QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's the most metal thing ever.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Goon Chirbi Faefyre, the Barker says, "Gesticulation is the most formidable pyromancer ability."

• Haha yea insanity can pick random items to talk to you and well yea you can make an infinite painting of a painting of a painting.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Somewhere out there is Pectus' painting of a nude Lord Eventru. I'm waiting for it to talk to someone.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I used to have a painting that was almost that long
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    (p) < [ex][10] | [6800|100h] [9300|100m] [7300e|100e] | [0 esteem] | [85593369] | []."mend pouch
    This piece of clothing is beyond the point of further mending.
    (p) < [ex][10] | [6800|100h] [9300|100m] [7300e|100e] | [0 esteem] | [85593369] | []."

Wow, it seems that even with shears, there is a physical limit as to how many times an item can be mended.  Time to stash it in my shop unless I need it.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Veyils said:
    Haha yea insanity can pick random items to talk to you and well yea you can make an infinite painting of a painting of a painting.

It makes me want to fill my stockroom with objects that are going to confuse people on Astral.
  • edited September 2017
    Kagato said:
    (p) < [ex][10] | [6800|100h] [9300|100m] [7300e|100e] | [0 esteem] | [85593369] | []."mend pouch
    (p) < [ex][10] | [6800|100h] [9300|100m] [7300e|100e] | [0 esteem] | [85593369] | []."

Wow, it seems that even with shears, there is a physical limit as to how many times an item can be mended.  Time to stash it in my shop unless I need it.
    Tawdry clothes can't usually be mended again. I'm not an expert on the system, but I do mend for lots of tawdry things to sell. Bags are a weird limbo state for mending I've found. Each time I mend a bag, I only get one month of usability instead of the usual 20ish. That means you can get in more mends past tawdry than on regular clothing, but it also means I've never been able to get a tawdry bag with more than 25 months until decay. I haven't done TOO much experimenting on it because that many mends just isn't frugal if it doesn't even have enough months to be sellable. I've never found a backpack that can be mended, so all containers seem to behave strangely!
  • Chirbi said:
    Kagato said:

Tawdry clothes can't usually be mended again. I'm not an expert on the system, but I do mend for lots of tawdry things to sell. Bags are a weird limbo state for mending I've found. Each time I mend a bag, I only get one month of usability instead of the usual 20ish. That means you can get in more mends past tawdry than on regular clothing, but it also means I've never been able to get a tawdry bag with more than 25 months until decay. I haven't done TOO much experimenting on it because that many mends just isn't frugal if it doesn't even have enough months to be sellable. I've never found a backpack that can be mended, so all containers seem to behave strangely!
    It's not actually related to the tawdry thing. Each craft item (except splendours) has a limited number of repairs that can be done to it. Once you meet or exceed this, it prevents it.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I have a satchel and a pouch that are at squalid prestige (as low as it can get, given that they are also listed as 'a pathetic (item)', I'm guessing), but now that they can not be mended any further, I need to take care to store them somewhere that they won't decay whenever I'm not using them.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • (Market): Drauzgot says, "Seeking male for unromantic bonds of matrimony to further the n'Kylbar bloodline."
  • WOuld be more amusing if Rowena had done the slow clap....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tully's Original Golden Broom descends, resting on a golden disc of pure light.

You peer at Tully's Original Golden Broom unscrupulously.

p broom
    Smoothed wood of the finest grain, a warm, honey-coloured gold, forms the staff of this brilliant 
    and precious broom. Intricate whorls and swirls flow elegantly with the natural feel of the broom, 
    reaching from the rounded top down to the base, which slips perfectly into the top of the broom 
    itself. Hundreds of soft, silk-smooth golden bristles have been bound together to create this 
    broom's head, held only by thin twine, glowing the same soft yellow as the broom. A strange, quiet 
    air hangs about the broom, lending a feeling of quiet certainty and duty to its rich features.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It has the following aliases: broom.

With your mighty index finger extended, you poke Tully's Original Golden Broom.

You pick up Tully's Original Golden Broom.

Kistan n'Kylbar says, "That is following me."
  • Jal Czigany, the Wanderer descends, resting on a golden disc of pure light.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • I got a laugh out of that when we were doing that
  • Your masochistic tendencies go into remission.
    Andraste holds an icy blue heart-shaped candy in one hand and displays it for all to see, then suddenly tosses it into the air where it disappears from sight. Andraste laughs madly as you suddenly realize that an icy blue heart-shaped candy is in your mouth and involuntarily swallow.
    As you chew and swallow on an icy blue heart-shaped candy you are overwhelmed with the taste of chocolate and vanilla swirl, intermingled with sugar and a warm, comforting feeling as you swallow. Suddenly your whole world takes on an icy blue tint, though it soon fades away, a sense of warmth and protection lingering long after.
    An ecstatic Moi exclaims, "Spoon Me!!"

You wrap Andraste in your arms from behind and snuggle up against her comfortably.

Andraste is blown, flailing, out of the tree.