Telekinesis

13»

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Daedroth said:
    Versalean said:
    @Daedroth I'm really not being facetious when I ask this, and I really hope you'll accept the question at face value:

What is it that you want?
    For mage or for myself?

Cyndarin said:

I don't know what else to say about mage other than that if you don't like it, don't play it. There's nothing wrong with that. I loved pyrochem and the golden gun pew pew infinitely more than I ever liked pyromancy.
    I switched classes earlier today. I'm pretty happy about finally being rid of the whole demesne thing to be honest.
    People are really not being mean when they say melding is not for everybody. I've played druid for a good while when I was back in Serenwilde. While I didn't mind at the time, being a chemist now in Celest... it's just a lot more enjoyable for myself. I can be a melder, but it's not something I particular enjoy. There are some people who really love it too. There's others who would never be anything but a guardian... I think, the main problem is it's really hard to try all classes to find the ones that really fits what you enjoy in doing and sometimes it really take some fiddling around.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Cyndarin said:
    Sure, if your opponents are running dreamweavers or telepaths, they can take advantage of your forcefield. It happened to me sometimes. Telepathy is just really unpopular (because it's terrible), and dreamweaving was only marginally more popular. I don't know how more prevalent DW or mages in general are now.

However, most people don't pick up crappy terts just to counter your one skill (that can be turned off), rather they just bring disruption scrolls. 

My forcefield had an automated toggle I could adjust. The only thing that prevents psionics is prone, so you can turn it on and off in most circumstances. The boon of forcefield isn't that it's just a second health pool, it's a flexible second healthpool you can generally control pretty easily. 

If you're just setting it and forgetting it, people can leverage that. 

I don't know what else to say about mage other than that if you don't like it, don't play it. There's nothing wrong with that. I loved pyrochem and the golden gun pew pew infinitely more than I ever liked pyromancy.

Dreamweavers are sort of the flavour of the month or at least they had been. They had a crazy op drembeast that could chunk upwards of 40%+ mana and ego passivly on a 4-6 second tick. Its since been nerfed but well Daedroth is sort of right in that ego kills from them were huge for ages.

Your 100% right about forcefield. You can even trigger it to autooff at 70% ego or something if fighting dreamweavers.