m&mf

Comments

• From what it looks like, you are eating faeleaf to cure blind, which is taking dust balance, but the system is either not recognizing it, or is somehow using a failsafe to bring it back. 

You then spam eating dust (which it's also not recognizing the offbal line) until you successfully cure something. 
  • Worth saying to be sure. There has been situations where there's bugs on specific class versions. May not be in this case but best to be sure.
  • edited October 2017
    It appears M&MF is having some issues with aeon. Specifically, forgetting you have it. Here's a log: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/apyg3jp7

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Geomancer version 46.

• edited October 2017
    I do not think I was seemed?  Do geomancers have aeon?

Edit: nvm reread, not related to my issue but a new one entirely
  • Is there a way to turn off mmf curing, but still make it do stuff the ssc doesnt?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think you can mmignore affs that SSC handles (might be some other things too), I know that people have been working to come up with good ways to keep access to the still-useful things.
  • Xenthos said:
    I think you can mmignore affs that SSC handles (might be some other things too), I know that people have been working to come up with good ways to keep access to the still-useful things.
    Yeah, mmignore affs that SSC and toggle off or set to 0 the sip/scroll/sparkle thresholds is most of what I have done. There are a few little things that can be optimized around, but that gets you most of the way there.
  • You can mmignore siphealth and etc as well
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/3251/making-ssc-and-mmf-play-nice-windows/

I wrote a post with detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to ignore everything. I even added screenshots!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Vadi2 said:
    I've been seeing people struggle with getting m&mf setup for tinkering with. Would it be easier if all of the files were all inside Mudlet like in other systems? Given the much better editor, this makes more sense than it did in the past.
    Yes please! I find it way easier to mess with stuff that lives in Mudlet.
  • I can't seem to find a way to stop M&MF's pipe management. I've set coltsfootid to 0, but it keeps stuffing the first available pipe full of the stuff. I don't need any of my pipes to have anything but steam in them, to be honest.

Help please?
  • edited December 2017
    Any ideas on how to make MMF not think that I've cured all aurics when I smoke in octave? I'm 90% sure that the problem lives in the function valid.smoke2(), and that it reads the line as having nothing to cure from steam. Can't figure out what's going wrong though.

https://pastebin.com/Eu4Hz5Nk

Edit:
    I doubt folks care much, but I figured out a bandaid for this. 

Add the following function to your mmf file:
    __
    function underoctave()
    smoke_cure=true
    end
    __

Call it using mm.underoctave() on a trigger for the octave line.

This will case you to spam smoking steam every time you get steam balance, and mmf won't think that you've magically cured all your steam affs when octave prevents them from being cured.
  • MM doesnt cures deafness/blindness properly at all now. Autocuring does but autocuring really messes you up if you get hit with aeon under blackout or hidden aeon.

Autocuring doesnt recognise secondary messages so spams the hell out of commands when in aeon.

Ive mushed together a bit of a fix to use autocuring and mm together a bit.
    Do autocuring toggle EnabledInAeon off and then make a trigger on the aeon secondary line to do this.

You move sluggishly into action.
    to do

[code]
    send("ac off")
    if (stupidsystemaeonStatusTimer) then killTimer(stupidsystemaeonStatusTimer) end
    stupidsystemaeonStatusTimer =  tempTimer(4, [[expandAlias("ac on")]])
    [/code]

Let mm cure aeon for you. This'll turn off the autocuring when you get hit with aeon from any source and then turn it back on soon after

Its a messy fix for sure but it'll do until autocuring gets fixed up. I'd personally recomend not using autocuring for the ice stack as well. MM handles aeon, sap and Ice a much better than autocuring right now. The ice one isnt too bad but if you let the autocuring handle your aeon it'll get you killed.
  • edited December 2017
    There's really no good option right now.

