Making SSC and MMF Play Nice - Windows

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
Okay, so first thing's first, I believe in credit where it is due. You all can thank @Anelissa for figuring out how to do this and writing the little bit of code and trigger I've included below. All thanks should go to her, I'm just the messenger boy. I also apologise in advance that this feature is not currently working for Mac/Linux/else users. I don't want to try with my limited knowledge and accidentally bung something up. If you find the way to fix it, please, share and let others know! Now that that's over, here's a list of things you'll need to do to "fix" (AKA ignore every single affliction without ignoring any of the defence lines) mmf to work with server-side-curing (SSC):

• A copy of Notepad++ or like script editing software. Do not try this in regular Notepad, I beg of you.
  • The ability and willingness to edit your mmf profile (don't worry, it's not as difficult as it sounds! You just need to do ONLY WHAT IS INSTRUCTED)
  • It is possible that if the next mmf update (should there be one) comes out without this issue fixed or a solution implemented, and you will need to do this as necessary.
  • To remember that this will ignore mmf's curing of ALL afflictions, not the noticing of them. You may need to play with things like blackout by checking your defences and diag (df and dv appropriately) if things start getting...wonky.

So! Here are your instructions. I've even provided screenshots (linked from gyazo to avoid any forum post length issue). Those of you familiar with this process can ignore the screenshots and follow the written direction. Apologies in advance if the tone seems off for this list, I work in tech support and I know how difficult computers can be for some people, so I wrote this in my customer voice. If it helps, imagine a young, pleasant English (wo)man [seriously. on the phone I sound very androgynous] saying this to you over the phone.

1. First, I'd like you to figure out where your mmf folder is located. If you don't know where this is, it's likely in the same place it defaults to for everyone else. If you saved it somewhere else, then go find it! For those of you who need help locating it, open up the File Explorer and/or My Computer
  2. Now, navigate to your actual computer, or your C drive. [Usually written as Windows (C:)] You should now see this.
  3. Let's click on Users. You'll need to then click on the file that has whatever you've set your login to be! (I'm on a friend's computer, so we'll be going under 'Travis'). You should now see this.
  4. Now, of course, your personal mileage may vary, and you could have several or very few folders here, but the one we want is right at the top. Head on in to your .config section. Old Minecraft players may be familiar with this step! Obviously, we'll be going into the mudlet folder.
  5. Lots of choices here, but we'll head into the profiles folder. This one screenshot will be done manually through imgur, to protect Travis' privacy and not reveal his characters. Let's click on the profile you'd like to work on. If you have multiple, this is the part where you'll be coming back to keep all your characters in funky fresh forme (too much Splatoon...)!
  6. Yikes. Even more choices, but here we'll head into the appropriate m&m folder. I use Allclasses, but if you don't, yours should be named [Class] m&m (Blacktalon m&m, Sentinel m&m, etc.) Once you're there, it should look something like this.
  7. Now, here's the part where you'll need to download some sort of script editing program if you haven't already. For the examples, I'll be using Notepad++, as linked earlier. Right-click on the m&m folder, and click on: Edit with Notepad++.
  8. Excellent! You're now knee-deep in m&m's core systems and intestines. FOLLOW THESE NEXT STEPS TO THE LETTER TO AVOID CAUSING ANY HARM TO YOUR PROFILE.
  9. Hit ctrl+f. In the box that appears type: function ignorelist(). Don't freak out because mine's a different colour! It's to help you see the difference better. Click 'Find Next', and you should see the text jump behind your find box. If you look on the left, you'll notice that you're on line 59240 of code. Go ahead and close the find box.
  10. Scroll down slightly until you get to line 59261. After the word 'end', hit the enter key twice. You should now have a sizeable space between the ignorelist function and the afflist function, like this.
  11. I've linked this pastebin to give you the code I'd like you to input here. When you're done, it should look like this.
  12. If you don't have Mudlet open already, open it and go into your profile. You don't need to log in, but do input 'mmshow ignore'. Unless you've ever added anything manually, all that should be there are the deathmarks. Go ahead and click 'remove' on anything that's there, until the list is empty (you can check by doing 'mmshow ignore' again).
  13. Save and exit your profile and close it. Once Mudlet is closed, click on the save icon (or hit ctrl+s) in Notepad++. You can close it now, and put all that code behind you!
  14. Now, reopen your Mudlet and choose your profile. Same as before, you don't need to log in, but now we'll be creating an alias. This was sent directly to me by Anelissa, and since I can't upload the xml file to forums, this is what your alias should look like. (You can change the cecho if you like, that's just going to let you know that everything's done!)
  15. Time for the big finish! Go ahead and input 'mmignoreallconfirm' (the alias we just made), and the system will do its work. WARNING: THIS MAY BE VERY BLOODY SPAMMY. If you made yours exactly as Anelissa made hers, you should see something generally similar to this (internet sleuths will detect this is a screenshot taken previously, when Anelissa showed me how to do it!)

