Vae Victis! A Roman Mafia Game. CLODIUS AND EMPERORS WIN!

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    That leaves me, Sylandra, Ordassa, Ess, Vatul, and Yasei. If we take the suspected ones off of the list, that leaves Ess, Ordassa, myself, and Sylandra. We all agree that Shaddus is a safe lynch, but I think we (or at least the people who are good at questioning and digging) should further investigate the last four I mentioned, and since that includes me I'll go ahead and say that I am unable to either support or block conspiracies.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Conspiracies, Crisis, whatever word is supposed to go there.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't think you folks get it. I'M THE TOWN INVESTIGATOR, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO LYNCH ME. Yarith is some kind of third party investigator that got lucky on his first night, and is using it to keep himself alive and get rid of pivotal roles. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have outed Ushaara. I get it. But my role doesn't say whether he's town or not, only what his role's power is. I'd rather prove I'm safe and possibly out a fellow townie -or- out a third party than get lynched just because I didn't instantly jump on the Sidd-Train with Yarith.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I think Yarith is part of a Christian Cult. The first night, I had someone wielding a cross following me, and if there's a third party, that's probably it. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Who did you investigate Night 1 and why did you investigate me last night?

(your account of Night 1 sounds like you were tracked by Theodosius)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shaddus said:
    I think Yarith is part of a Christian Cult. The first night, I had someone wielding a cross following me, and if there's a third party, that's probably it. 
    Please direct yourself to Vivet's death message. I think you and I were both targeted by her.
    I don't think you folks get it. I'M THE TOWN INVESTIGATOR, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO LYNCH ME. Yarith is some kind of third party investigator that got lucky on his first night, and is using it to keep himself alive and get rid of pivotal roles. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have outed Ushaara. I get it. But my role doesn't say whether he's town or not, only what his role's power is. I'd rather prove I'm safe and possibly out a fellow townie -or- out a third party than get lynched just because I didn't instantly jump on the Sidd-Train with Yarith.
    I find this vanishingly unlikely.

If you were the town investigator, then yesterday, you would have immediately voted Yarith for being Consigliere--you'd know he was not the town investigator, because you were that role.

If Yarith was a third party investigator, he would know outing his investigative abilities would bring the attention of the real town investigator on him, and he would have kept silent. If Yarith was third party, he would hypothetically have no vested interest in getting rid of mafia, and would keep his mouth shut for that reason.

You sound more and more guilty to me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Vote Count
    Sylandra(1)
    Shaddus 4-Yarith, Ess, Sylandra, Arix
    12 Players remain! 7 Votes required to lynch!
    One less vote to lynch Sylandra!
    Day 3 ends at 12:30 PM EST on November 3rd!

"Pomona loves the orchard;
    And Liber loves the vine;
    And Pales loves the straw-built shed
    Warm with the breath of kine;
    And Venus loves the whispers
    Of plighted youth and maid,
    In April's ivory moonlight
    Beneath the chestnut shade.

But thy father loves the clashing
    Of broadsword and of shield:
    He loves to drink the steam that reeks
    From the fresh battlefield:
    He smiles a smile more dreadful
    Than his own dreadful frown,
    When he sees the thick black cloud of smoke
    Go up from the conquered town."

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, The Prophecy of Capys

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well, if we lynch Shaddus, that'll tell us what Yarith is. Given that Yarith gave us Sidd, it's probably the safest bet. 

I'd like to know who Shaddus investigated the first night, and a bit more detail on his name/role/whatever. 

Though I will debunk Sylandra's argument.

Not jumping on Yarith is not suspicious. It'd be signing his own death certificate, and putting the town at a disadvantage if, in fact, he is the town investigator. It was a safer play to see how the Sidd call played out, continue to gather information, and play his hand when it was more advantageous. Including, even, investigating Yarith.

