Vae Victis! A Roman Mafia Game. CLODIUS AND EMPERORS WIN!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Kaimanahi said:
    And yeah, I'm not sure about the kill fluff in this game. Previously we saw:
    N1 Makaela - decapitated
    N1 Dys - stabbed in the back
    N2 Vivet - decapitated
    N3 Sylandra - mobbed?

The inconsistency is a bit puzzling. Though also perhaps to consider is that Sylandra had some supposed odd interactions this game. Maybe this was a rouse, but she claimed to have experienced jeering by angry peasants on Night 1. Then she claimed she saw a cross shining down on her another time. Maybe there's not much to make out of that, but, if anyone has seen anything similarly, that may be cause for concern.
    This may be a crazy conspiracy theory on my part, but her role has an emphasis on fire and she was the first to be roasted alive. So maybe it's possible she arsoned herself after Shaddus got ganked to ensure she was victorious. She's wiley, I wouldn't put it past her.

The only weird part is she technically didn't burn alive.
    I shouldn't say she was roasted alive, her corpse was cooked.
  • Cyndarin said:
    Ess said:

I brought peace and stability and am popular with the people and those that hold the reins of power. As such I can once ever ask for them to throw their weight behind my vote.

Explain this. Does this mean you have double vote weight?
    Once only
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    My initial thought on Sylandra's death was a delayed kill. Jeered by mob on N1, killed by mob few days later. Unsure as to whether this would be a weird vigilante mechanic or a mafia hit though :/

Seems to have been a 1-shot though, given that no-one else has been jeered?
  • Could be a sort of... poisonesque effect?
    Ess said:
    Cyndarin said:
    Ess said:

I brought peace and stability and am popular with the people and those that hold the reins of power. As such I can once ever ask for them to throw their weight behind my vote.

Explain this. Does this mean you have double vote weight?
    Once only
    I call shenanigans!

I am an emperor of rome and a member of the town. My sole power is to issue an edict that will double my vote count once. Ess is claiming an identical power, which would make Ess an identical role to myself, town with one shot double vote weight.

I think that very unlikely.

Proscribe: Ess
    I'll likely vote Ess when I wake up tomorrow or after everyone's checked in, but reading Sylandra's role again, think the delayed kill by mob thing I suggested above is bogus.

Her carcass being burnt is her own followers cremating her following her death. If any of us had voted for her, we'd have been caught up by the mob too.

So the death seems to be due to her name being snuck onto the proscribe list, which I'm thinking is vigilante?
  • Checking in, not leaving. Did anyone hear people talking in the night phase? 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    We no longer need any replacement players. Yasei will not get modkilled at the end of the day.

Vote Count
    Ess 1-Cyndarin
    9 Players remain! 5 Votes required to lynch!
    Day 4 ends at 6:30 PM EST on November 5th!

What race of men is this? What land is so barbarous as to allow this custom?
    Virgil, Aeneid, 1.539-1.540

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • in what way?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I am also an emperor with a once only power, involving votes, so while I don't see a similar role impossible I agree with Cyndarin re: double role.

Proscribe: Ess

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Vote Count
    Ess 2-Cyndarin, Tremula

Virgil, Aeneid, 1.539-1.540

• Alas, I missed my prediction. I feel that it's safe for me to say that I investigated Yasei and they turned up as a loyal emperor. 

I feel like it's an okay gambit to eliminate Ess. We have the tools in place to react accordingly should it appear that they are not rebel/third party. If it turns out that Ess is, in fact, town, we can turn back and eliminate Cyndarin/Tremula. 

I will spend a moment to mull over it a little further, however, before I contribute my vote. I'm leaning towards Cyndarin.

However, a lot of you are putting forward day-only powers, which seems to be contrarian to the design of the crisis system. I'll mull on this too a little bit and bring back my thoughts after a mug of coffee.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I suppose Yarith's power had a flavour text and that's what I read in my message
  • Yarith apparently gets people drunk
  • I find it odd that @Cyndarin claims the same power as me once I have revealed it.

I note @Cyndarin votes reluctantly and last so perhaps throws a colleague off the cliff to save themselves

I note that @Cyndarin is also on Yarith's list and the name gets ever closer to the top

Proscribe: Cyndarin

but eyes up Tremula suspiciously for throwing other names out there to deflect @Yarith's list earlier
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • I'm not entirely convinced by the current play of the events today, but I've been leaning towards Ess being a third party member for a while, personally. 

I'm still uncertain regarding the triple all day voting powers between Cyndarin, Ess, and Tremula and I definitely think suspicion lies there. 

