Clock of Wonder

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2792
Date: 2/1/2018 at 0:11
To  : Everyone
Subj: February Wonder Promotion!

For the month of February, you can purchase wonder crystals directly on the website at: https://www.lusternia.com/credits/

Each package of wonder crystals also contains 2 presents for each wonder crystal in the package! Wonder crystals can be used to create any of our many wonder items. See HELP WONDER ITEMS.

CLOCK OF WONDER - TO BE RELEASED THIS WEEKEND!
A new wonder item is set to be released over the weekend! The Clock of Wonder is a manse-only item, which can only be erected in a manse (or ship) you own. The clock has 20 different powers, including storing goods, creating ambient messages in your manse, growing flowers throughout your manse to name a few. If your manse is a ship, some powers will have additional effects. One power allows you to create a clock tattoo on your wrist that connects you to your clock to directly access some powers, like wrinkling or stopping time. For detailed information, see HELP CLOCK OF WONDER.

Penned by My hand on the 1st of Shanthin, in the year 494 CE.

-------------

CLOCK OF WONDER
===============

The first crystal will form into a Clock of Wonder which allows activating the clock's first power. Clocks of Wonder may only be formed within a manse that you own, but they may be moved in the future if desired. Each additional crystal will add a different special power. You can build the Clock up to 20 crystals. WONDERCLOCK will show you all syntax. Note that crystals can also be traded with other players.

1. Dawn Display: Allows you to set a custom ambient which displays at dawn throughout your manse.
2. Pendulum Cabinet: Transforms your clock into a cabinet which slows the decay of up to 50 items. Only the owner may access this container.
3. Noon Display: Allows you to set a custom ambient which displays at noon throughout your manse.
4. Spring Time: Allows you to trigger flower growth randomly throughout your manse. When used in an aethership, this power will increase the power draw from collectors for the next 60 minutes (usable 1/IG month).
5. Dusk Display: Allows you to set a custom ambient which displays at dusk throughout your manse.
6. Dusk Diver: Allows you to imbue yourself with the dusk diver power. When dusk arrives, you gain 1/10 Health, Mana and Ego bonuses for both vitals and regeneration, as well as 10% power reserves (usable 3/IG month). This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo (when gained).
7. Midnight Display: Allows you to set a custom ambient which displays at midnight throughout your manse.
8. Autumn Time: Allows you to trigger rooms within your manse to change colours. When used in an aethership, this power will increase the efficiency of turrets for the next 60 minutes (usable 1/IG month).
9. Time Tattoo: Applies a tattoo to your hand which represents a link to your clock. Whilst you are linked, you gain celerity. Every day turn, the glass upon the clock will regenerate if cracked by Time Stop. This tattoo is outside the normal tattoos system (it does not take a slot or gain other powers).
10. Day Shift: Forces your entire manse into daylight for 6 IG days (usable 2/IG month). This power cancels out Night Shift.
11. Night Shift: Forces your entire manse into night for 6 IG days (usable 2/IG month). This power cancels out Day Shift.
12. Time Wrinkle: Allows you to instantly transport 5 rooms away from where you currently are. The room will be random and must be continguous; if no such rooms are available the power will fail (usable 5/IG month). This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.
13. Gathering Dust: Causes your clock to gather power per weave that you may then link to for power (5 power per crystal in the clock). When used in an aethership, collectors will also offer their power (1 power per collector).
14. Winter Time: Allows you to cause a snowfall in your manse, which can create snowmen and snowballs. When used in an aethership, increases hull strength (usable 5/IG month).
15. Time Door: Allows you to create a doorway to your clock from anywhere if you have a Time Tattoo. If you own multiple clocks, you may link your tattoo to a specific clock.
16. Summer Time: Allows you to trigger a feeling of warmth in your manse which heals the Health, Mana and Ego of everyone in the manse. When used in an aethership, grants slow regeneration to hull health for 60 minutes (usable 1/IG month).
17. Timeslider: Allows you to dodge time as per Timeslip, and may stack with that ability if possessed (usable 5/IG month). This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.
18. Lost Time: Allows you to inflict blackout and a random mental affliction on all enemies in your room (usable 3/IG month). This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.
19. Dawn Diver: Allows you to imbue yourself with the dawn diver power, gaining 1/6 bonus to balance and equilibrium for 60 minutes. This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.
20. Time Stop: Allows you to negate all damage, curing and afflictions roomwide for a total of 10 seconds per IG day. These seconds do not all need to be used at once - the power can be stopped prematurely and restarted if desired. If the full 10 seconds are used then the clock becomes cracked. Time Stop may not be activated if the clock is cracked. This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.

