Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Is fine wine a thing in Lusty? Would be an amazing feature if not!
  • Versalean said:
    Is fine wine a thing in Lusty? Would be an amazing feature if not!
    Brewmeisters can mull wine, if that's what you mean? Whether it's considered "fine" will have to be established by the players :wink:
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I would love for the merchant's ledger at least getting access to your own cities comm shop prices. I just got this thing in hopes it'd solve me a lot of running around, but actually this is, personally, a little underwhelming as you can't even see all villages at once, which would be my second suggesting for this little artifact.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2017
    Isune said:
    Versalean said:
    Is fine wine a thing in Lusty? Would be an amazing feature if not!
    Brewmeisters can mull wine, if that's what you mean? Whether it's considered "fine" will have to be established by the players :wink:
    Perhaps the cities/communes need to establish a wine-tasting event...
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Bump. Especially for personal utility.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos said:
    1) WONDER*ITEM* TRANSFORM FORCE.  Cost: 3 credits.  Resets the timer on being able to transform your wonderitem again (as if a new day had passed).  Essentially zimoru for wonderitems.

2) A neverending syringe of zimoru.  Change this to be 1x per IC day (RL hour- same as wonderitems).

3) A gnomish time-lapse camera.  This camera has two effects.
    a) You can use it on a player, character, or object to generate a sketch (same as if you had paper and coal).
    b) You can use it on a wonderitem or beast with a separate command, CAMERA NEGATIVE *TARGET* and it will create an internal imprint of what the description / variables for that item are at that given point.  It will remember this negative for that specific object until you replace it with a newer negative.  If you then CAMERA PROJECT *TARGET* it will restore whatever variables it has remembered for the target onto that specific object.
    - It should be able to remember 1 negative for each wonderitem, and 1 negative for a beast (taking the negative of a different beast will switch to that one instead).

Basically the camera would allow you to save the appearance that you like the most, and then keep rolling to see if you can get something better.  If you can't, you can always go back to what you liked.

Might actually encourage more zimoru use if you know you're not potentially stuck with something you hate, too!

Xenthos said:
    Artifact that allows us to cure any plague (even newly discovered ones, once their introduction event is done).  100cr to 250cr.

Add a ranged upgrade that combines with Beast Delivery.  Your beast will deliver and inject the cure to anyone they would be able to make a normal delivery to.  500cr.  Maybe let it work with dirigibles/zeppelins/couriers too?

Obviously the cure arty can't have a cooldown on usage or it would be useless (cure one person in a room of five and they will be reinfected before the cooldown fires) but this at least gives orgs without access to whatever The One Specific Cure That Is The Only Thing For This Specific Plague Variant to at least do something.
    @Ianir

I'd really love the first one, too!
  • edited October 2017
    A spice rack curio holder like the dollhouse made for holding all the cooking spices curio bottles that you can anchor to your manse if you so choose. And that you can still use 'sprinkle _ over -' with like a bandolier.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • MoiMoi
    edited October 2017
    Portius said:
    I like teleport artis, like the Compass of the Basin. Maybe check to see if there's another set of prime areas that are worth attaching to an artifact for convenience?
    N: Clarramore
    NE: Mt. Krog
    E: i'Xiia
    SE: Feyranti Bloodmines
    S: Duum
    SW: Zoaka Temple
    W: Meliashmora
    NW: Plaxios Lowlands

• An unlucky copper coin

Allows you to KARMA BURN <BLESSING> without being at the (or any) seal.
  • Coin of the Nemesis (500cr)

When you toss this coin, if it lands showing Shikari's face, your nemesis is in the realms (i.e., logged in). If it lands showing Maylea, they are not. If the coin spins, your nemesis is in your area. Does not trigger any warning skills. Your nemesis may be reset once per year or within one minute of your killing them.

Syntax: COIN TOSS; COIN ATTUNE <nemesis>

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Moi said:
    Portius said:
    I like teleport artis, like the Compass of the Basin. Maybe check to see if there's another set of prime areas that are worth attaching to an artifact for convenience?
    N: Clarramore
    NE: Mt. Krog
    E: i'Xiia
    SE: Feyranti Bloodmines
    S: Duum
    SW: Zoaka Temple
    W: Meliashmora
    NW: Plaxios Lowlands

Need to replace at least one of these with the Waste Storage Facility (probably Asylum) and then I'd be interested in it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Orb of Good Intentions: 50 credits.

Imbue into a manse room, and it is gone. Manse room is permanently peaced.

Orb of the Naughty Loboshigaru (ok, needs a better name): 75 credits. Imbue into a manse room, and it is gone. Manse room inhabitants are treated as if they have a gem of cloaking, and cannot hear or speak on any aether. Requires masochism, and losing masochism causes effects to drop for one minute after regaining masochism.

Gnomish Healer's Kit: 150 dingbats. Wearers can raise a single aura upon themselves (per the Healing Skillset). Wearers who already have Healing find that their auras last 50% longer, and that they can raise an additional aura.

