Lore questions

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Anita said:
    Is there a list / book / work / someone I could ask about fae language?
    And what is already known?
    Admin have hinted in previous language discussions they have more knowledge re: fae language than we do. I'm not sure about specific IG references, but perhaps it's a conversation to have with a relevant NPC or commune admin?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Anita said:
    Is there a list / book / work / someone I could ask about fae language?
    And what is already known?
    Admin have hinted in previous language discussions they have more knowledge re: fae language than we do. I'm not sure about specific IG references, but perhaps it's a conversation to have with a relevant NPC or commune admin?
    Ya, think it's going to be more of a digging-IG one!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2017
    Luce said:
    Theoretically, of one were to roll a Trill in Glom or Mag, could that Trill resemble a bat?

I'm of camp Do What You Want Because I Won't Interact With You Anyways, howwweeeverrr...

No. Faeling + Wyrd = bat-like makes sense to me, because bats are native to Glomdoring and faeling are more entwined with the forests and their associated Spirits than a trill should really inherently be. As for Magnagora, I'm really not sure what the obsession of making everything bat-like therein is. They have bats for the mail, but aside from that...? Don't really know. I think it's just a cheap trend that carries over from the Perfect Viscanti Vision, where everyone has kawaii demon wings and tails and is probably purple with black/white hair. A pure trill would still be trill, and trill are avian, not chiropteran. See Haelili (sp? been a while) Goldfeather in the Grey Moors, who was clam-baked by Kethuru and is now just an undead trill with bone-wings.

That being said, if you were to go with the advice for Foehn's raven and just Make Something Up to explain it, yeah that should suffice? Mixed breed, spooky demon pact shit, whatever. I mean tbh I don't think anyone's really going to care/ask in this day and age, I'm just extra grumpy.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Viscanti have had bat wings in the past that are just useless, particularly viscanti with trill ancestors. Trill emotes are literally all about feathers though, which bats don't have, so there would be some inconsistency there. Can't think of why a non-undead trill would be bat-like, tbh.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The thought process here was bat = bluebird + Taint. I know it'd take some aliasing over or ignoring emotes to get it to "work" (and I think the Trill adjective is feathered so the description would be awkward) but no more so than Turtle Furrikin having to ignore or alter wag, puffup, etc.

And those are canon.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    If the thought process is that bat = bluebird + taint then a similar process would be viscanti = trill + taint
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Bat trill aren't canon, though. So that's where the line is drawn tbh.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Falaeron said:
    If the thought process is that bat = bluebird + taint then a similar process would be viscanti = trill + taint

I thought viscanti was a bunch of races +taint?

Its why they vary so much, lots of furrikin, trill, aslaran etc root viscanti?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Or if you take Nihilism, there's a special line in darkcall wings that turns your feathery appendages into batlike ones through the dark power of the Demon Lords.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • What are the main differences between the Vernal Gods like Urlach and the Vernal Ascendants we produce in current times?
  • Ascendants are not gods. Vernal Gods were raised through a city's nexus of power, but it is implied (or guessed) that they required quite a bit more power. It is said we no longer have the technology to create nexii with such power in modern times (I think I read that somewhere, can't remember where).

• edited May 2017
    In the raising of Ayridion, the first Ascendant after the coming of Estarra, he did become a God. However, Ayridion was also the same to destroy the access to the Immanidivinus due to a complicated sequence of events. And without access to the Immanidivinus, no ascended mortal could become a God. This was detailed in one of the earlier Events posts.
  • Lerad said:
    Ascendants are not gods. Vernal Gods were raised through a city's nexus of power, but it is implied (or guessed) that they required quite a bit more power. It is said we no longer have the technology to create nexii with such power in modern times (I think I read that somewhere, can't remember where).
    Soll Ascended into an Ascended God, tho.

https://www.lusternia.com/game/news/Lusternia/Events/89

It was after Ayridion when we stop having Ascended Gods and now they are Vernal Ascendants.

• Maylea said:
    In the raising of Ayridion, the first Ascendant after the coming of Estarra, he did become a God. However, Ayridion was also the same to destroy the access to the Immanidivinus due to a complicated sequence of events. And without access to the Immanidivinus, no ascended mortal could become a God. This was detailed in one of the earlier Events posts.
    Tell that to Xynthin! All he needed to do was destroy a nexus to ascend.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I think we're going to be pedantic, Ayridion wasn't an Ascendant. He was an Ascended God. Ilyarin was the first (True) Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ayisdra said:
    Maylea said:
    Incorrect order of events.

He found a mysterious portal and decided to explore it.  You know, just like I would do.

It took him back to a period immediately after Ayridion had ascended... he had the Nature Seal, but at that time nobody had ever Ascended through Nature, so it did not work.  However, he had won the Life medallion many times and the Life domothean realm was still open from Ayridion's Ascension, so he just used that.