PS: Yes, I typo'd "contingous".

Comments

• edited February 2018
    On the one hand, this would be amazing to have for fun manse stuff. On the other, even if it didn't have combat abilities at all, the market for crystals is still priced based on the power of the wonder items taken as a whole, so I'll likely never get one, because for that price I'd rather finish a cornucopia and half of another wonder item. Hmm.

EDIT: I don't mean to bitch, sorry if it came off that way. As far as wonder items go, I love this design a lot. :)
  • Arix said:
    We should get an item that's nothing but defensive stuff, barriers, resistances, etcetera. We can call it 'the Wonderwall'
    What's in a wonderwall? Who knows what surprises a wonderwall can hide?
  • I feel like a cracked clock should stop all clock tattoo effects. I mean, it looks really powerful, but then for ~2000cr perhaps it should be. Great concept; wish I aethershipped more! 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand

15. Time Door: Allows you to create a doorway to your clock from anywhere if you have a Time Tattoo.

Would be nice to know what restrictions exist on this - it seems VERY powerful, especially as an 'oh shit' button.  Guessing it works like a channeled teleport.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited February 2018
    Is time stop going to stop standing? Writhing? Waking up? How does it interact with timed instas?

Also, can't help but think of this.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited February 2018
    Mrak said:
    Is time stop going to stop standing? Writhing? Waking up? How does it interact with timed instas?

Also, can't help but think of this.
    Meanwhile,

Might also be good to get clarification on the 20th tier effect. Roomwide implies it's only good/effective in that room once activated, yes? Not that it applies to allies?
  • SazSaz
    edited February 2018
    And this is what the promo reminds me.

The expression also reflects my thoughts about the effects.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • ^ Was also my first thought entirely.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Kagato said:

15. Time Door: Allows you to create a doorway to your clock from anywhere if you have a Time Tattoo.

Would be nice to know what restrictions exist on this - it seems VERY powerful, especially as an 'oh shit' button.  Guessing it works like a channeled teleport.
    Essentially like wonderwand portal, but one-way to manse. Respects monolith in casting room.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    edited February 2018
    Ianir said:
    Kagato said:

Essentially like wonderwand portal, but one-way to manse. Respects monolith in casting room.
    So kind of like PRIZED in Artisan, but it is linked to the clock instead of other furniture and doesn't have the same power cost?

• Portal is two directional as well and can be used by other people and lasts a bit of time. So folks could follow you after your gone? Unlike prized I guess.
    Hmmm, if others can follow you through it, pretty much removes it's use as an 'oh shit' button since they can just go through as well, unless you have a decently sized manse or have your clock at the manse portal :P

• Hmm

19. Dawn Diver: Allows you to imbue yourself with the dawn diver power, gaining 1/6 bonus to balance and equilibrium for 60 minutes. This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.

doesnt say its limited to charges. Does that mean you basically have a 1/6 balance buff potentially up forever?
  • edited February 2018
    Does the Time Door power also have the distance limitation that prized does?  (i.e not across aetherspace)
  • edited February 2018
    Kagato said:
    Hmmm, if others can follow you through it, pretty much removes it's use as an 'oh shit' button since they can just go through as well, unless you have a decently sized manse or have your clock at the manse portal :P
    Please, let someone chase me into 50 mobs in a manse on top of sigils when they cant open any doors. I BEG them to be that dumb. 

