Simple Ideas

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited November 2017
    Rivius said:
    I know this is a topic discussed before in the past, but I was wondering if we could revisit the possibility of making wands not have to be wielded? It would be a nice QOL change that would prevent warriors, for example, from having to ungrip, wield, use wand, rewield sword, grip. Just less spam and things to keep track of.
    You are wielding:
       shield17575 : a gilded shield depicting the Star of Celest in your left hand.
       symbol126354 : a radiant symbol of love in your right hand.
    You are holding:
    "rod113635"                   the Chromatic Rod of the Avenger (enchanted with icewall)
    "wand79881"                   a wand of veined marble (enchanted with icewall)
    You are wearing:
    Number of matching objects: 2 (out of 201 total)
    You point a wand of veined marble towards the down, and sparks fly out of it.
    An icewall rises up to the down.

And yes that also works to 'rub' when the enchantment is untargeted.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2017
    Can it please be made so that shouts can't be heard in manses?  It feels more a punishment to the rest of the playerbase than to the player cursed by a divine when they are compelled to shout at every opportunity that they get, praising a divine.

(Yes I know SHOUTSOFF is an option.)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Note: If this includes "spam" such as many scries when you have aethersight on, or aggressive actions when you're graced, then please do not issue for these. YOU have the option to turn the "spam" on, or off, and we expect you to take responsibility for your decisions.

That's the official take on it, and while it's annoying to hear those can also help people who are in manses know things are about to begin. Like shouting to draw people for a ritual, event, or what-have-you.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited November 2017
    Yes, there may be useful stuff coming through, but it also sucks having to consciously turn it off because someone is sitting around being compelled to shout every X minutes (sometimes as quickly as 2-3 RL minutes) then having to remember to turn the damn thing back on again later with no idea of how long the shouting person's 'punishment' is to last.

Like you said, sometimes useful stuff comes through SHOUT - so you either keep shouts on and have to put up with them being compelled to shout, or you SHOUTSOFF and potentially miss useful shouts.  Lose/lose situation.

EDIT: Snubbing is not an option in my book, because the character in question has never done anything to personally offend Kagato.

Well, maybe something else then, like a compromise! Aethersight has AETHERSIGHT BLOCK, so maybe Recognition could have something similar, where your powers of discernment are so great that you can choose to ignore all shouts from a particular person. 

• You can always gag the lines regarding the divine adoration curse.

• Idea: Allow more positions to erect city/commune constructs. Maybe the entire cr7 lineup, or the minister of security. Currently only the CL and the Power Minister can do this.

• edited November 2017
    I do not wish to miss out on shouts just because I'm in my manse. Let's split the change:

Tranquility Resonator (50db)
    Place this contraption in a manse room and no SHOUTS will disturb the tranquility.

ETA: Before anybody complains about another paywall, the free version is SHOUTS OFF.
  • Snub Danquik works too if it's that big a deal.
    edited November 2017
    Snub Danquik works too if it's that big a deal.
    Already said that snubbing is not an option - Danquik has done nothing personally to offend Kagato and not knowing how long the punishment lasts, I'd be having to unsnub and resnub him to check if it had passed or not.

Using a trigger with deleteLine() in Mudlet is probably best bet.

• edited November 2017
    Can I also point out that SNUB is an entirely OOC tool put in place so that mature individuals can choose not to interact with people who are 'annoying' them with behaviour that falls short of harassment. If your character has a problem with another character, deal with it through IC methods. If you have a problem with a character, it might be time to take a little break from Lusty (an evening will probably do) or in this specific case to use the very simple tool in your repertoire to stop the specific form of communication that's irritating you.

I'm really not being facetious here. I'm not going to rehash my issues with nai'dorin, but it was being discussed on CT the other day, and I (the player) didn't want to hear about it. CT OFF. Problem solved. Might I then have forgotten that it was off and missed some really interesting/important stuff? Sure. That's had remarkably little impact on my life.

If shouts are making your life difficult, you are literally holding the solution to your problem in your hands and asking for a solution.
  • Versalean said:
    I do not wish to miss out on shouts just because I'm in my manse. Let's split the change:

Tranquility Resonator (50db)
    Place this contraption in a manse room and no SHOUTS will disturb the tranquility.

ETA: Before anybody complains about another paywall, the free version is SHOUTS OFF.
    Make it 100db and let you set shout perms like your manse but you know, shouts
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • It has been suggested by others, but it would be really nice if we could pay the 2000 goop to create skins for artifact that we don't already own, or just pay the (goop_price+2000) to buy and create the skin at the same time. This would align incentives a bit better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2017
    There's an entire thread specifically devoted to that (#1, at least).  The option already exists.  Nobody's taken me up on it except Rivius (and he's done it 2x thus far).

Edit: In fact, if you do take me up on it, it will just cost you 1600 goop (not 2000).
  • edited November 2017
    Xenthos said:
    There's an entire thread specifically devoted to that (#1, at least).  The option already exists.  Nobody's taken me up on it except Rivius (and he's done it 2x thus far).

Edit: In fact, if you do take me up on it, it will just cost you 1600 goop (not 2000).
    My point is to have the goop skin under the buyer's name so they can recoup their cost in the case of other people buying it. Right now I could pay an excess of 1600 goop to get the item, and you would get back your investment if a single person in addition to me bought it, and make a profit for anything beyond that. The point of my suggestion is to bring the "profits" back to the designer (or rather, defray the designer's costs).