I managed to bandaid mmf to cure blindness properly. You need to change several lines in your mmf files. I suspect deafness will use some similar fixes, when I find myself willing I'll post an update here. I don't understand how the defense engine works well enough to turn truehearing and trueblind from herb defenses to actions. 
    ___
    conf.blindherb = "faeleaf"

becomes 

conf.blindherb = "dust"
    ___
          if contains({"faeleaf", "myrtle"}, what:lower()) then return true end

becomes

if contains({"faeleaf", "myrtle","dust"}, what:lower()) then return true end
    ___

eatcure = "faeleaf",
          onstart = function ()
            eat("faeleaf")
          end,

becomes

eatcure = "dust",
          onstart = function ()
            eat("dust")
          end,      

_____

The first two should only need to be changed once, the last one needs to be changed several times.

Edit: OBTW you should mmconfig blindherb dust after these tweaks.
  • Are you eating dust to cure blindness Mrak?
  • The reason I ask is your better off using sixthsense the skill as it works like a free focus. If you can change eat dust to that that'd probally be better for you.
  • I might try to do that at some point, but I'm currently pretty tired of sifting through all that code, and I'm more interested in basic functionality than optimality.
  • edited December 2017
    Ignore what I said here. I found the cause of the issue. Hidden folders with old versions of mmf from a while back.
  • Ok, anybody got an idea to make this work: mm.adddefinition("@time","getTime(true, "hh:mm:ss:zzz")")

It shows as invalid due to the string inside the string, I think. @timestamp, despite being listed in the custom prompt code, does not work.
  • edited December 2017
    Hiriako said:
    Ok, anybody got an idea to make this work: mm.adddefinition("@time","getTime(true, "hh:mm:ss:zzz")")

It shows as invalid due to the string inside the string, I think. @timestamp, despite being listed in the custom prompt code, does not work.
    Looking at a similar example in the mmf docs, try changing the colon between ss and zzz to a decimal point aka "...ss.zzz"

/edit the example also has the format string in single quotes. 'hh:mm:ss.zzz'
  • edited December 2017
    The solution was to do this:

mm.adddefinition("time",[[getTime(true, "hh:mm:ss:zzz")]])

The stuff within hh... was all just formatting and preference. Thanks though! And thanks to the person that shared the fix with me!
  • Hiriako said:
    Ok, anybody got an idea to make this work: mm.adddefinition("@time","getTime(true, "hh:mm:ss:zzz")")

For my system I use
    timestamp = tostring(getTime(true,"hh:mm:ss:zzz"))
    Maybe try removing the "" around the getTime function.

• mm.adddefinition requires that both arguments be a string. 
  • These solutions all do the same thing. The [[]] let it parse the string within a string, which single quotes would also do. In the original, it doesn't know whether the second " is closing the first or opening a new set.
  • Just curious if this is still a valid system?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Makaela said:
    Just curious if this is still a valid system?
    Yes, but many people mostly use this for support around the in-game SSC. There's a plugin somewhere on the forums that makes MMF ignore all curing to let SSC handle it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Makaela

Kali said:
    EDIT: Got what I needed from someone!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9ch7iyzi9ko3ui/ignoremmf.xml?dl=1
    Just an alias which sets mm.ignorelist directly to what you'd get from running this script, and does not require poking at the mmf code.
    IGNOREALL (ON|OFF) to either ignore everything or clear the ignorelist.

Download that as well as mm. DO ignoreall on.

@Vadi Could you maybe post this to the front forum post or if anyone has any idea how the github thing works just include this alias in mm as an update, that'd be pretty cool.
  • How does mmf's defense system work?
  • Rolsand said:
    How does mmf's defense system work?
    They are handled in the m&m file, the defence lines are recorded there twice, once with everything in the php table eg
     kingdom = { type = "enchantment", def = "Kingdom Enchantment (kingdom) (indefinite).",
                         defr = [[^Kingdom Enchantment \(kingdom\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.$]],
                         on = "A ray of green light suddenly spotlights you."

and once I assume for the showdef info

defences.complete_def({name = "Kingdom", def = "Kingdom Enchantment (kingdom) (indefinite).",
                                      defr = [[^Kingdom Enchantment \(kingdom\) \(\d+ minutes\)\.$]], tooltip = "Reduces bleeding on a tick."})