Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Rune of Razing (3000ag)
    Attach to a weapon, lets you use RAZE <TARGET> against denizens. Doing so will take down shields while delivering 1/2 the normal damage of that weapon against that target, requiring the same balance recovery time of that weapon.

Clearly I'm getting jealous of bashing along side monks.
  • Kagato said:
    Can't see the palette or artist's brush artifacts happening as it would render the golden paintbrush artifact completely obsolete beyond creating additional tints out of herbs, which is a minor/negligible bonus and in NO WAY worth 400 credits by itself.

A gleaming sculpting chisel - 150 credits - Decreases the eq for sculpture, figurine, and statue construction, decreases marble comm use for construction and upkeep. - Could be rolled into the existing chisel - doesn't need to be it's own separate artifact.

A paint-splattered artist's brush - 50 credits - Decreases the comms for palettes and painting upkeeps, allows up to four paintings to reside on the easel.  - Already covered by the Golden Paintbrush artifact, which halves the required paint needed for landscapes or portraits.

A chaotic palette of paints - 50 credits - Permanent, non-decayable master palette. - would render the paintbrush artifact almost completely obsolete, at 1/8th of the cost.

Artifact: Golden Paintbrush
    Cost:
      400 Credits
    Artifact Description:
    - This magical paintbrush will halve the amount of paint needed when painting landscapes or
    portraits (if you have the skill)    - Palette artifact would render this ability completely obsolete unless it had a limited number of applications per weave like the powerplex jewel.
    - Preparing palettes of paint will create 3x the amount of applications than normal  - Again would be rendered obsolete if you had a palette artifact with virtually unlimited paint.
    - You will double the number of tints you create - Apart from using tints for designs that require them, a palette artifact would lower demand for tints dramatically.
    - Must be wielded when using.

I figured I would reblog for the skills, seeing as the artifacts are questionable.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • edited January 2018
    Trailblazers compass (300 cr)
    grants access to the FORGEPATH ability from ecology, letting you create new mystic pathways.
    If you already have the skill, it speeds the process.
  • If it doesn't already exist, I would 100% buy an artifact that slows aetherwill loss or refreshes aetherwill.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • edited January 2018
    A gnomish grappling hook
    This hook allows you to SCALE <+/-> <1-8> up or down a mountain quickly (however with a massive balance recovery time based on the scale number). If you already possess the Mountaineering ability in Environment, this recover is cut by 1/4. Aka Rasebal's quest sucks, gulagoyles suck.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Atiya said:
    A gnomish grappling hook
    This hook allows you to SCALE <+/-> <1-8> up or down a mountain quickly (however with a massive balance recovery time based on the scale number). If you already possess the Mountaineering ability in Environment, this recover is cut by 1/4. Aka Rasebal's quest sucks, gulagoyles suck.
    There's countless events and quests where scaling really is hindering. I'd personally settle for an artifact that cuts the balance cost of scaling by 1/2 or something like that. Maybe give the scaling skill if you don't have it, but if you have it, you gain a 50% cut. Likewise, I've always felt like being able to fly should give you the chance to land on a particular elevation, which would also be a solution to me, even though it may overbuff flying.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    ********************************* ARTIFACT #63 *********************************

Cost:
      150 Credits

Artifact Description:
    - Wearing these crampons will decrease the balance loss on scaling mountains by half.

Short Description: a pair of mechanical crampons
    Dropped Description: A pair of mechanical crampons have been discarded here.
    Extended Description:
    These crampons are metal gadgets designed to fit upon the feet. Adjustable
    straps allow them to expand or contract to fit the size of a delicate faeling
    foot up to the largest tae'dae paw. Small gears and levers are cleverly inset
    beneath the stainless steel claws which mechanically grip when the crampon is
    pushed and releases when the crampon is pulled. Upon close examination small
    magical runes are inscribed into each gear tooth, allowing them to operate with
    an almost eerie intelligence.

Category: utility
    Keywords: credits
    ********************************************************************************

@Aeldra Already a thing!
  • Vivet said:
    ********************************* ARTIFACT #63 *********************************

Short Description: a pair of mechanical crampons

********************************************************************************

@Aeldra Already a thing!
    So what I am hearing is, given the crampons another level of purchasing power (200 credits? whatever) to make you able to scale directly to whatever height you want? Great! I agree! :smiley:
  • Kiakoda's Scout (5000 goop)

Much like the owl from the birds curio collection, will list all people in the area without specifying room number. Bypasses cloak, skunk spray, etc. Unlike the owl, it has no cool down. Requires but does not use balance, much like a nose.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2018
    Any chance of an upgrade to one of the artifacts to speed up charging of cubes?  Currently it is almost painfully slow, taking 16 minutes and 40 seconds to charge a single unruned cube from empty (ENCHANT CUBE pulses every 5 seconds, generating 5 charges, meaning it takes 1000 seconds to fill an unruned cube.)  Charging a cube with a level 1 rune currently takes 1,538 seconds (around 26 minutes), a little over 75% of the time it would take to charge 2 unruned cubes, but still a long time.

