Simple Ideas

Comments

• An arti version of the amber seren has could be pretty neat.
  • Aeldra said:
    Not sure how simple we're talking about here, but I personally always felt it's a damn shame having made a sizable amount of paintings and never having a realistic chance to show them off somewhere. One painting per room, will never let my manse be big enough to show them all without a lot of investment. Whether the solution would be a 'gallery artifact', a 'gallery' manse room upgrade, or simple an increase in paintings per room... I wouldn't really care too much, as long as that thing got itself handled.

Saran said:
    An arti version of the amber seren has could be pretty neat.

Yes, please!! So much shop space is taken by my obsession with painting everything!
  • Demigod power granting you a customized effect like a stole, contingent on admin approval and perhaps with a credit cost (like the premium typecasts, for example).
  • Foehn said:
    Demigod power granting you a customized effect like a stole, contingent on admin approval and perhaps with a credit cost (like the premium typecasts, for example).
    10/10 would waste disposable income on.
  • I feel like racial hats should hide wyrden/wildewood branches or trunks which are visible due to perspective changes. Probably not a simple idea though.
  • Foehn said:
    I feel like racial hats should hide wyrden/wildewood branches or trunks which are visible due to perspective changes. Probably not a simple idea though.
    I wouldn't mind this, but it would be a bit weird. There's no real good way to hide being a 'wood entirely because the ability messages reference their features. 
  • Wow. Either

1) Give culture power proportional to Great House family honour (if you don't want to reward Mag too much you can make it proportional to the family honour of the top house in the city)

or 

2) Make it costly in some way for an org to drop a Great House.
  • Mrak said:
    Wow. Either

1) Give culture power proportional to Great House family honour (if you don't want to reward Mag too much you can make it proportional to the family honour of the top house in the city)

Hallis got the culture bonus for houses atm.

I'm not a big fan of the family system as is. I don't think the family mechanic system really adds to roleplay or any city mechanics really beyond encouraging people to spam recruit for the point generation.

Family roleplay can be great but thats nothing to do with the family point system.
  • Holy credits, Batman!
  • Veyils said:

I'm not a big fan of the family system as is. I don't think the family mechanic system really adds to roleplay or any city mechanics really beyond encouraging people to spam recruit for the point generation.

Family roleplay can be great but thats nothing to do with the family point system.
    I understand how the culture bonus works now. Disliking the mechanics of the family system now is an okay opinion to have.

My point is that it's a little bit jarring that Gaudi can drop Mes'ard, removing them from the council and dropping them ~25k honour at essentially no cost to the city. It seems out of line with the design of the family system as it currently stands.
  • Fair enough, I'd be happy scrapping it all. Lose all family benefits like a council seat, culture boost etc. It all seems so easy to game and I don't feel it adds much to the game anyway.
  • How about a credit transaction history command? Lets you see your credit purchases, your artifact purchases (whether with goop/cr/db), artifact tradeins, all that good stuff.

• Veyils said:
    Maligorn said:
    How about a credit transaction history command? Lets you see your credit purchases, your artifact purchases (whether with goop/cr/db), artifact tradeins, all that good stuff.
    I think that may just make some people cry.
    I feel the sadness welling up already. Please don't add in lessons. I might have a heart attack.
  • Moi said:
    Education aides should have their shrouding disabled for newbies in their org, since a common newbie complaint is "Where is everyone?" when standing in a room with three invisible people.
    Maybe just let people see though the shroud of their org while they're under lvl 50? Llv 80? Mortals sense your awesomeness?
  • Mrak said:
    When you CURIOMARKET SHOW BUY FULFILLABLE, have the id of the piece you can sell to the right of the offer price so you don't have to cross reference a bunch.
    YES! YES! YES! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE YES!
  • Veyils said:
    Mrak said:
    Wow. Either

One idea I was thinking about suggesting a while back was to make honour more of a risk/reward thing and a bit more interactive.

Give families ways to more actively generate honour, methods for houses to make "social" attacks on each other.

Then have honour split between transitory and enduring. The sum is your "honour" but you gain and lose transitory. You spend transitory honour on upgrades to the family (like say an x% xp buff while in a party with family) which converts it to enduring.
    But if your honor ever takes a hit larger than your remaining transitory honour then you lose your most recent upgrade.
  • I think this might be a simple idea, but probably needs to be done IRE wide.

Allow the favouring of people who cannot gain rank to not use the favour of the day. Sometimes it is nice to express thanks without having to burn a guild or cityfavour.
  • Can we have a slight change to the syntax for curio collections?

curio collection activate 2.curry over <food>

The 2.<type of curio would allow for multiple curios sets of the same type to be used>
  • edited February 2018
    1. Add CURIOBOX LIST <filter> please.

Total Curios: 531

2. As you can drink poteens in a curiobox, it would be nice if we could eat cheese in one. 
  • Can we get ITEMLIST CONTAINERS and ITEMLIST CONTENTS?
  • Idea: Allow tells to custom beasts for the emotes/actions/any other commands used vial TELL to bypass the TELLSOFF.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Could we maybe, on targetted emotes, skip the a/an of somethings name if the last thing before the ^ was the word 'the' ? I find it's a common mistake a make and sometimes, at least to my ears, the just sounds more right then the 'a/an' in context, e. g. targetting a cheesecake you just got

emote eyes the ^cheesecake hungrily

would be an improvement over

emote eyes ^cheesecake hungrily.

A minor thing really, but something I'd love to see if possible.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.