In the process, he had to prevent Ayridion from creating the Threshold Abyss, which is what led to the destruction of that entire reality (not just a single nexus).  Then he came to ours and started to make a mess of it as well, but hey, he brought us Wildewoods/Wyrdenwoods/*chemancers.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Maylea said:
    Incorrect order of events.

He found a mysterious portal and decided to explore it.  You know, just like I would do.

It took him back to a period immediately after Ayridion had ascended... he had the Nature Seal, but at that time nobody had ever Ascended through Nature, so it did not work.  However, he had won the Life medallion many times and the Life domothean realm was still open from Ayridion's Ascension, so he just used that.

In the process, he had to prevent Ayridion from creating the Threshold Abyss, which is what led to the destruction of that entire reality (not just a single nexus).  Then he came to ours and started to make a mess of it as well, but hey, he brought us Wildewoods/Wyrdenwoods/*chemancers.
    Ah, I guess I am misremembering then. I thought he used the Master Ravenwood completely to pierce the Threshold Abyss and become a god.
  • What are harpies in Lusternia? It doesn't seem like they're a shard race from what little I've seen.
    Take people in Ravenform / wearing Raven-feather cloaks.  Add Kethuru taint-cloud.  Result: Half-humanoid-half-bird-crazy-things.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Maylea said:

Could you explain further on this? How does the Threshold Abyss separate our timelines from Xynthin's? I'm afraid I missed a lot of this. <_<
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited May 2017
    Tremula said:
    Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Maylea said:

Could you explain further on this? How does the Threshold Abyss separate our timelines from Xynthin's? I'm afraid I missed a lot of this. <_<
    It doesn't. The Threshold Abyss separates mortality from the Immanidivinus. It is just that in Xynthin's timeline (or rather, the timeline he entered after he went through a portal), he prevented Ayridion from creating the Abyss in that timeline. Ours, Lusternia-Prime, still had it.
    Tremula said:
    Xenthos said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Maylea said:

Also, for clarification, when I said "made a mess of it" I'm not talking about the Threshold Abyss.  In our timeline that thing is solid and not going anywhere.  The only way he could wreck it was in that alternate timeline, before it was established.

I was speaking a bit more generally of our timeline-- also, personally, the whole "you are unraveling" thing was quite awkward.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    "Unraveling" caused this random thought: I wonder if the Fates have ever caused a catastrophe by pulling at a loose thread on the Tapestry instead of cutting it off. I've mangled some socks due to the temptation to tug at loose threads despite knowing the dangers; I hope their self control is better than mine.
  • I was researching on how to break threshold abyss. apparently, after reading this thread, it set me back a bit. I'm not going to give up so easily. It will have to takes a patience and some research to find another way. Mhmm. :p
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Is the Void that the gods fled into at the end of the Elder Wars the same thing as Aetherspace?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    Is the Void that the gods fled into at the end of the Elder Wars the same thing as Aetherspace?
    I'm pretty sure it is not. There is dragon-area aetherspace that is something like 'near the void'

The way I always thought of it is aetherspace is the space between planes/pockets of existance and the void was the very edges of creation (possibly stuff that was still forming but never actually did).
  • You know those black regions beyond the teal areas with the dragons labelled 'near the Void' on aetherspace maps? That's the void. Your aethership can't go in there.
  • The Maeve is a collective of forest spirits, right? And at the New and Full Moons, she aligns 100% with Night/Moon, at least from what I remember from a while back. I know that in the histories, they talk about the Maeve first acting as one, then individuating, yet all are still part of the Maeve.

When the Faethorn knights attack enemies of Moon/Night, do they do it because Maeve said so and they obey regardless of personal feelings because Duty to Faethorn, or do they do it because Maeve said so and they also feel it’s right to do on a more intrinsic level?
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    The Maeve is a collective of forest spirits, right? And at the New and Full Moons, she aligns 100% with Night/Moon, at least from what I remember from a while back. I know that in the histories, they talk about the Maeve first acting as one, then individuating, yet all are still part of the Maeve.

When the Faethorn knights attack enemies of Moon/Night, do they do it because Maeve said so and they obey regardless of personal feelings because Duty to Faethorn, or do they do it because Maeve said so and they also feel it’s right to do on a more intrinsic level?

I figured that the Knights were part of the general make up of the Fae and the Maeve. Like a collective consciousness almost. So they feel its the right thing to do at the time.

Its right and natural to them to do it.
  • When Maeve was first created, she (and therefore all of the fae who are a part of her) promised to protect the forests. During the Full Moon, when Moon is at her strongest, the attention of the fae is drawn toward their duties to Serenwilde and during the New Moon, when Night is at her strongest, the attention of fae is drawn toward their duties to Glomdoring. When the fae are all thinking about how best to protect the Serenwilde, all of the enemies of Serenwilde start looking very stabbable. And likewise for Glomdoring enemies during the New Moon, when they're thinking about how to protect the Glomdoring.