May Auctions, round three!

2»

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Update to the magic carpet in Changelog 321.

o People following someone on a magic carpet artifact will no longer be blown about by the wind - though the leader still can be.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yay!
  • Now they just need to fix it so the carpet doesn't work in the arena--if they haven't done so yet.  (At least when playing stuff like Slippers or Freezetag).
    [BANNERCODE]
    *****************************[ Current Auctions ]******************************
    Id   Status    Max / Min      Title                            Winner     Days
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1    WON         205/     205 Demesne Binoculars               Elanorwen     0
    2    WON         875/     875 Mass Rune                        Inagin        0
    3    WON         430/     430 Illusion Rune                    Nydekion      0
    4    WON         300/     300 Promise Rings                    Thalkros      0
    5    WON         150/     150 Survivalist Chalice              Lyethal       0
    6    WON         270/     270 Fire Wand                        Inagin        0
    7    WON         705/     705 Ice Wand                         Synkarin      0
    8    WON        1335/    1335 Illusion Wand                    Nihta         0
    9    WON        1005/    1005 Ur'Stone                         Xenthos       0
    10   WON        1105/    1105 Ur'Stone                         Morkarion     0
    11   WON         305/     305 Scorpion Cocktail                Tully         0
    12   WON         165/     165 Scorpion Cocktail                Sakr          0
    13   WON         220/     220 Shield Amplifier                 Viynain       0
    14   WON         251/     251 Shield Amplifier                 Shuyin        0
    15   WON         250/     250 Shield Amplifier                 Sakr          0
    16   WON     3500500/ 3500500 Milestone Compass                Faragan       0
    17   WON     5000500/ 5000500 Marauder's Mask                  Steingrim     0
    18   WON     2000500/ 2000500 Rockeater's Maw                  Thoros        0
    19   WON     1600500/ 1600500 Magic Carpet                     Xenthos       0
    20   WON     3388500/ 3388500 Severing Scythe                  Iasmos        0
    *******************************************************************************

Woo!
  • edited May 2013
    <quote>
    You have been outbid in auction #13 and your bid is returned to you.
    4932h, 5703m, 3966e, 2p Belrxk (xhspfwb - PAUSED!) (+75m)<00:06:28.894>

It is now the 13th of Estar, 355 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    4932h, 5703m, 3966e, 2p Belrxk (xhspfwb - PAUSED!) (+75m)<00:06:33.853>
    </quote>

Not that I really am that upset over it. but....
    edited May 2013
    Happens in just about every auction, I lost a cage that way, which item?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Happens in just about every auction, I lost a cage that way, which item?
    Shield Amplifier. Just really the first time it happen to me.
    So this stone. Probing it doesn't give any indication of if it's charged, or if not how far charged it is.

And then every syntax I've tried to set it in a room doesn't work either.

Can I get a manual please?

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    So this stone. Probing it doesn't give any indication of if it's charged, or if not how far charged it is.

Yeah, same deal with the binoculars.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Ayisdra said:
    <quote>
    You have been outbid in auction #13 and your bid is returned to you.
    4932h, 5703m, 3966e, 2p Belrxk (xhspfwb - PAUSED!) (+75m)<00:06:28.894>

It is now the 13th of Estar, 355 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    4932h, 5703m, 3966e, 2p Belrxk (xhspfwb - PAUSED!) (+75m)<00:06:33.853>
    </quote>

Not that I really am that upset over it. but....
    Yeah, sniping happens rather often, sadly. :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    So now that these auctions are won, what do the Ur'stone, Shield amplifier and Scorpion cocktail look like when you look at them?

Also, very surprised on the prices of some of these things.
    edited May 2013
    The ur'Stone!

The smooth, grey surface of this stone has been pocked and pitted with age. Fashioned into a crude, rudimentary slab, the stone is nonetheless curiously shaped, securely bound in bands of 
    black steel. Beneath the metal, dark, fetid moss spreads outward across the surface of the stone, as though attempting to putrefy the ur'Stone itself, and instead only managing to give the entire construction a palpable feeling of death and malaise.
    It is strangely weightless.

"It has been splashed by 4,219 droplets of blood." - The counter while charging, it's full at 5,000.

"It is ready to be planted at its master's grave." - When fully charged.

You firmly plant an ur'Stone of Cankermore in the ground, preparing your own grave. - Plant stone message (how optimistic!)

You carefully dig up your grave, uprooting an ur'Stone of Cankermore from the ground so you can die another day. - Uproot message.