It could possibly be done as an upgrade to the flux capacitor, or to the lens artifact, either one would make sense RP-wise and would be worth the investment.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    edited January 2018
    oops.

Kagato said:
    Any chance of an upgrade to one of the artifacts to speed up charging of cubes?  Currently it is almost painfully slow, taking 16 minutes and 40 seconds to charge a single unruned cube from empty (ENCHANT CUBE pulses every 5 seconds, generating 5 charges, meaning it takes 1000 seconds to fill an unruned cube.)  Charging a cube with a level 1 rune currently takes 1,538 seconds (around 26 minutes), a little over 75% of the time it would take to charge 2 unruned cubes, but still a long time.

It could possibly be done as an upgrade to the flux capacitor, or to the lens artifact, either one would make sense RP-wise and would be worth the investment.
    I'm not sure of the method provided, but I'd like to second this. Charging cubes is a really painful and boring excerise right now, probably only seconded by herbalism ( though at least you move rooms then ). It's literal hours of standing still where you really can't do -anything-, being more or less forced to idle. You can tweak the amount going into your cube and I upgraded my 'charging cube' to the max to make it a little less painful, but if memory serves it's still ~20 minutes per cube. That is a lot of time if you're running an aethershop.

Personally I'd net a few credits for something that increases charging speed. I'd be fine to have this merged into an existing artifact, e. g. the gloves of mastery or the flux capacitor as well. As it is, I turn down people who ask for having their cubes recharged outside of when I have time and idle long enough to do shop restockings simply because the time delay is too long.
    Aeldra said:
    I'm not sure of the method provided, but I'd like to second this. Charging cubes is a really painful and boring excerise right now, probably only seconded by herbalism ( though at least you move rooms then ). It's literal hours of standing still where you really can't do -anything-, being more or less forced to idle. You can tweak the amount going into your cube and I upgraded my 'charging cube' to the max to make it a little less painful, but if memory serves it's still ~20 minutes per cube. That is a lot of time if you're running an aethershop.

Personally I'd net a few credits for something that increases charging speed. I'd be fine to have this merged into an existing artifact, e. g. the gloves of mastery or the flux capacitor as well. As it is, I turn down people who ask for having their cubes recharged outside of when I have time and idle long enough to do shop restockings simply because the time delay is too long.
    Same.  I primarily charge cubes for the Order shop, sometimes I might charge cubes for someone I am on good terms with if I am especially bored and can't be bothered going out hunting.

• Veil of the Doppelganger
    Once per day (60 minutes cool down), you may DOPPELGANGER <player> which will throw the Veil of the Doppelganger over that player making them look exactly like you. Further more, both your allies and enemies will not know which of you is the real you! All actions targeting you initially have a 50% chance of targeting your doppelganger. After 5 seconds, they are 75% likely to target the real you and after 10 seconds the veil falls and they return to their normal self. This includes non-aggressive actions too, like healing, etc. A double edged sword!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A Well-worn Woobie
    A Broken-in Bear
    A Pristine Protector Pillow

All offer different levels of Celerity when a dreamweaver is in dreamform. One upgrades into the other.
  • No. Blanket runes!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Moi said:
    No. Blanket runes!
    Make one the goop skin?
  • How about an artifact that provides Acrobatics/Athletics - Sprint?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Doesn't the surfboard already do that?  And yes, it is odd that you can surf on dry land but I know I have done it and we have had talks with admins who were inclined to keep it as is.
  • Xenthos said:
    Doesn't the surfboard already do that?  And yes, it is odd that you can surf on dry land but I know I have done it and we have had talks with admins who were inclined to keep it as is.
    I love it, thanks.
    Surfboard is oddly hilarious but it's also great :) love it to bits.
  • Mark of the Wyrded Ones (250cr)

Allows you to retain the form of a Wyrdenwood whilst changing class. (Basically, a racial skin). No, I have absolutely no clue how difficult this would be to code, but DO IIIIIT.

• urtrap trap reset artifact. Attach to trap. Allows the adding of bait to use in a trap  (URTRAP SETUP <TRAP> BAIT <bait> ADD <1-10>) trap will bait any unbaited traps and reset any sprung traps as long as it has bait.
  • edited February 2018
    Versalean said:
    Mark of the Wyrded Ones (250cr)

Allows you to retain the form of a Wyrdenwood whilst changing class. (Basically, a racial skin). No, I have absolutely no clue how difficult this would be to code, but DO IIIIIT.

Oh, and of course a wildewood version, in the interests of racial equality. But only if it's called Breath of the Wilde.

Could. Not. Resist.
  • Baldric of Klangratch upgrade to the Belt of Klangratch. Holds 100 items (room for classflex weapons and multiple wands). Grants the DRAW and SHEATHE commands. 
  • BUMP

More artifact ideas please! Especially BIG artifacts!
  • Not sure if it's been suggested before, but an artifact that would act as a second person - as in, you can form a squad and they would act as a second person to generate power for your city/commune. Also entering a room with agressive mobs, they would attack the 'buddy' first (hi 25 Forsaken in a room!). Maybe they come with a base of 5000 health and if they die it takes a IG day to reset back to you, and regen is slow enough for healing.