And that does it! You're all clear, and other than what I said previously about diagnosing and checking your defences, you should be golden now. Of course, any questions or comments should be pasted below, and we'll be happy to help as we can. Hopefully this post will be deemed unnecessary after the next update, and we can all avoid mucking up those 60,000+ lines of code. I'm off to put a mario cap on a T-rex now, so hope you enjoy!
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• Great work, but... why not just submit an edit to the original an get Sidd to press the button for a new release? Sounds like it'll be a lot simpler for everyone involved.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    A fair suggestion, and one Anelissa is working on! The simple answer is that this is the bandaid. I don't have the know-how to make the needed changes to the code, and having Sidd push out an update just to give everyone the ability to ignore all the affs seems a little...well, then people would probably ask why that update didn't just solve the problem! Once the permanent solution is divined, I'm sure it'll be put through properly.

I just make pretty things, from echoes to walkthroughs.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Vadi

@Anelissa is having trouble with their permissions to do stuff to the release version of mm.  I think ideally it should be in the release but no ones been around to fix what ever may be wrong with his permission stuff
  • You don't need any permissions to access the source code or enter Push Requests.
  • Did anyone try following Tremula's instructions? How did it turn out? Any wonkiness I should be aware of before trying this?
  • I've been playing with it, but haven't had a chance to evaluate it in real combat. In general, it works. There are things that are different that I'm not quite used to. Like afflictions that hit during blackout seem to be cumbersome with the defaults, but I think that's configurable? I forget. The approach itself seems like its correct. I think for me it's more an issue of getting used to SSC.
  • little tweaks to make it better.

after you do this remember to do:

mmignore blackout
    mmignore unknownallheale

to turn them back on so that mm tries to sip allheale in blackout.

• Also, kafe so that it will still upkeep that defense!
  • Good call, insomnia and kafe.

Also justice on testing isnt cured by server side yet. Old affliction.
  • Note that you'll need several other adjustments if you don't want to get utterly destroyed by anyone using twist.
  • edited December 2017
    EDIT: Got what I needed from someone!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9ch7iyzi9ko3ui/ignoremmf.xml?dl=1
    Just an alias which sets mm.ignorelist directly to what you'd get from running this script, and does not require poking at the mmf code.
    IGNOREALL (ON|OFF) to either ignore everything or clear the ignorelist.
  • Mrak said:
    Note that you'll need several other adjustments if you don't want to get utterly destroyed by anyone using twist.

Not just twist. Ninja, Celestines, Nilhists and dreamweavers will mess you up massivly if you use autocuring off the top of my head.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Veyils said:
    Mrak said:
    Note that you'll need several other adjustments if you don't want to get utterly destroyed by anyone using twist.

Not just twist. Ninja, Celestines, Nilhists and dreamweavers will mess you up massivly if you use autocuring off the top of my head.
    The hidden aeon problem is supposedly fixed since yesterday as should be the writhing problems ( from what I've gathered from the changelog ).
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Veyils said:
    Mrak said:

The hidden aeon problem is supposedly fixed since yesterday as should be the writhing problems ( from what I've gathered from the changelog ).
    I've been having writhe problems using SSC just from basic denizens like Kephera. That was just seconds ago.
  • edited December 2017
    Some suggestions for those still trying to do this: unignore prone, mucus, and lovers. Prone because double curing it probably won't be too harmful and getting proned during blackout is really bad, and mucus+lovers because SSC doesn't fix them. 
  • Autocuring currently is bugged to not cure crux and other afflictions right. Like Sap you'll want to cure crux and the related afflictions client side not using autocuring. Bug has been subbmited but until its fixed best to fix that up yourself.
  • If your using kali's alias if you make a trigger where if you are cruxed you do something like:

send ("ac off")
    expandAlias("ignoreall off")

Which will pause autocuring and let mm take over the curing of curx and then on the crux cure line or such you can do the other way and:

send ("ac on")
    expandAlias("ignoreall on")

Which will turn autocuring back on and stop mm curing again.

Just noticed this bug today but this should work as like a rough quick fix to avoid the autocuring/crux stopping all curing bug.

• Kali said:
    EDIT: Got what I needed from someone!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9ch7iyzi9ko3ui/ignoremmf.xml?dl=1
    Just an alias which sets mm.ignorelist directly to what you'd get from running this script, and does not require poking at the mmf code.
    IGNOREALL (ON|OFF) to either ignore everything or clear the ignorelist.
    For some reason it doesn't work for me?

MMF is now ignoring everything!
    You sit yourself down.
    You are afflicted with sprawled.
    4535h, 5610m, 4920e, 10p Bexp-(stand)
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    You have cured sprawled. (0.117s)
    4535h, 5610m, 4920e, 10p Bex-
    You are afflicted with sprawled.
    You are afflicted with asleep.
    You close your eyes, curl up in a ball, and fall asleep.
    4535h, 5610m, 4920e, 10p Bexp-(wake up)
    You begin your struggle to escape from the dreamworld.
    4535h, 5610m, 4920e, 10p Bexp-
    You continue your struggle to escape from the dreamworld.
    You open your eyes and yawn mightily.
    You have cured asleep. (2.162s)

(m&mf): Warning: need to use your steam pipe and you don't have one!

(stand)
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    You have cured sprawled. (2.672s)
    4535h, 5610m, 4920e, 10p Bex-
  • I had to go into Kali's and add spawled and sleep. After that it worked for me.