Mudlet 3.6.0 - code beautifier, search online, prompt trigger type, more UI customisation

In what is the 10th big update this year, Mudlet 3.6 is here! This update is awesome and includes a ton of new features: code beautifier, search online, wizard-less installation, new prompt trigger type, more UI customisation. Update your Mudlet and check 'em out here. Happy Holidays!

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Is there any chance the prompt trigger works with IRE games? It seems like isPrompt() does not; I assume it's on their end, but I keep hoping we can get a super easy prompt trigger with how important it can be.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, nvm.
  • I use isPrompt for all sorts of things and it is used extensively in MMF

return isPrompt()

set trigger type to lua function

• edited December 2017
    Hmm. I'm pondering the fact that if that works, and I have no reason to doubt it, it means I've been using isPrompt() without an actual return statement and then wondering why it wouldn't work. *facepalm*

EDIT: So it does, obviously, work. I'm not even going to tell you guys how long I've thought that isPrompt() just didn't work. >_<
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm getting this error when I start Mudlet 3.6.0:

<br><code>[ ERROR ] - Cannot load code indenter, indenting functionality won't be available.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Lua error:[string "..."]:2: module 'lcf.workshop.base' not found:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no field package.preload['lcf.workshop.base']<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file './lcf/workshop/base.lua'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.lua'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base/init.lua'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.lua'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base/init.lua'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file './lcf/workshop/base.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/bin/lib/lcf/workshop/base.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file './lcf.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; no file '/usr/bin/lib/lcf.so'</code><br><br>I assume it's because my lua hasn't been updated yet, but maybe it's something I broke. I'm using Parabola GNU/Linux-Libre (Arch-based).<br><br>It doesn't seem to be affecting anything that I'm aware of, just wanted to know if there was a way to fix the error.<br>
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It sounds like you're using a third-party, unofficial build of Mudlet. I'd report the error to whomever created the package and use the official one from the website.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yep. Someon forgot to add a new dependency and it's already been fixed. Thanks!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • These updates look amazing. Really great stuff Vadi!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.