Have you ever been killed by a Wyrdenwood in 1v1?

edited February 2018 in Combat Overhaul
ETA: Real combat, not during testing etc.

Comments

• Gonna hazard that any yes answers will have been to a runist using dproph, or similar.
  • Never, even since I was one of the first to have fought them! Nasty in groups, lackluster solo.
  • SazSaz
    edited February 2018
    That has been echoed, but Runes (at least until very recent nerfs) have been one of the best skillset to solofight others, if not "the" best. And it's probably still very much potent. Just look up to @Foehn as a Wyrdenwood solokiller.

But class-specific instakills without relying on tertiaries? That doesn't exist for any other chemwood type either. Nor for druids with their useless thornrend.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • You know, there was a time when - thanks to allergies - it was possible to kill with Thornrend and not use a tert. I did it often. But runes, runes gives anybody the ability to kill solo on it's own thanks to DProph. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Hiriako said:
    You know, there was a time when - thanks to allergies - it was possible to kill with Thornrend and not use a tert. I did it often. But runes, runes gives anybody the ability to kill solo on it's own thanks to DProph. 
    I still hope someone will make thornrend a viable druid kill... it's thematically just awesome.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2018
    Aeldra said:
    Hiriako said:
    You know, there was a time when - thanks to allergies - it was possible to kill with Thornrend and not use a tert. I did it often. But runes, runes gives anybody the ability to kill solo on it's own thanks to DProph. 
    I still hope someone will make thornrend a viable druid kill... it's thematically just awesome.

I used it earlier today...

Though to be fair it didn't look like the target was writhing properly. I know SSC does cure it though.
  • Even in double writhe allergies days, ignite eliminated lashes as a threat quite handily - you can keep yourself ablaze and tank the damage to continually cure off lashes. Once you could lash in sap they became much more useful, but for shake-n-bake, not so much thornrend. Famously Crown would also prio curing lashes over curing sap, time after time. Hilarious
  • I do forget about ignite. I know he definitely didn't do that. Ignite working on lashes is pretty frustrating. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what allergies does exactly these days. Anyway, I doubt I'll get a kill with it again any time soon!
  • Not sure allergies have ever done anything but be a pain.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Allergies at maximum double the delay on sap (from .5s to 1s), halve shrugging rates, and increase the time it takes to writhe out of an entangle by 50%. There are 15 levels, so each level does 1/15th of the maximum effect.