Simple questions?

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Anita said:
    Last year the solstice promo gave coal pieces, if they've already been shaped (little coal boy for ex.) can they still be traded away?
    I don't think you can trade them if they've been shaped. Haven't seen anything like a 'shatter' command.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Curious about the promo mantles: Why only Fire, Excorable and Ice (or did I miss something?)? What proportion of the playerbase has access to those damage types?
  • Fire: Gaudiguch, Celest (Mainly cantors, also Celestines), Moondancers also have a significant attack formula/typing for their direct damage in moonfire. 
    Cold: Celest, Serenwilde, Hallifax
    Excorable: Glomdoring, Magnagora, (I suppose Insitute counts but that's only really for unleash blaster).
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Thanks, that's extremely helpful. Certainly didn't realise that Celest could toss fire damage around. I know as a WW it's poison rather than exco (no clue what Wildewoods are packing), so as much as I love the mantle of despair, mechanically I'm SOL. I wonder how many others have fallen through the cracks, or perhaps it's just a quirk of -woods.
  • edited November 2017
    Versalean said:
    Thanks, that's extremely helpful. Certainly didn't realise that Celest could toss fire damage around. I know as a WW it's poison rather than exco (no clue what Wildewoods are packing), so as much as I love the mantle of despair, mechanically I'm SOL. I wonder how many others have fallen through the cracks, or perhaps it's just a quirk of -woods.
    Wildewood have blunt/magic and blunt/asphyx. HS has blunt/cutting and electric.
    Also, it's Moon that has the attacks so SG should have those available (magic and fire/divinus), similar with EG and night

Isn't it like... Monks, Druids, Woods, Aerochem, Geomancy, Trackers, and City Warriors miss out just off of specs, without enchanted weapons or artifacts? 

Blunt and Cutting seem like they could offer some buff to nearly all of those. Electric could cover Aerochem
  • Saran said:
    Versalean said:
    Thanks, that's extremely helpful. Certainly didn't realise that Celest could toss fire damage around. I know as a WW it's poison rather than exco (no clue what Wildewoods are packing), so as much as I love the mantle of despair, mechanically I'm SOL. I wonder how many others have fallen through the cracks, or perhaps it's just a quirk of -woods.
    Wildewood have blunt/magic and blunt/asphyx. HS has blunt/cutting and electric.
    Also, it's Moon that has the attacks so SG should have those available (magic and fire/divinus), similar with EG and night

Isn't it like... Monks, Druids, Woods, Aerochem, Geomancy, Trackers, and City Warriors miss out just off of specs, without enchanted weapons or artifacts? 

Blunt and Cutting seem like they could offer some buff to nearly all of those. Electric could cover Aerochem
    @Ianir any chance of us seeing extra damage types added?
  • Holy fire, man. You can't be a religious org without righteous flames.

• Just won a czigany curio - sure I have won them before - can you see them? If so, how?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ess said:
    Just won a czigany curio - sure I have won them before - can you see them? If so, how?
    CURIO LIST. CURIO for more commands.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Ess said:
    Just won a czigany curio - sure I have won them before - can you see them? If so, how?
    CURIO LIST. CURIO for more commands.
    For those of us with a million curios, is there any way the new pieces could be listed? 
  • Hello! I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I'm playing a different character right now and can't establish a forum presence under her name. I'd rather interact on the forums with her name (so I can better catch when she's tagged, post things that happen to her if appropriate, etc etc), but when I click to log in with Lusternia under her name, the following happens:

1. It sends me to a page to select her name or "other", then it forces me to put in a password, so I use my game password.
    2. It tells me a password hasn't yet been set up for my account in a red box, and has me click on a link to reset it.
    3. After clicking the link, it has me put in either my email address or my character name. When I put in my email address, the forums send me a few emails linked to characters I've logged onto these forums in the past as (but not my current character) for password reset. When I put in my character, it tells me an email has been sent, but I don't receive an email.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, and what I can do to get logged into the forums as her? Thanks so much!
  • Drysi said:
    Hello! I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I'm playing a different character right now and can't establish a forum presence under her name. I'd rather interact on the forums with her name (so I can better catch when she's tagged, post things that happen to her if appropriate, etc etc), but when I click to log in with Lusternia under her name, the following happens:

