Simple questions?

Comments

• Anita said:
    What type of Fae are Lieutenant Poim, Sentinels of  the Willow, Captain Maple, Margery Sweetpease? Or are they like the Fae Knights on Faethorn?
    I think the Lieutenant and Maple are meant to be dryads of a type (or wood nymphs?). Margery is related to Butter, and I think Butter (and Perriwinkle/fae knights) are a "generic" fae-type that isn't categorized in the way a leprechaun, brownie, or others are. 
  • Naevari said:
    What are the 1p/3p lines for the normal ridiculous pig nose and the keen leonine nose? They're not listed in the ashop descriptions.

Can the 1p/3p lines be modified with artifact customization?

1p: You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a keen leonine nose upon your face the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.

Don't have the 3p right now, but it would be the same as the pig nose (obviously replacing 'ridiculous pig nose' with 'keen leonine nose')

The 1p/3p lines cannot be modified with goop skin customization. You could probably ask to customize them if you paid for a full artifact customization with credits.
  • Is there a repository of ranking/winning Beauty submissions anywhere?
  • Versalean said:
    Is there a repository of ranking/winning Beauty submissions anywhere?
    You can go to the cave of beauty to see the most recent batch. Read the plaque and then the items are all in there.
  • Is there a fairly up to date list of skills and their abilities anywhere? Lusternia's doesn't seem to grant you access if you yourself don't have it. :(
  • edited January 2018
    http://wiki.lusternia.com/Skills is the usual place to go, but it's not always up to date.
  • edited January 2018
    Foehn said:
    http://wiki.lusternia.com/Skills is the usual place to go, but it's not always up to date.
    I try to keep the skills section as up to date as possible but I can only have so many alts with transcended skills. If you see something that's out of date, toss me a pastebin with the abs and I'll happily update them!

Edit: Tahtetso and Ninjakari users are especially invited to do this, since their skills are way out of date.
  • edited January 2018
    Mrak said:
    Foehn said:
    I try to keep the skills section as up to date as possible but I can only have so many alts with transcended skills. If you see something that's out of date, toss me a pastebin with the abs and I'll happily update them!

Edit: Tahtetso and Ninjakari users are especially invited to do this, since their skills are way out of date.
    Wiki editors are generally welcome to send the current anomaly a message requesting a current skill level listing and AB dump. I'm more than happy to oblige since it takes me literally 3 minutes to do, and that's if I'm half asleep and fumbling around trying to remember how to use a keyboard. Just try to keep it to 2-3 skillsets/week maximum please.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited January 2018
    It's pretty tedious to do with the correct formatting if it's not a minor update. I long ago went through and tagged skills pages that need major overhauls with the Outdated tag. Every so often I go through and do a big batch, I've updated all the skills pages that aren't tagged with Outdated, so they should only need fairly minor changes to accommodate for envoy and other changes.

The tricky bit is the drift that silently happens with AB text
  • I can include text in dumps pretty easily, though diffing is generally hard, yeah. I don't really have a good solution there, will try to think of one.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Q: wtf is diffing?
  • Versalean said:
    Q: wtf is diffing?
    I assume it's what you'd call comparing two texts to see what is different about each of them.
  • Could the Charites possibly delete rejection comments on designs once they eventually decide to accept them?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Can't you clearcomments?
  • I do not know

• Upon further inspection, I do not seem to have that as a DESIGN thing, no idea if as a TM thing

• edited February 2019

I'm so sorry, @Charites !
  • no no, when I do DESIGN, I don't see clear comments or whatever
  • Arix said:
    no no, when I do DESIGN, I don't see clear comments or whatever

DESIGN (number) COMMENTS on any wip, rejected or recalled design should erase everything.
  • You can do it with accepted designs too, treating it as a wip design. just design # comment and it will erase it, even if it's been accepted and is sitting in a cartel. Or it did, last I tried.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Xenthos said:
    Can't you clearcomments?
    I always clear all the comments before submitting again. Even if I would have explanations I just don't add them. No offense, I just compulsively do that to make sure that there aren't odd OOC comments branded there forever.

I don't think you can clear comments once the design was accepted. 
    1) You can clear comments on an accepted design using that same DESIGN <number> COMMENTS method. Can confirm I have done so in the past.

2) Regarding clearing comments before re-submitting a design, does that happen to erase the comments for the reviewers too? If so, I'd imagine that might actually slow the re-submission process! Might be something worth asking the @Charites about.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • yeah that works, clearing comments on a bunch of stuff now
  • Why does:
    476  A mechanical dirigible               Utility             100db

Have a quicker cool down than:
    492  An oil-streaked mechanical zeppelin  Utility             100db

• edited January 2018
    Veyils said:
    Why does:
    476  A mechanical dirigible               Utility             100db

Have a quicker cool down than:
    492  An oil-streaked mechanical zeppelin  Utility             100db

The Gnafia zeppelin also throws people off balance for a short time when it completes its delivery. The increased cooldown is to limit its combat applications.
  • What do Celestines' holy symbol look like? Have not been able to catch a celestine at the odd hours I can log in
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Arix said:
    yeah that works, clearing comments on a bunch of stuff now
    P. sure this only works on cartel stuff, not the stuff pushed through the cartel into Public.
  • Lehki said:
    What do Celestines' holy symbol look like? Have not been able to catch a celestine at the odd hours I can log in
    So, I know there are people who have records of their descriptions. Perhaps one of them could hook you up?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Smooth, gentle riverstone has been marked with the Celestial symbols of love, kindness, and gentle understanding. The radiant symbol emanates a soothing, placid song that continues in an endlessly rapturous progression. Upon the back has been marked the graven image of a gilded lyre set next to a resplendent daisy. A sense of harmony reverberates from deep within the symbol.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Lehki said:
    What do Celestines' holy symbol look like? Have not been able to catch a celestine at the odd hours I can log in
    So, I know there are people who have records of their descriptions. Perhaps one of them could hook you up?

That's what I was hoping for by asking here, yes. /sass

@Annick I'm assuming that's it, so thanks! Though looking at it I'm now wondering do the symbols/image change depending on your pledge?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2018
    Lehki said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Lehki said:

That's what I was hoping for by asking here, yes. /sass

@Annick I'm assuming that's it, so thanks! Though looking at it I'm now wondering do the symbols/image change depending on your pledge?
    Trying to remember, since I've had a custom symbol for so freakin' long now.  Pretty sure there's some subtle differences depending on if your deep pledge is with Methrenton, Raziela, Japhiel, Shakiniel or Elohora.  Any chance of a confirmation/denial on this @Ianir or another godmin?
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?