Robe of Many Colors: 250 credits.

Nondecay, same armor rating as robes. Wearers can touch them to (give them a customised appearance designed by their deity) or (transform like a wonderitem in appearance), whichever the admin like more.

Zingavium Plate: same as above but plate stats.

A shrunken orclach head: 75 dingbats. Sneezes or makes some sort of sign when a personal enemy speaks your name out loud or on an aether.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

A shrunken orclach head: 75 dingbats. Sneezes or makes some sort of sign when a personal enemy speaks your name out loud or on an aether.
    I love all of your ideas! Slight bit of feedback on the head:

This artefact is great fun until your enemy learns that you have it and then writes a script to speak your name ever five seconds (#mko4lyfe). So it needs a cooldown or an off switch!
  • Versalean said:
    Shaddus said:

I love all of your ideas! Slight bit of feedback on the head:

This artefact is great fun until your enemy learns that you have it and then writes a script to speak your name ever five seconds (#mko4lyfe). So it needs a cooldown or an off switch!
    An easy way to turn it off would be to just have it not emote or whatever if it's in a container. Makes sense, easy to use, intuitive (Maybe it still does whatever it's doing, but you can't see it.). Artifacts inside bags and things you're holding don't (seem to) pop out of them when they reset.
  • Coin of Death (1000cr)

Either kills you, or kills your target.

Cooldown: 1 day

Syntax: TOSS <coin> AT <target>
  • A couple of old ones that I still think would be great:

My personal favorite, Korue's Calling Card:
    Korue's Calling Card (250cr): Must LOAD CARD WITH X GOLD and then ACTIVATE CARD (can DEACTIVATE CARD as well). As long as the card is active and has enough funds, Korue will send an assistant to tend to your ur'traps as soon as they're ready, sending any released items directly to your rift or inventory, refilling the trap's bait and reactivating it. Deducts the following funds for each tending of a trap:
    • 500 gold for the visit itself plus,
    • 100 gold for a small creature
    • 250 gold for a large creature
    • 500 gold for a huge creature
    Or something like that. You also get a little message from Korue everytime his assistant has tended to a trap.

amber-banded tongue ring
    an amber-banded tongue ring (25db): Let's you speak the language of a given race, only one is wearable at a time. 

Uses the same color scheme as the race hats and pins. Obviously not all races have racial languages, so limited to just those races. Helps in those unfortunate situations where someone tries to speak to you in the language of your perceived race only to realize that you don't actually speak that language...

wilde/wyrden-wood racial hats (no explanation needed)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Shaddus said:
    Gnomish Healer's Kit: 150 dingbats. Wearers can raise a single aura upon themselves (per the Healing Skillset). Wearers who already have Healing find that their auras last 50% longer, and that they can raise an additional aura.
    Trans healers can already radiate 5 different auras if they wish to do so - the only thing that makes it implausible is the constant drain having that many auras up causes.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited October 2017
    Shaddus said:
    Robe of Many Colors: 250 credits.

Nondecay, same armor rating as robes. Wearers can touch them to (give them a customised appearance designed by their deity) or (transform like a wonderitem in appearance), whichever the admin like more.

Zingavium Plate: same as above but plate stats.

These seem like a lesser aethersuits for pretty much the same price? 

Transformation aside, of course.
  • Aetheric Peephole (200db)

Must be used from the fulcrux(?) room of an aethermanse. Permanently updates the manse room, and disappears. You can now PEEP to look out of the aethermanse and into the room it is linked to (e.g., Portals room/aetherplex).
  • Yarith said:
    Beast mature -oru.
    How about the opposite as well, something that unmatures your beast and turns it back into an egg/cub/whatever.
  • edited October 2017
    Algorinthine Anchor (500db)
    Allows you to make an aethermanse entrance anywhere*.

*Obviously not in enemy territory etc.
  • How about one of these Tongue Stud artefacts that strips the drunk filter from your tells?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Diadem of the Enigmatic Flow: Flow gain balance from drinking is cut by 33%. Chance of malus from Chaotic reduced by 1/3 current chance 

Medal of Tzaraziko: wearing this medal gives an additional 50% to your cap on Eflow, to 150%. Any extra above 100% when you leave the realm is lost.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • They seem a bit strong. Flow is like power in being a limited resource and balanced around that power cap.

It'd be like an artifact that boosts your active power to 15 or something, just sounds too good.
  • Level 2 banner which lets you bear standard like a warrior.

So you can have bear flag for under 80s and bear standard for everyone.
  • edited November 2017
    A Slimey Aethergear
    APPLY TO AETHERGEAR to ensure the metallic slugs it fires are the animal type, not bullets.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Veyils said:
    Level 2 banner which lets you bear standard like a warrior.

So you can have bear flag for under 80s and bear standard for everyone.
    If arti flags worked like warriors, I'd have been all over them; I have consistently been the tankiest of people I've bashed with. Up to 80 seems like it lasts maybe a week these days, so artifact flags seem really iffy unless you work with a ton of true newbies.