I also do not know how I feel about Kaimanahi at all, and Vatul has been allowed to lurk in the shadows for a while now.

Reconsidering Ushaara's crisis list, the undeclared members were Sylandra, Cyndarin, Arix, Tremula, Ordassa, Vatul, and Yasei.

Yasei turned up positive for me for being town. Sylandra has no reason to contribute to the crisis win condition. Ordassa was a member of the town and couldn't have worked against us in the crisis. Judging by what Arix just said, I'm inclined to believe he is also town and is accounted for during the crisis phase. 

The only people who could have acted for the crisis that night to support the crisis (and attack Vivet) is between Cyndarin, Tremula, Ess, and Vatul. 

Tl;dr Cyndarin, Tremula, Ess, and Vatul are the only logical options that I can see as being mafia members/malignant 3p forwarding the crisis from the first crisis phase. Kaimanahi may or may not be mafia/3p, but they could not have advanced the crisis or killed from behind Hadrian's wall, when we know at least two of the above acted malignantly.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Holding off the proscribe for just a bit longer in case of a snipe, probably will proscribe Ess shortly. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Perhaps I could offer a pragmatic solution?

Give @Cyndarin an opportunity to prove that they have the double vote.

For Rome, I will stick my head on the block on 4 votes.

If Cyndarin does not then force the vote to finality, the Cyndarin is thrown to the coliseum floor top protect himself with a knife against a lion 

If somebody takes the opportunity to snipe me, I trust Rome will run red with their blood

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • I would rather not linger there too long though
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    @Ess Why haven't you demonstrated your own double vote on Cyndarin? You're pretty much at last-ditch defense stage already.
    Anyway, while Kaimanahi pointed out that the deaths have been hard to attribute (especially with the crisis mechanic), we did see the decapitation accompanied by pillaging twice and the night you're blocked is the first time we don't see it.

But, the seeming lack of a rebel kill last night is also strange. Possible they double targeted Sylandra or hit someone with an immunity. They didn't initiate a crisis though and it's hard to imagine they chose not to kill since they're down two members already.

@Vatul any input?
  • My double vote would be wasted at the moment.

Now if you put Cyndarin up on 4 votes, I would be happy to demonstrate my power
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • Honestly, that sounds like a way to coax out Cyndarin's power and expend it. I'm not sure how I feel about the scenario, but I want to wait for Vatul's input before I proscribe.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Well @Yarith, I would be very dead if it were true!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • Yet I am confident it is not and so am happy to step forward and let the lack of truth speak for itself.

If you are willing to push Cyndarin to 4 votes, i will of course have no regrets in demonstrating mine on the conniver
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Okay, well I think I've heard enough to proscribe Ess unless Vatul provides new info.

However, one other speculative possibility to explain these three-way, vote-related powers might be the success of the Catiline conspiracy. The public vote reduction was quite weak by itself, but could be much stronger with a double vote or execution power, especially if it had been used in an end-game scenario. So someone could now be claiming such a bonus power as their only power.
    Vote Count
    Ess 2-Cyndarin, Tremula
    Cyndarin 1-Ess

Virgil, Aeneid, 1.539-1.540v

Ess said:
    Perhaps I could offer a pragmatic solution?

Give @Cyndarin an opportunity to prove that they have the double vote.

For Rome, I will stick my head on the block on 4 votes.

If Cyndarin does not then force the vote to finality, the Cyndarin is thrown to the coliseum floor top protect himself with a knife against a lion 

If somebody takes the opportunity to snipe me, I trust Rome will run red with their blood

I'm inclined to let you keep digging your own grave, but I wanted to address this.

You'll note that I never accused you of lying about your power. What I said, and did so specifically and on purpose, is that I don't believe you and I are identical roles in that we are both town and have a double vote power. 

That is to say, I find it unlikely that you are both town and have a double vote power as I do. I don't believe you are town, I believe you can prove your power. It's among the most impotent if powers in mafia games and not town specific like a doctor, for example. We can blow our powers on each other to no effect. Neither has proven allegiance, which is why I find this proposal rather odd and comical. 

What I will do is claim!

I am Domitian! Emperor of Rome and last of the Flavian Dynasty. I withdrew all decision making authority from the aristocrats and the Senate. Such is where my EDICT power comes from. I dispense with the pleasantries and make decisions on my own. 
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Yarith said:

Judging by what Arix just said, I'm inclined to believe he is also town and is accounted for during the crisis phase. 

I must have missed it; what did Arix just say? That you get people drunk?
  • Yes.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it