1. It sends me to a page to select her name or "other", then it forces me to put in a password, so I use my game password.
    2. It tells me a password hasn't yet been set up for my account in a red box, and has me click on a link to reset it.
    3. After clicking the link, it has me put in either my email address or my character name. When I put in my email address, the forums send me a few emails linked to characters I've logged onto these forums in the past as (but not my current character) for password reset. When I put in my character, it tells me an email has been sent, but I don't receive an email.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, and what I can do to get logged into the forums as her? Thanks so much!
    Message me in game or email support@lusternia.com from an email address linked to the character. It's something we have to fix.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2017
    Yarith said:
    Fire: Gaudiguch, Celest (Mainly cantors, also Celestines), Moondancers also have a significant attack formula/typing for their direct damage in moonfire. 
    Excorable: Glomdoring, Magnagora, (I suppose Insitute counts but that's only really for unleash blaster).
    We do?  I know that STARCALL RADIANCE is 50% Divinus, 50% Lightning damage, but don't know of any skills that we have that inflict fire damage...

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess you could include Cosmicfire, which is 50% magic, 50% fire, but every guardian archetype has access to that.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Yarith said:
    Fire: Gaudiguch, Celest (Mainly cantors, also Celestines), Moondancers also have a significant attack formula/typing for their direct damage in moonfire. 
    We do?  I know that STARCALL RADIANCE is 50% Divinus, 50% Lightning damage, but don't know of any skills that we have that inflict fire damage...

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess you could include Cosmicfire, which is 50% magic, 50% fire, but every guardian archetype has access to that.
    Cantors chord is divinus fire
    edited November 2017
    @Veyils I was referring to @Yarith claiming that Celestines can use Fire damage.  If he wanted to count Cosmicfire, then technically all cities can use fire damage since Celest, Magnagora, Gaudiguch and Hallifax all have guardian classes that can use Cosmicfire.

With the exception of Cosmicfire and Radiance, virtually everything else in the Celestines repetoire is Divinus or generic Magic damage.

• Does anyone have the description of the fortune cookie mantles and the tell styles for each of the studs? I'm super curious.
  • edited November 2017
    Celestines have fire damage in invested the ablaze/fireball invest. You can also use it when bonding with Methrenton via symbol.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited November 2017
    I don't think I've EVER seen the 'flame' investible used in my entire 11 years in the Celestines.

AFAIK it only afflicts with ablaze and doesn't do actual damage beyond the blaze tics, which until the overhaul was cured by sipping frost, making it pretty much a waste of an investible, given that angels are primarily used for their hindering ability, thus the most common investibles used being blackout, recklessness, stupidity and so on.  Also given SWIRLing the cloak applies ablaze to people in the room, makes the investible a bit of a moot point.

• edited November 2017
    Disused != Unavailable

But yes, fire damage is universal to guardians and is particularly important when you consider the viability of meteor which has a buff/resistance threshold at 'max (four)' spheres.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • As a returning someone who is less familiar with the new system :

Where did the bardics & artisanals go and will they return?

As a shopkeeper interested in dressing up newbies and old ones with enchanted garments in one uncomplicated step, which knots are most used or most useful? (Right now I put blunt and cutting protection like in the old times but something tells me it might not be what people use anymore with the new choices.)

•  Where did the bardics & artisanals go and will they return?

New site necessitated taking down the submit forms until a new one is sorted. Bardics, we're looking at a new format for which is what's taking so long right now.
  • @Ianir If I buy an artefact with goop, can I upgrade it with credits? And vice versa?
  • Versalean said:
    @Ianir If I buy an artefact with goop, can I upgrade it with credits? And vice versa?
    Yes, no.
  • Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    @Ianir If I buy an artefact with goop, can I upgrade it with credits? And vice versa?
    Yes, no.
    One more: How do goop-purchased artefacts factor into retirement value?
  • There is a shofa design that requires "aerials" as a design commodity (the anhkoosh shofa). They also required cloud essence so it seemed likely that aerial stalkers corpses was what it referenced. Not the case. Any idea what aerials are?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Bird that you can find in Clarramore.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited November 2017
    @Ianir is there any way that the whole 'people who promote can only promote once per weave' can eventually be relaxed while keeping the 'an individual can only be promoted once per weave' rule? I know some guilds have low numbers of active leaders, or large numbers of people that need promoted
  • Arix said:
    @Ianir is there any way that the whole 'people who promote can only promote once per weave' can eventually be relaxed while keeping the 'an individual can only be promoted once per weave' rule? I know some guilds have low numbers of active leaders, or large numbers of people that need promoted
    We can review this, but I can't make any promises at this time. I'll add it to the agenda.
  • Q: Has the proc rate of czigany coins from urtraps been adjusted during the present promotion?
  • Anyone have a nice IC term for links in help files?