And when you use it (after decapitating myself this time) it's an instant revival (no delay) with this message:

"You feel an ur'Stone of Cankermore drawing you lifeless body through the aether until you rest in your pre-determined grave. As the blood of your foes soaks through the ground, you feel your flesh re-knit itself and your muscles plump out until you have the strength to claw your way through the dirt and rise anew."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6gcTOX6-0 instantly popped into my head when I read that.

That's pretty damn awesome.
    It charges really fast too, about 15 minutes of Astral or Zombies will fill that up.

What restrictions are there on where you can plant it?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    A scaffolding of gleaming metal, this amplifier is a work of both function and design. 
    Crystals glitter with mathematical precision from right-angled embrasures: small sparks 
    of energy leap between, hinting at unseen potential within the device. Tiny equations 
    are imprinted into the metal alongside long, thin grooves running the length of the 
    curving amplifier.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Commander Shuyin.

Muttering words of power, you trace a cobalt blue pentagram in the air that remains 
    hovering before you, protecting against assault.
    (p) <3544[60%]h 6988[100%]m 8010[100%]e 10p 99%w |x||man>-(-23m) 'again
    You say, "Again."
    (p) <3544[60%]h 6988[100%]m 8010[100%]e 10p 99%w |x||man>-
    Arkellius's attack rebounds off your magical shield.
    A flash of cold cobalt light erupts from the back of your shield, bathing you in 
    invigorating energy.
    (p) <3757[64%]h 6988[100%]m 8010[100%]e 10p 99%w |ex||man>-(+213h) 
    Rivius said:
    What restrictions are there on where you can plant it?
    It needs to be charged.

That's it. Might not be plantable in manses, I'll have to test it.

edited May 2013
    Hmm. If it is plantable in a manse I will have to make a little room specifically designed for rebirthing into. That would be pretty cool.

Especially if it is stocked with moist towelettes and a nice pitcher of ice water.
    And spend ludicrous credits on an NPC butler that greets you with "Welcome home Sir."

• Crafted from pure gold, this ring is a wide, unbroken band etched with words in Ae bespeaking promises forged and unbroken, each letter of the elegant script suffused with a softly glowing, rose-hued light. A single translucent gem sits upon the ring's apex, surrounded by a circle of elaborate silver filigree. The crystal itself emits a soft and steady glow that bathes its immediate surroundings in soothing pink tones.

What exactly is 'Ae', anyone? *stare promise ring*
    It's Elder language I think.
  • Arab Emirates?
    Polished bronze comprises the body of these binoculars, forming two slim, hollow cylinders dyed a vibrant carnelian hue. The four ends are capped with unpainted bronze set with glass lenses: two eyepieces for looking through and two larger objective lenses. The surfaces of the latter swirl with tiny glowing motes, an indication of latent magic. Two gracefully arching strips of metal bridge these cylinders to a shorter, thinner central rod, forming a hinge that allows easy folding and unfolding of the device. Attached to the right side close to the eyepiece is a solid metal handle wrapped in pliable black leather.

• Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

you want to FOCUS BINOCULARS. if you haven't found out already.
  • edited May 2013
    Thalkros said:
    Crafted from pure gold, this ring is a wide, unbroken band etched with words in Ae bespeaking promises forged and unbroken, each letter of the elegant script suffused with a softly glowing, rose-hued light. A single translucent gem sits upon the ring's apex, surrounded by a circle of elaborate silver filigree. The crystal itself emits a soft and steady glow that bathes its immediate surroundings in soothing pink tones.

What exactly is 'Ae', anyone? *stare promise ring*
    It's the language used by the Third and Fifth Circle for their manipulation of reality. There's a book in the World Library (in the room with Weeky) on Ae I believe.

Edit: The book is called "Ae for the intellectually impaired".
    Ayisdra said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

Yeah, just thought of that one about 10 minutes ago. I tried to do a whole lot of other things with it before that, mind. Don't ask. :\">

• Elanorwen said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

Yeah, just thought of that one about 10 minutes ago. I tried to do a whole lot of other things with it before that, mind. Don't ask. :\">
    ...asking.
  • Finally caught the missus around, and then couldn't figure out how to split the promise ring with her. Clearly PROMISE would make too much sense to use, but heeeeey it worked!

Promise with no other input:
    Who do you want to form an everlasting promise with?
    Syntax: PROMISE <person> <promise>.

Promise success:
    You look Shiawase in the eyes and hold a promise ring before you. Speaking slowly and clearly, you promise, "[....]" As you finish speaking, the ring begins to glow and the ghost of a duplicate appears in Shiawase's hands. A barely-visible shaft of energy joins the two rings together and you know that forever shall you be bound by the oath you have made today.

Trying to Promise again:
    You have already promised your ring to someone!