That's my understanding of the goop-return-per-purchase policy, at least. If I'm misunderstanding, I'm happy to be corrected.
  • @Mrak Not possible due to system limitations. 
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I won't break even on two, because the odds I want to keep your skin are essentially zero-- and that is assuming others even want to buy it to begin with. I generally just consider it as me spending 500 goop (though very high odds of getting 200 back, to be sure).  And with how little interest there is even with me chipping goop in... well. People seem to like to talk a lot about adding more goop items but it just doesn't seem to have the follow through I would have thought.  Which is unfortunate because the goop system is amazingly flexible if players put stuff into it. :(

There are multiple other people willing to do the same thing, so nobody has to choose me.  I just have an offer to defray your costs with no expectation of additional sales (and I think Aeldra will do the same), is all.

One possible option could be a designedby flag that lets you put in a designer name though, and could have the system reward goop to that person when purchases happen (though obviously not when the designer buys their own design). /shrug.  I really don't care about goop "profits" anyways, I have plenty.  I just want to see the system used more, and this is currently the only way I have to do so.
  • Xenthos said:
    I won't break even on two, because the odds I want to keep your skin are essentially zero-- and that is assuming others even want to buy it to begin with. I generally just consider it as me spending 500 goop (though very high odds of getting 200 back, to be sure).  And with how little interest there is even with me chipping goop in... well. People seem to like to talk a lot about adding more goop items but it just doesn't seem to have the follow through I would have thought.  Which is unfortunate because the goop system is amazingly flexible if players put stuff into it. :(

There are multiple other people willing to do the same thing, so nobody has to choose me.  I just have an offer to defray your costs with no expectation of additional sales (and I think Aeldra will do the same), is all.

One possible option could be a designedby flag that lets you put in a designer name though, and could have the system reward goop to that person when purchases happen (though obviously not when the designer buys their own design). /shrug.  I really don't care about goop "profits" anyways, I have plenty.  I just want to see the system used more, and this is currently the only way I have to do so.
    It could be that a lot of people don't actually care about the design and just want the artifact. So that paying an extra 2000 goop could be more than they are willing to spend/have.
    I just don't have a lot of goop, especially since most of it goes to funding artefact vials/pipes for newbies. But this is starting to go to a new topic, so...

IDEA: STAGE FAVOURITE <blah>, set a particular play as your favourite to see at this stage! STAGE FAVOURITES will display all play you have on this list to help you keep track of those plays you don't want to lose.

• People don't want to be the first person to make a new goop artifact. It's an economy of patience. If you submit it first it costs you 2k goop extra, everyone else gets to buy it at a 2k discount over the first buyer. So if you are in no hurry for an artifact you are best just waiting until some other person goops it for you then you buy it much cheaper.

It's why the take up is so slow and low, everyone wants to buy themselves artis but no one want to be the first smuck forking out extra :D

Bit of a generalisation for sure but you get the idea.

• Veyils said:
    People don't want to be the first person to make a new goop artifact. It's an economy of patience. If you submit it first it costs you 2k goop extra, everyone else gets to buy it at a 2k discount over the first buyer. So if you are in no hurry for an artifact you are best just waiting until some other person goops it for you then you buy it much cheaper.

It's why the take up is so slow and low, everyone wants to buy themselves artis but no one want to be the first smuck forking out extra :D

This, 100%.
  • Veyils said:
    People don't want to be the first person to make a new goop artifact. It's an economy of patience. If you submit it first it costs you 2k goop extra, everyone else gets to buy it at a 2k discount over the first buyer. So if you are in no hurry for an artifact you are best just waiting until some other person goops it for you then you buy it much cheaper.

But that's the point of the refund the submitter gets for making the skin. If everyone buys the goop'd artifact, there wouldn't be any extra cost at all.
  • People with the artifacts in general are not willing to fork out 2k goop now for the chance got getting 2k goop back later out of the goodness of their hearts.

Its why you see most folks asking you to give them 2k or some goop when you give them the design. So the designer gets the short end of the stick right now to be fair.

The submitter isnt willing to do it for free and potentially be down up to 2k goop for ages.
  • If the refund value cap was greater than the submittal cost - say 3k goop - people might be motivated to make really good designs others would buy for a CHANCE at future profit. But right now it is all risk, no reward. Just a trailblazer fee. 
  • A way to move an aethership module off the fulcrux room. Or a general way to unplace/refund aethership modules (in case you want to move them to a different ship completely.).
  • Ayisdra said:
    A way to move an aethership module off the fulcrux room. Or a general way to unplace/refund aethership modules (in case you want to move them to a different ship completely.).
    It's not really a priority at the moment, nor is it in any way simple, but if you want to move modules on the same ship at the moment, please feel free to ISSUE ME.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited December 2017
    Can SNUB be fixed so that it doesn't stop the snubbed individual from seeing what the snubber is saying in the room? I totally understand and agree with targeted emotes, tells, etc. But SNUB is not a divine punishment. Giving a player the ability to stop another player mechanically from hearing anything they say is overpowered, and can easily be gamed.
  • Ianir said:
    Ayisdra said:
    A way to move an aethership module off the fulcrux room. Or a general way to unplace/refund aethership modules (in case you want to move them to a different ship completely.).
    It's not really a priority at the moment, nor is it in any way simple, but if you want to move modules on the same ship at the moment, please feel free to ISSUE ME.
    I've been thinking about doing this for my fountain, actually. I didn't think very hard before putting it in my fulcrux, and it's the only room you can't really just swap with another.
  • edited February 2019
    -