@Saran: Good question. It specifically says ANYWHERE, so I assumed literally anywhere. Not always a safe bet though!
  • Malarious said:
    Kagato said:
    Please, let someone chase me into 50 mobs in a manse on top of sigils when they cant open any doors. I BEG them to be that dumb. 

@Saran: Good question. It specifically says ANYWHERE, so I assumed literally anywhere. Not always a safe bet though!
    I'm reminded of Richter's script for Deepnight, let him move around it by creating and destroying exits afaik.

It'd be old prized if so, which was nice but got nerfed to it's current state.
  • If it is enterable by others, can following be forced?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    If I had to venture a guess, the manse code prevents forced following in this instance, but dominating someone into entering otherwise might work.
  • For the Dusk Diver power - how long do the buffs last? 60mins?
    For the tattoo - what does 'celerity' mean in this case? Is it a speed buff?
    For Time Wrinkle - How does this interact with conditional exits (like ones that are not there until you do a quest or some sort of action), hidden exits, and nonstandard exits (ENTER, portals that open up when you do some quest, etc)?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enya said:
    If it is enterable by others, can following be forced?
    I'm going to say that probably no, any more than you can dominate someone to follow you into a manse or off prime if you don't have masochism.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Have y'all heard about Ixchilgal's Wondercockclock?
  • Ayisdra said:
    For the Dusk Diver power - how long do the buffs last? 60mins?
    For Time Wrinkle - How does this interact with conditional exits (like ones that are not there until you do a quest or some sort of action), hidden exits, and nonstandard exits (ENTER, portals that open up when you do some quest, etc)?
    Much of this is in the help file.

• edited February 2018
    Steingrim said:
    Ayisdra said:

None of the answers are in the help file. that is why I asked.

Edit: But Tamador did answer my questions for the first two. Dusk Diver is a 60min buff and Celerity is a movement buff. Still don't know about Time Wrinkle. Tamador did say it was probably like tiphat peppermint power.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Steingrim said:
    Ayisdra said:

None of the answers are in the help file. that is why I asked.

Edit: But Tamador did answer my questions for the first two. Dusk Diver is a 60min buff and Celerity is a movement buff. Still don't know about Time Wrinkle. Tamador did say it was probably like tiphat peppermint power.
    Maybe it was updated after you posted, sorry.

19. Dawn Diver: Allows you to imbue yourself with the dawn diver power, gaining 1/6 bonus
    to balance and equilibrium for 60 minutes (usable 3/IG month). This power may be activated 
    through your Time Tattoo.

I can't think of any Celerit(ies) which aren't movement, but there might be some. It also seems that the bonuses do not map one to one to an extra movement (the resolution effect) seems to not normally increase my actual movement. I am assuming the formula is probably something like movement potential - movement resistances = actual movement. So while the bonus is actually there it might not be enough to always move you another spot. 

12. Time Wrinkle: Allows you to instantly transport 5 rooms away from where you currently
    are. The room will be random and must be continguous; if no such rooms are available the 
    power will fail (usable 5/IG month). This power may be activated through your Time Tattoo.

I know you want an actual answer and perhaps @Ianir will answer it for us. But it doesn't seem to work on one way exits (so not rooms you need to pull a lever to get into, nor rooms like bix rooms) nor does it work if you are on a monolith.
  • Those... were always in the text, or were at least always were in the admin text which it was built from. I didn't write the helpfile.

Time Wrinkle is an outward breadth-first search with the initial room acting as generation 0, not checking special exits.

Celerity is just movement before hasty messages before any modifiers such as weather or anything.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • @Ianir - "Breadth-first"?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    @Ianir - "Breadth-first"?
    tech term, as opposed to 'depth first' describing the way an organized data structure is traversed. In short he's telling you he's looking at all rooms at the same level, then at all on the second level, etc instead of following the first exit 5 deep and then the second exit 5 deep.

if that makes sense and am correct.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.