GMCP changes

RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
Please, this is me begging quite kindly and out of personal frustration. Any tweaks made to GMCP, however minor, please changelog them. Some of us have come to rely on it and even the smallest of reorganizations can completely break systems. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    was anything changed besides gmcp.Room.Info.desc, gmcp.Char.Items.Remove or the new players bit?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Synkarin said:
    was anything changed besides gmcp.Room.Info.desc, gmcp.Char.Items.Remove or the new players bit?
    I thinnnk putting things into and out of your rift was changed from an add/remove to an update.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I think just those three. The Char.Items.Remove is the one that I see no announcement for and from what I can tell has broken at least 2 systems (1 now, once I caught it). 

Before, item attributes were being swapped around which screwed with other things.

While some features may seem obscure, some of us do use them so just a small heads up can save us from some...catastrophic results.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I agree, I was just making sure there wasn't something I didn't notice yet!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oh, I do like this remove thing, lack of changelogs aside! Thanks for explaining it @Rivius !
  • I have to echo this sentiment. I love the changes, I really do, but it would be nice to know that they actually were changed. Luckily I had already coded my system to use both ID and item desc, so it was a quick fix for me, but if I hadn't read this thread I probably would've had to look for the source of the problem for much longer.
  • If this is affecting any Saracen users, could you let me know via my gmail account, please? fetaera@gmail.com

Thanks.
  • edited May 2013
    We will strive to keep you better informed of GMCP changes, though I don't recall any recent changes other than the ones I announced a few days ago.

[Update]: Also, I swear I announced the gmcp players list but now I can't see where... If I forgot, my apologies!
  • You did in changelog 320, so you're safe there :D