The Midnight Crew Vs. The Felt! A Mobster Mafia. [MAFIA WINS!]

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I don't need more details at present (nobody died so I'm more suspicious of people who might have received a block-type message, but I'm starting to draw more and more firmly towards the mob skipping a night. bloody hell, last game they had those crazy conspiracies, they could have worse this time), @Sidd. If you're sure it went off then it's definitely not an aeon effect like in the Lusternia game, which I'm kinda super grateful for. That was irritating to play against.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I really think it sounds like Sidd survived a kill attempt. That’s my go-to for explanations on why no one died last night. Mafia doesn’t skip out on night 1 lynches.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Kills not lynches. You know what I mean.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    While mafia taking a night off can be a sneaky play to try and frame blocked people, I'd be bit slower in coming to that conclusion. N1 is always a bit of a shot in the dark for blockers/protectors and odds are usually good for a successful mafia kill.

Anyway. I can keep an eye on thread for about 4 more hours but then going incommunicado.
    Would say I think serial killer is currently unlikely also, since the odds of two kills missing is high, unless actually...

@Cyndarin it occurs to me if you were targeted for a bus driver the other person should have a message too, shouldn’t they? No one had copped to that yet. So either you were swapped with someone quiet, or your other instinct is right and you were jailed.

In which case Cyndarin could be either the target for a kill last night, or the killer themselves.

@Cyndarin did you take an action last night successfully?
    Daraius said:
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I assume so. Unfortunately it's hard to say since I didn't take any actions last night. It was a conscious decision to come forward on the chance I was jailed given that no one was killed, and if I was jailed, it was inevitably going to come up.
  • I'm not going to lie, we're not going to get anywhere with this line of thinking. 

I'll preface this with saying that I don't want anyone to reveal anything, I'm certainly not revealing anything at this point, but any blocker/jailer we have knows who they blocked/jailed. 

So at this point, we need some pressure. 

Vote: Arix

Haven't contributed much today and you voted for me, so you're as good a target as any to lay some pressure on.
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see a mad bomber or arsonist with hat bombs from the wiki. Mafia delayed kill?

Thinking through the flavour on Sidd, would that probably be a protector that saved him?
  • Vote Count:
    Arix(1): Sidd

With 12 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

With Mob Mentality in effect, Arix will be lynched at day's end.

Day one ends at 2AM EST on Sunday 11/19, or when majority vote is reached.
  • Does the effect on @Sidd not sound more like a block?

And as nobody died,,,,, Vote:Sidd
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • @Sidd I also voted for you on Day 0 and I came up as clearly being Clover and therefor not as the Mafia.  Are you sure you want to continue down the line of anyone who voted for me must be mafia?

@Ess it does however he stated his night action still went through. Which if that is true is clearly not a block.
  • @Makaela I am happy to withdra it but he does not reveal what his night action was and nobody else noticed anything.

Perhaps a little pressure would get answers?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Ess said:
    Does the effect on @Sidd not sound more like a block?

And as nobody died,,,,, Vote:Sidd
    Sidd says his action went through.
    Daraius said:
  • But not what it was and nothing happened to anyone else
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    May just be a cover, what else could a punch to the gut do? Not vigilante, since he's alive still. 
  • vote SIdd

I agree with Ess that it does sound like Sidd was blocked 
  • How does it sound like a block? My action went through, Celina's confirmed it. 

@Makaela - you are in no way confirmed town, the only thing confirmed is you were lynchproof at least once.  You just jumped on the Clover claim when Tremula offered it up, rather convenient for you. It's enough that I'm not going to vote for you at this point, but not enough to sign you off as not scum.
  • I don't think anyone has actually confirmed your power, which you will not reveal, has gone through except you, have they @Sidd
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • Celina confirmed she was acted on right? I'm the one that acted on her, thus Celina has confirmed I acted last night and was not blocked.
  • Do you get priorities in Mafia, so could it be that you did the bus drive/jail thing and were blocked, but bus driving had higher priority so still worked then the block went off on you?
  • @Sidd , the two things were out there but they were not joined up.

You said you were not revealing anything.

Unvote: Sidd
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • I voted for @Sidd because he threw out the first lolvote in an MM game, which aside from being a silly thing to do in general, was also silly because of the short first night. If someone else had tossed a frivolous vote out there they would have gotten my vote instead.
  • Short first day, rather
  • I've thrown out lolvotes for Cyndarin in Mob Mentality games before, for the record.

Sheesh, if I hadn't have thrown out a lolvote for Cyndarin, you'd have voted for me because I wasn't playing how I usually play!
    Yeah I buy that Sidd acted on Celina last night.

At this point, though, I'm thinking it might be prudent to at least share one thing: @Sidd, did your action in any way prevent Cyndarin from taking a night action? Because if so, that's looking like the best shot at an informed lynch today. Otherwise, we're all taking stabs in the dark.
    Daraius said:
    Also maybe I just don't get Homestuck or whatever, but why are you all so convinced this was a block? Am I missing something? I don't like us acting like things are confirmed when they aren't.

So on that note: If there's a roleblocker in play this really isn't a bad time at all to claim you blocked Sidd, because if you did, and he's lying, then this is a really great thing for town to know.
    Daraius said:
    Dys said:
    Do you get priorities in Mafia, so could it be that you did the bus drive/jail thing and were blocked, but bus driving had higher priority so still worked then the block went off on you?
    I've never seen this happen before, and if so, it really defeats the purpose of blocking. A blocker should be able to block a bus driver in my experience. Unless this game is trippy and sneaky, but I'm going to label it as unlikely.
    Daraius said:
  • No, my action did not prevent Cyndarin from doing anything.
  • I think I've only been in one other MM game, not sure though
  • In any case I reject your pressure and suggest maybe you put your efforts towards finding actual mafia