Yarith, if he were not town, could very safely rely on the Sidd call to sway the town in his favor. He would've had enough clout to survive an additional day and take Shaddus down in the meantime. Advantage in the long run for whatever group Yarith was hypothetically part of. 

I  investigated Cyndarin the first night.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I mean, I'm willing to trust where the evidence lies. Beyond Yarith delivering us a solid lead on scum, Shaddus also loosely tried to defend Sidd's Nero claim yesterday. He's also been a bit sloppy covering up his tracks today (supposedly a miller and the town investigator?). So, Proscribe Shaddus

I think Ushaara brings up a good point, regarding narrowing down the field in accordance with the crisis participation. Something to keep tabs on as we get more information.
  • UNPROSCRIBE SHADDUS
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    (Thx for letting me stay lazy with early elimination, GO TOWN)
    Arix said:
    UNPROSCRIBE SHADDUS
    You gonna elaborate on this, or?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm becoming less sure of Shaddus as a rebel so I'm backing off a bit
  • Though having said that I am curious as to why Ushaara was worth investigating
    Vote Count
    Sylandra(1)
    Shaddus 4-Yarith, Ess, Sylandra, Kaimanahi

Ushaara was literally a random choice, casting out a net to try and catch a rebel. 
    I want to test Shaddus's claim. What's my power? You don't need to be vague, I'm not concerned about keeping it hidden.
    You're able to issue an edict. I'll leave it at that, unless you really want me to expound on what I learned.
    Well, his power checks out.
  • I do not have any night powers.

I wish I could have acted to save us

As for Cicero, he was the one that defeated the catiline conspiracy in history which is why I mentioned him and thought that if someone was weakened by it, it might be Cicero. Apparently not!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
    Proscribe Shaddus

While it was an entertaining counter-claim, I don't buy it. I think you were my sharing my role because you knew Yarith had investigated you and you were unlikely to survive the day.

Yarith's likely role and how it fits his power is also more believable than you being Nerva.
    Vote Count
    Sylandra(1)
    Shaddus 5-Yarith, Ess, Sylandra, Kaimanahi, Ushaara

Has @Vatul posted today?
    Daraius said:
  • Arix said:
    I'm lost to why I am second most likely to be rebel scum.
    Think he was just naming people he considered low-activity in no particular order
    Oh.

I've been moderately quiet due to most of my ideas being expressed by others. That and I don't want to faux paus and be targetted. I'm hoping to ride it out to the end since I have no fun power to play with.
  • not that I can see, I checked back to be sure

Arix said:
    I'm lost to why I am second most likely to be rebel scum.
    Think he was just naming people he considered low-activity in no particular order
    Oh.

I've been moderately quiet due to most of my ideas being expressed by others. That and I don't want to faux paus and be targetted. I'm hoping to ride it out to the end since I have no fun power to play with.
    I understand why you feel that way! But truthfully, talking and working through information during the day is in the Town's best interest, always. It gives us something to consider and look at when determining our votes. Unfortunately, while the instinct to lay low seems safe, it actually makes you more of a virtual unknown and therefore more suspicious to other players - and if you're town, this includes your teammates!

At the very least, I encourage you to try to vote and explain your reasoning for your votes. Or comment on the lynch trains around you and why you're not comfortable joining in on them. Mafia is a game about interactions with other people. Sometimes even a vanilla townie can do a great job just by being vocal and involved. Doesn't take a power, after all, to debunk a bluff, or to point out you think someone has been acting in town's interest or against it! :)
    Daraius said:
    (And if you agree with some ideas being posted, say so! And point out which ones in particular, and why.)
    Daraius said:
  • I think, even if it may seem completely mundane, declaring that nothing shifty seems to have happened to you in the prior night is actually a big benefit for town when backtracking, and the information is free. This is particularly useful with a delayed kill such as an arsonist (not that you have to, or always should, open the day by saying 'nothing/something happened to me last night'.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that more information is better. The more information and opinion you have the easier it is to prune out misinformation and spot potential lapses in judgment.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it