It's me again, this time here to discuss known issues with Chade's basher. For reference, the basher I'm talking about is the one found at: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/74379#Comment_74379
If you dunno if you are using this basher, this is the one that you use bsinstall to setup, and bash on, at on, and other aliases to use. You in the right spot? Good, let's continue.
1) The basher does not attack on entry, but seems to attack after you leave a room. This generally causes issues if your bashing places with multiple enemy types. It's slightly less noticeable if your bashing an area with only one enemy type, and isn't noticeable at all if your doing stationary bashing (like an astral hunt).
2) The basher doesn't really work at all if using the autowalker (you shouldn't be, that's against the rules).
3) The basher broke when faeleaf, and earwort were taken out of the game. (This is an oldie, but I'll address it anyway since I still get questions about it.)
1) I have fixed the basher so it attacks on entry again. This is CONFIRMED working, if it doesn't work for you, your issue is likely rooted somewhere else, and it's likely better if you start with a fresh install. This is about a two second fix, and doesn't involve any complex coding knowledge.
Step 1) Open up your scripts, and do a search in mudlet for checkForPlayers. This should lead you to a script. Select it and open it, this should bring you to a window that looks like this:
Step 2)Copy this string:
Step 3)Go back to the script and click on the box labeled "Add User Defined Event Handler".
Step 4)Paste the string we copied earlier into that box
Step 5)Click the plus sign (+) next to that box to bring the string we copied up to the "Registered Event Handlers" box. It should look something like this:
Step 6)Hit that handy dandy save profile button at the top
Step 7)Rejoice, you can bash normally again
**Quitting and restarting mudlet should NOT be required, but if it doesn't work, go ahead and do that for me before we start sending messages to me saying it doesn't work**
If you're still having issues after these steps, and have already tried restarting mudlet too, send me a message IG (Anelissa) or on discord, and I'll see what we can do.
2) I have not fixed bashing while autowalking. I have a bead on the culprit, but have not been able to get it working 100% like it used to, and it's not really a priority since.. you know, you shouldn't be using it anyway. I'll update this post with instructions and screenshots for a fix when I get them.
3)The cause of this issue is an affliction check using MMF so you didn't spam attacks if you wouldn't be able to strike anyway. The issue is that the basher is old, and some of the affs have changed. Some of the affs we were checking for are no longer relevant, or no longer stop attacks like they used to. We'll be removing the main culprit (blindness) but removing some other changed/removed affs as well.
Step 1)Open up your scripts and do a search for: canBash. This will lead you to a script, open it and select it. This will bring you to a window that looks like this:
Step 2) We'll be commenting out a few lines here (appending the line with -- before the code). This will make the code inactive, but still be there if we need to add it back later (not likely, but always good to have) The lines we need to comment out are:
A ) (mm.defc.trueblind or not mm.affl.blind) and
B ) not mm.affl.aeon and
C ) not mm.affl.paralysis and
The end result should look like this:
Step 3) Hit that handy dandy save profile button. Restarting mudlet should not be required.
Any questions, comments, concerns, or other bug reports, send me a message IG, leave a comment and tag me (and maybe message me about it if I don't answer in a reasonable matter, because I rarely check forums unless it's to post something for you guys), or hit me up on discord. Or tell Eicia, she'll get the message to me.