 a night, which is fairly reasonable when you consider how expensive rent is in Los Angeles.  Do some shopping around.

EDIT:  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15247100?location=Munich&check_in=2017-11-01&check_out=2017-12-01&s=t7vk08h2&guests=1&adults=1  Costs EUR537 for 1 month.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2017
    removed.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Hoping @Estarra isn't too badly affected by the fires in North California and that other people in the San Rafael/San Alto areas are safe...

• The sky is red and black outside in the south of England.

The end of civilisation may be upon us.

Its a little scary
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everyone else got the orange Fallout New Vegas filter on their skybox this morning while the Sun looked like it came from Tatooine.

Meanwhile in Cumbria we got sun hidden behind the clouds and a green Fallout 3 skybox instead. Also my bin has fallen over and is somewhere down the street.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited October 2017
    Baby due in 22 days.
    Work performance review in 26 days...
    Ineligible for paternity leave................

#nuffsed
  • They can't push it up or push it back?
  • Had a few really good months, but anxiety is like, "Hey, remember me?"

Also just all kinds of tiny, insignificant irritations that are all contributing to me just not having a good time.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Third day straight of 100F temperatures. It is almost November.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Heartburn!  So I ate some middle eastern food, and then had two citrus-y cookies.  Big deal, says brain.  Chest says, "You earned this, you dumb bastard."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    My pumpkin lost the work contest. It was all white and decorated in orange, black, and polka dot paper flowers. Very tasteful. 

A straight man judged. Naturally I lost. Heteros!
  • Should show them the  other pumpkin